1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noel Devine

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by TiP54, Apr 6, 2011.

1. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I am curious where is he projected to go? From my understanding it's not higher than a late 5th round because of his size and disappointing senior season, not to mention couple of injuries.
    I hear alot of comparisons with Sproles, but as somebody who played with him with pads and pickup games, and from what I've read, he is alot more powerfull than Sproles. He also possess a character concern. I figured our gurus know more then I do. Any thoughts?

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    He’s probably going undrafted.

3. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I appreciate your in-depth analysis, Desides :)

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    You’re welcome. :lol:

But seriously, there’s not much to say. He’s undersized and underperformed at a school that, lately, has put out several undersized players (Slaton, White) who haven’t done anything in the NFL. He might have a role as a scatback, but he’s going to have to fight for a roster spot even in an era of running back by committee.

5. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    2009...1400 yards rushing...6.2 yards per carry...12 tds....116 yards per game
    2009...22 receptions for 177 yards,,,1 td........12 games

2010...934 yards rushing...4.5 yards per carry...6 tds...71.8 yards per game
    2010...34 receptions for 258 yards...1 td.......13 games

the guy possesses a rare combination of initial burst, lateral agility and patience when asked to press the line of scrimmage. He runs from the gun consistently, but displays a real feel for tight areas, quickly picking his way through traffic, setting up blocks and then absolutely hitting another gear toward daylight. Demonstrates the ability to routinely outpace angles in the secondary vs. even the most athletic of competition and is a big-play threat every time he gets his hands on the football. Displays impressive footwork and fluidity through his hips when asked to make a defender miss at full speed. Runs with a low pad level

Exhibits the capability to catch the football out of the backfield and showcases a willingness to block in blitz pickup. Obviously isn't overly stout on contact, but can cleanly cut down defenders and reach targets on the edge. Was limited due to an ankle injury in 2010 which really took away from his ability to sharply make cuts and accurate quickly. Needs to check out medically.

Impression: A luxury guy for an NFL offense, but he can be dynamic with the ball in his hands and will find a way to generate big plays at the next level. You just need to find ways to get him the football.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_big_board_rankings.html&position=rb

TiP54 likes this.
  6. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    With how much Sparano seems to like Sproles, it wouldn't surprise me if he asks Ireland to take Noel. I'd rather have either Taiwan Jones early on or Nic Grigsby late if we're looking for a dynamic COP speedster/return guy. I'd also prefer Hunter, Todman, Quizz, and Dion Lewis. Heck, I'd prefer to give a roster spot to Graig Cooper than Devine.