1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure whats going on.

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by smahtaz, Jul 29, 2011.

1. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

For the past week or so I'm getting a popup that says:

Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?

Changes in the editor will be lost.

I haven't made any changes in the editor.

Any ideas?

Bpk likes this.
  2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    If you type something in a text field and then click away from the page, there's a script in place that will confirm you actually want to leave the page (and thus lose whatever you typed).

I think it's a little too sensitive, as it prompts me even if I typed something and then deleted it. It also kicks in after I've submitted a post on occasion, apparently because it's trying to double-submit my post. But on the whole, it's a convenience feature, making sure you don't accidentally lose your post content before submitting it.

Bpk likes this.
  3. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Thanks. It's just weird because I always copy/paste my comments from Word. I'm spelling challenged.

4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Yeah, I'm having the issue too. When I click to submit a post I often get pop-ups or redirect warning and error messages. It's a bit of a pain. Thinking that thus far the 60/100 times it's hassling me on posts outweighs the convenience of the 1/100 times it might save a post I've half-typed.

5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    If you use firefox (at least, other browsers might do it too) it has a spell check feature where it underlines misspelled words in red and you can just right-click on them to select the properly spelled term.

6. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Other weird thing going on and not sure if anyone else is getting it - I click post reply and a message tells me I have to wait 30 seconds to post a new message. When I navigate away my post is there, but it's still very odd.

Also, cursor is randomly going right back to the start of a message when editing posts. Not a huge deal just another little glitchy nit picky thing.