1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Numbers point to emergence of Dolphin consistency

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Muck, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Steve Sykes

http://www.thephins.com/index.php?o...of-dolphin-consistency&catid=18:doctors-notes

Sippi, Brown42000, Finrunner and 19 others like this.
  2. Themole

Themole Season Ticket Holder

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
  3. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Chad Pennington is completing 67% of his passes and has a passer rating of 93+ on the year. That is exactly the type of QB play we need to go along with Ronnie running the ball like he has.

The best part is that Chad makes GOOD decisions with the ball too. I think a telling play was when he tripped in his own endzone. If that is Beck/Henne, they probably just fall on the ball and take the safety or try to make something with nothing there.

Pennington simply got up, got outside the pocket and threw it away. Great patience and poise and amazing awareness. Had he simply thrown it away inside the pocket, its an intentional grounding/safety/loss of possesion.

I would like to see our defense create more turnovers and we need to work on pass coverage of deep routes as we were lucky that Rivers overthrew Jackson. But overall, how can you not be pleased with how much better this team looks overall?

gunn34, cnc66, Disnardo and 1 other person like this.
  4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    "Chad Pennington completed passes to the tune of 75.9%. This efficiency has been the hallmark of his career, but look a little further. He also averaged 10 yards per completion and 7.89 yards per attempt. No one’s going to confuse his arm with Jeff George, but the “weak arm” rap is fading like so much early morning fog."

I disagree with this part. CP's arm is clearly not strong but what's also clear is how little a strong arm has to do with being a good QB.

Bpk likes this.
  5. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    in the endzone any penalty is a safety. It was a very good play imo, saved us two points and given momentum the game. I agree strongly with the we need some turnovers but what the hell, the defense is presently so much better than I expected that I'm hap hap happy anyway.

Steve, good one bro, thanks. I spoke of the ypc to my son yesterday, pretty much on the theme of your work here. I was SO impressed at how we finished, and a BIG part of that was Ronnie refusing to be denied. Ricky had a couple of important runs too, despite the numbers.

I am so proud of our team.. I am old school, to me, nothing is finer than stuffing the run, and then imposing our will with physical dominance. These last two games have given me the most wonderful humm, I had not realized how long it has been since my faith wasn't broken by yet another cave in.

Disnardo likes this.
  6. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    My statement was that criticism of his "weak" arm has pretty much disappeared. And it has.

7. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i'll admit i still tense up every time he lobs one downfield though..

8. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    I don't know bout Samphin... but how many times when we needed a stop on this Defense from 2000-2003 did we see Sam Madison or Pat Surtain give up a 60+ yards TD???

I can remember a few, and I am not talking about 2005 or 2006... We forget that those CBs in their good years here gave up a big play here or there...

So to say if it happened to them why would it not happen to less talented players???

9. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Exactly, ask J. Montana...:knucks:

10. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    damn... thats a great stat to point out there on Ronnie... 5.2 yards per carry average, and your longest is only 13 yards... thats damn impressive. sounds like ronnie and the o-line were great again this week. cant wait to get to see this game...

11. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    lots of good stats.....I haven't been so confident about the future of this franchise since Marino days!!

12. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    The Herald's Israel Gutierrez put it this way:

13. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    The sun is starting to shine again on our team. This is a great time to be a Dolfan. Us old timers deserve it. Hell...we ALL deserve it after the wanny years.

14. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb6ErLPt4t8]YouTube - Intro the jeffersons[/ame]

:hi5: