1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice Ryan Tannehill asessment

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 2socks, Dec 20, 2013.

1. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    the 23rd likes this.
  2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    anything is possible

3. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Heading out to New Mexico and Utah for Christmas to take in some skiing and fun with the kids over the Christmas break. Stopped outside Dallas for gas and was greeted with this when I went in for snacks. Cashier acted as though I was crazy for snapping pics of the magazine cover. lol...

Love FINALLY having a QB that gives us a real chance at the playoffs and who is representing us so well after a decade and a half of failure.

[​IMG]

4. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The praise is coming in and it seems always correlated with standing in the pocket..looks like Sherman and Philbins way of developing this Qb has paid off..amazing I have to say.

Alex13 likes this.
  6. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    baldinger is right...51 sacks...think of this 51 freaking sacks, thats without the hits he is taking, if he gets the throw away, he is a tough SOB, he wasn't really banged up all year at least to the public eye, i'm so excited with this guy, the bad news is, this season is almost over

cuchulainn and MikeHoncho like this.
  7. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    pretty unlikely. If we go 10-6 and get the wildcard, that's matches probably the most optimistic predictions by any of us in the preseason. I predicted 9-7 and finishing 7th, so hopefully I'm wrong.

8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I also predicted 9-7 or even 8-8 coming into this season, if we end up 10-6 especially after what the locker room has gone through, color me darn impressed!

And for Tannehill to play like he has without protection or a running game, in his 2nd season, just awesome to my eyes. Looking forward to what this kid can do when we put an OL in front of him and give him a running game, excited to see if we do that.

9. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Well, in a way, his ability to shake of hits makes sense. He spent a lot of time as a wide receiver - and they have been known to get hit quite frequently, and most probably quite hard. So, his toughness in the pocket is so noted. BUT - that cannot be a continual prerequisite for him playing quarterback in Miami!

What I have noted most is his mental toughness - his unflappability in the pocket in the face of a rush is part of this - but his ability to shake off a bad play, or not be so excited that something FINALLY went right that he loses focus on the next play. He always seems to have that same look in his eye no matter what happened last play - unless he has to chew into someone for making a dumb mistake. This even tempered calmness despite the game situation gives him an ability to command the huddle and keep focus on what needs to happen next, and next, and so on and so forth.

I think he will be come the next notable quarterback for the Miami Dolphins - notable in a good way. If his growth continues, I see him sort of an amalgamation of Griese and Marino - very good arm, even better mentality. Hopefully, that will end up with a number of visits to the playoffs, and more than one visit to the Super Bowl!