1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja Blade

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by DaFish, Feb 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I should get a chance to play Ninja Blade tonight. I have been looking forward to this for quite sometime.

I can give you guys my review and opinions if you are interested.

2. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I have played the game now for about 45 minutes and I am on the second boss battle. As a matter of fact, I have been engaged in boss battles about 30 of those 45 minutes. I love epic boss battles and this one looks like it's going to please.

The whole game has a very God of War feel to it which is definitely not a bad thing. I think any 360 owners out there that want that GOW fix may find it with this game.

Going to play some more! Later

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Would be interested in how it compares to the Ninja Gaiden series.

4. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I was wondering that as well but it's a different game. It was clearly modeled after GOW and not NG. I'm not tossing the controller around like with NG either. Those games are tough as hell.

5. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    On boss number 4. This game is one big boss battle after another thus far.

6. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    i downloaded this overnight last night because of you guys. hope it's fun

7. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    It's fun Mor. I see flaws but that is the case with lots of games. It's good but not great. The controls feel a little slippery if that makes any sense. Also the time in between boss battles isn't that great because the enemies are a little bland. I like mixing it up a little.

Another flaw is that you can't save between mission. It doesn't sound that bad until you realize the missions are an hour long(so far). I guess the fact that dying is not a big deal because it doesn't set you back that far. That brings me to the cut scenes which are interactive. You have to press the button or press the direction that pops up on the screen during these scenes. However, there is no penalty for making mistakes. It just rewinds back to where you screwed up and you get to do it again. It is just trial and error.

Would like to see what you have to add Mor.

8. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I was just thinking...."I played a game before Mor???".

Ya losing it Mor. :lol:

9. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    put in a good 45 or so minutes with this last night. I dig it. Seems simple, but they always do in the beginning. Surprisingly good looking and plays very well... Especially considering their claim to fame is the arguably awful Tenchu series.

I think I'll enjoy it though.

Note: Ninja Blade is the most generic wanna-be cool title ever.