1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No News Day this link will make some happy Miami to pick #1 in 2012

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan22, Aug 18, 2011.

1. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

2. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    That guy has always been a joke, so nothing new.

Frayser likes this.
  3. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    2-14? I could understand the 6-10 predictions, but 2-14? No way.

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I wouldn't be super surprised if Miami goes 2-14. I also wouldn't be surprised if Miami went 11-5.

5. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I would be very surprised by either ... however if i had to chose one record as more likely I would select the 11 wins .

This defence simply should would or put the teaminposition to win 5 or 6 games ...

6. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    The only good thing to take away from that article is his prediction that we get Luck in the draft.

SICK likes this.
  7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    yes, but when defense is in position to put the team to win 5 or 6 games, and the offense isn't, then a lot of bad luck could happen.

Heck look at Miami's 1-15 year, at least half of those games by less than 7 points.

A lot of plays could go against Miami early in the year and then a young team with a weak quarterback could easily go on a losing streak.

At the same time if a few things go right, Henne actually plays well, defense creates turnovers and a few bounces go Miami's way I could see Miami having another season like their recent playoff season.

Pandarilla likes this.
  8. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    He made these same remarks after our first preseason game. First of all, putting fake boobs up your shirt is not dressing in drag. Second, is he for real? Does he honestly think Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc. didn't take vacations this offseason? If you're going to accuse a guy of not working hard, you should probably have more evidence than two pictures of him on vacation in the Bahamas. That's just amateur journalism. Hard to take anything he has to say seriously.

Also, in his writeup after the first preseason game, he had this to say about Henne's second interception:

Regardless of how you feel about Henne's throw, that's an insult to Grimes. It was a very nice pick, and for this armchair quarterback to call it easy is ludicrous.

[video=youtube;fybwCWZrRDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fybwCWZrRDY[/video]

9. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    IF we maybe go 0-4 and get beat badly, and IF Henne has a terrible stretch followed by Moore coming in and being a dud, then MAYBE this team quits on Tony (like the Pats game) for the rest of the season. I would be hard pressed to think we are a 2 win team this year though. We may not have gotten much better, maybe Henne doesn't improve, but the defense alone should win us some.
    With even average ST performance compared to last years atrocity, I would not see us being the worst team in the league. I mean really, we are going to be worse than all of:
    - Washington?
    - Seattle?
    - Buffalo?
    - Cinci?
    - Denver?
    - Tenn?

And those are softballs. They either are in just as bad (if not worse) a QB sitution than us (Beck vs. Grossman! Tarvaris takes the snap on 3rd and 19 again! Andy Freaking Dalton?) or they have a ****ty defense like Denver who probably would surrender 40 points to the French.

All in all though, I think Walter does some of this stuff purposely - he always makes some outlandish claims and predictions. Does he REALLY think we are 2-11? Or is he maybe trying to stir a bit of controversy and drive up site views and an active comment section/forums? Seems if it's the latter its probably working.

10. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Wake alone will win us 2 games.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Keep it comin..daddy like..Post it in the locker room..

12. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    LOL, the ONLY way we go 2-14 is if we get CRUSHED by injuries. Even bad QB play and we would still win 4-5 games. We won 7 last year with inconsistent QB play....

Ophinerated and ToddsPhins like this.
  13. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    I think we're 2 injuries away from the "Suck for Luck contest"
    If Long and Wake both go down early in the season for the whole season
    we will be in some deep DOO-DOO

14. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Gave the Dolphins 5 Stars for DL, 4 Stars for LB, and 4 Stars for Secondary and projects us to go 2-14. What an idiot!

15. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Most teams are like that though.

16. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Thats just ......

How do people make money writing crap like that? I dont get it.....

17. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Advertising revenue by getting page hits by writing controversial predictions, regardless of (un)likeliness. :lol:

18. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    2 wins will not give you the #1 overall pick.....

19. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    It did last year for the Panthers.

20. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I think at least two will battle it out for 1 win this year. (and no Miami is not one of them)

21. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    not to be a party pooper, but does anyone realize we actually have a decent team?

we went 8-8 with massive injuries against one of the toughest schedules in the league. Anyone who thinks we've gotten worse has lost their marbles. Teams that pick first don't beat the previous year's super bowl teams and AFC runner up.

22. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    2-14 is pretty ridiculous, but the notion that this team might quit on Sparano if they get off to a rough start (entirely possible with this schedule) isn't so far fetched.

PhinGeneral likes this.
  23. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    this reporter is off his rocker over this analysis, I really cant imagine that many Dolphins Fans really think we are in the hunt for #1 overall pick based on this squad.

ToddsPhins and texanphinatic like this.
  24. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    he's what I worry about Todd, the advantage that other teams have over us in terms of learning a new scheme..The pats and Jets know it in their sleep and can just play football, we on the other hand are thinking...Its seems so distinct, but I just don't know how to quantify how big of an advantage we have here to overcome..We have to get to the bye 2 and 2 to get that extra week of practice..

Lots of pressure but Sparano made a decision to keep Henning that extra year so there are no excuses.

25. electrolyte

electrolyte New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I'm not mad. I hope it's true.

What's the point of a season if you aren't competing for a Super Bowl? We aren't super bowl contenders.... so I don't care if we miss the playoffs or squeak into the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st round again. Either way, we aren't going deep.

I would rather just enjoy the season and win only 2 games, have a fun time listening to the radio (remember how hilarious the 1-15 season was?), and then draft QB Luck. The next 15 years of QB position is taken care of and we can finally develop a real offense and become a legit Super Bowl contender.

