1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O-Line Help

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Oct 14, 2011.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    If we draft Luck, Barkley, or Jones, you gotta think that O-line will be our likely second round pick if there's value at our spot, right?

RT or G? Thoughts?

2. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    RT for sure. I think you need someone competent to slow down the speed rushers. I think if you take a QB in the first, a RT in the second, leave Incognito at a guard spot (for one more year at least) and sign a free agent guard, then the offense will be set. If there is a value tight end in the later rounds you take one otherwise go for a safety

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO RT has been a huge problem, but I don't know whether the best way to solve it is with the draft or FA. I see FS, TE and RT as our three main needs after QB. Anyone of those could be our next choice or even none of them depending on what we fill in with free agency.

4. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I like Cordy Glenn a lot. He is out of position as LT this year for Georgia but I think he would make a good RG for us. I haven't been able to watch him at all but going off of reports and things I have read about him. Same thing with Ben Jones, C for Georgia. Tough guy that I like as a C/RG prospect. Levy Adcock I like alot from OK State. He seems to be a RT only prospect but a good run blocker and pass blocks well enough. Personally I'm looking at free agency hopefully next year to fill some of these gaps. I hope to god that Ben Grubbs or Carl Nicks some how make it to free agency and we grab one. Then you grab an Anthony Collins to be your RT and I feel much better about protecting Luck.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I'm going to have to look into this some. Haven't paid as much attention to the OL other than to say Dave DeCastro is the real deal. Probably a Pro Bowler at the next level.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Right side of the line, RG and RT, or alternatively, LG and RT and Richie I should be playing RG.

To me, if things go downhill, we need to see if John Jerry has anything to offer, if Daniel Thomas is a stud Rb then we have a nice foundation and that is one of the things that needs to be sorted out.