1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NY Daily News Gallery of the Most Gruesome Injuries Ever

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by phunwin, Jul 24, 2009.

1. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...e_injuries/sports_most_gruesome_injuries.html

OK, a fine list, and #1 goes a long way towards explaining Frank Gifford's announcing career. But still, how do they leave out Shaun Livingston with the worst ACL tear in history? I remember seeing that and thinking "if he was a horse, they would have shot him". Also missing were Tony Conigliaro, Tim Krumrie, Napoleon Kaufmann, Travis Roy, Darryl Stingley, and worst of all: Ace Bailey. They might not have photos of that one; it was 70+ years ago, but still, the dude went into a coma, almost died, and (oh by the way) never played hockey again. Bonus points for the fact that Bailey's dad was so pissed that he got a gun and was waiting at North Station to shoot Eddie Shore for what Shore did to his son.

Edit: Warning: some of these are pretty gross. If you have a weak stomach, go elsewhere.

2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The pictures of Malarchuk, Baranyai and Prothro are simply gross, they really should come with a warning.

I remember the Kendall, Florie and Cameron ones. The Cameron and Florie injuries were very scary at the time, especially seeing it live.

And I also agree that the Tony C. injury should have been in there. Just the after picture alone was gruesome.

3. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

Fixed. :up:

Ray Finkle likes this.
  4. emeraldfin

emeraldfin All I've got is insane

Dec 12, 2007
    Carlow, Ireland
    Ugh, dont feel the greatest after going through that.

But its something you have to get used to seeing if your into sport.

5. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    Cant wait to show these to my sports medicine class. I love trying to make someone puke on the 1st day of classes... HEHE

opfinistic likes this.