I have no idea why some of you root for the Dolphins to win a handful of games, always be too low to draft any elite QB prospect, and stay in mediocrity. Is winning 5-7 games more important than securing the next 15 years with a franchise QB?

26. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Great merciful crap man...You'd rather your team be a cellar dweller and draft what may or may not be a great QB because you think these guys can't be had later in the draft? Let's take a look at the current NFL QB landscape....

Tom Brady - 6th round pick 199
    Ben Roethlisberger - 1st round pick 11
    Drew Brees - 2nd round pick 32
    Aaron Rodgers - 1st round pick 24
    Joe Flacco - 1st round pick 18
    Josh Freeman - 1st round pick 17
    Matt Schaub - 3rd round pick 90
    Tony Romo - undrafted
    Kevin Kolb - round 2 pick 36

hell even our own Danny Boy wasn't picked until #27

All of these guys are on teams that feel they are the franchise QB they are looking for (I'm not so sure about Kolb..yikes) and all were had out of the top 10. Sucking for the sake of sucking is ridiculous.

PhinishLine and Stitches like this.
  27. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    He's the clown who wouldn't shut up about how wonderful Jimmy Claussen is and why he should have been the first pick in the draft. I can't think of a worse talent evaluator out there.

djphinfan likes this.
  28. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I have been pegged as Mr Gloom & Doom around here, and even I think this guys analysis is stupid. No way Miami wins just 2. As I have said before 5-11 to 7-9 most likely, and with luck they can be 8-8. But we are not going to be worse than Cincinnati, Seattle or Washington. But I do think we slide to 4th in the division. Buffalo manages to win 1 more game than us. AFWIW, I do think the Jets slip but only to 9-7 and missing the playoffs.

DePhinistr8 likes this.
  29. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I know I've given you a hard time before, but I think this is a pretty reasonable assessment. I honestly have no idea what to expect from our boys this year, I really don't. A good bounce here and there and maybe we surprise some folks, or if those bounces go the other way maybe we're looking at a new regime starting next year.

DolfanJake likes this.
  30. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    IMO we will not be bad enough to be in the Suck for Luck club.However I dont foresee this team making the playoffs either.

The real question is whether we will suck enough to get this regime fired ?

31. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Thanks for the support. I think many of the guys have vilified me because they are afraid I might be right, and looking at that 1st game last week, our 1's vs Atlanta's 1's gives me no cause to back off my gloomy feel for this season. The new offense may eventually look better, but no way it will be good enough to win that 1st game against NE, and maybe not against Houston. If they start 0-2 I am afraid we could be bad until at least mid-season, and by that time the coaching staff may be so desparate they haven't waited to let the new offense gel. Which could lead to a real disaster, but I still see more than 2 wins no matter what.

32. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    That is the burning question for me too CT. Will 6-10 keep them here ? or will 8-8 and some heavy lobbying after the season, just like this past season keep them here ? Ross listened to them last year and supposedly bought in. But I can't remember the time line.....did the powwow with Ross listening to their "new ideas" happen before or after he flirted with Harbaugh ? If it was before, I still think even Ross is not totally bought into their "vision" if he did do that after listening to them, but he was kind of boxed in to keeping them, especially after the Harbaugh flirtation.

33. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I've been as critical of this team and certain players and coaches as anyone, but this guy is a real Debbie Downer. Man, he must be really depressing to be around...Even the Panthers fans and media think better of their teams at this point ??

I have two words for this writer:

Internet Hack...

34. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    i feel like with this defense alone, there is no way we win only 2 games... i mean its HARD to lose 14 games, cmon now...

last year our offense was the result of us losing 9 games...
    21st in YPG
    30th in PPG
    and according to MonstBlitz stat monkey thread an important aspect to a team winning...
    27th in Yards Per Play

if that improved just a little bit we should, theoretically, be a better team... and i think just the change in philosophy will help those numbers improve...

35. PhinsPhan23

PhinsPhan23 New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    That's really my point as well. If you give the DLine 5 stars, Secondary 4 stars and the Linebackers 4 stars, how could you project only 2 wins? I don't care how bad your offense is, that's 5 wins alone. It's truly amazing how much the media has stuck their heads up the QB's a$$ in the NFL. I think we all know how important they are, but this is a team sport.

36. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

All I can say is this....

Not one player on that Dolphin team believes they have no shot at winning a championship. As long as they believe...so do I.

DePhinistr8 likes this.
  37. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    There's a lot that can be picked apart in that article, but he totally lost credibility with me when he referred to the Chiefs as being one of the "cupcakes" on our schedule. They may not be a great team, but they did win their division with a 10-6 record, which I think hardly makes them a "cupcake", especially having to play them on the road.

38. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    The Defense which gave up 5 YPC to Falcons Running Backs?

And yet: the Defense that has outperformed our Offense overall, consistently all preseason, according to every camp report.

You can view that in two ways: one, that the Atlanta game was an anomaly and the D is better then that, judging by their performance in camp; or two, that the D isn't as good as advertised, and they only looked good against our Offense...which, then, bodes ill for both units when the real lights come on.

The fact is, we can believe one way or the other but we won't actually know until the real games start. But we'd better hope for the former, because the latter will make for a long, hard season all around.

39. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    If we got the #1 overall pick we would probably use it to draft a tackle.

40. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    You sure there's not another dominating 3-4 DE out there next year?