1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nickoe Whitley, FS, Mississippi State

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by KB21, Dec 4, 2013.

1. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    I wanted to give you guys some back story on Nickoe's final year at Mississippi State.

He tore his Achilles Tendon during his sophomore season. He came back and had a pretty strong junior year, but you could tell that he was still recovering from that injury. Nickoe had big expectations going into his senior season. I was told that he was considered to be a potential 2nd-3rd round pick in the 2014 draft going into his senior year.

Three games into his senior year, he tore his ACL. The team doctors went to Dan Mullen at that time and told him. Dan went to Nickoe and told him to go ahead and have the surgery, get ready for the combine, that he had an NFL future ahead of him.

Nickoe didn't have the surgery. Instead, he told the coach that he was going to finish what he started. He finished the season playing with a torn ACL. In MSU's last two games, he forced fumbles on the goal line that won both games. Overall, in his career, he had 15 career interceptions, forced several fumbles, and also had several penalties because of his aggressive play. His interception total for his career is higher than any active player in college football. His 5 interceptions this season is 13th in the country.

He had surgery to repair his ACL this past Monday and is out for MSU's bowl game. I don't know if he will be ready for the combine or not.

The injury could make him a potential steal in this draft.

Zanno and ssmiami like this.