1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Receivers In Round One?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 11, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

With the mediocre 40-yard dash generated by Oklahoma Malcolm Kelly and the ill-advised decision to blame the school for his performance, the receiver whom many thought had the best shot at being picked in round one is now likely to fall out of the first round.

And with Kelly’s stock dropping, some league insiders believe that there now could be no receiver picked in round one this year.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  2. gcd960

gcd960 Junior Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Doubt that, Sweed and Thomas are in the books. Jackson is a possible as well. Hardy is on the rise as well.

It seems like folks are riding the words of Mayock a couple of weeks ago when he was saying that he doesnt have any WRs with a 1st round grade. Sweed and Thomas will be 1st round draft picks. If by some chance no, hello #32.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  3. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    I think Sweed,Hardy are 1st round picks.

Though I hope Hardy falls to us at 32.:up:

4. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I read up on the slow times run by Malcolm Kelly and I think he has a legitimate gripe. Oklahoma told Kelly he would be running on one type of surface and then switched it over to a slower surface. I think Kelly is a guy I would not hesitate to take at #32, I saw what he did to my CU Buffaloes. He has great hands....I think talk about his lack of speed is nonsense....Jerry Rice was not a speed burner either but we know what he was able to do.

Check out Malcolm Kelly's highlights on YouTube and you will love the way he goes after the ball. :up:

alen1 likes this.
  5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    WR is an interesting position this year. There are no clear cut top tier guys who youd take top 10 (even 15) without hesitating. This year? All the guys mentioned so far all kind of seem to be lumped together somewhat. I predict something of a late round run on the position continuing into mid round 2 before a falloff again. Do not think any go top 15.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree with you. Kelly is a very gifted player. He has good soft hands to go along with good route running. As for the Jerry comment, I said the same thing when he ran his forty lol. I think forties tend to be overrated.

7. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    For the most part I agree completely:up:, except I SERIOUSLY doubt we take a WR in the first 5 rounds..

If we take Jake Long at #1, we WILL take a defender at the 32, and quite likely at the 57 as well.

If we dont take Jake Long at the #1, we WILL take the best olineman still on the board.:wink2:

8. gcd960

gcd960 Junior Member

Mar 26, 2008
    i think WR early makes sense for the fact that it takes a few years for it to come together for most WRs. We are not making a playoff run this year and could be a good development year for a WR and possibly a TE.

If we go D early, it has to be a cannot pass up DE or a C. Corners take longer to develop as well and would be a good idea to have them develop this year as well. a LB early for me doesnt make the most sense, LB is a position where a rookie can step in right away and make a significant impact. You just dont see that very often with a WR, C, S, TE, QB.

9. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    No way do the Titans pass up on Sweed if he is available. Vince Young would go crazy, with good reason.