1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL: Ilya Kovalchuk Free Agent Again as Arbitrator Rules Deal with Devils Null & Void

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by brandon27, Aug 9, 2010.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/news/story?id=5450174

2. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Crap ruling that the NHLPA will use to galvanize them in the next CBA negotiations. The owners are making up new rules to circumvent the CBA that THEY wanted and THEY killed a year of hockey for. I pray Don Fehr is their new head and he brings Bettman to his knees.

3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Its a great ruling for a BS contract.

4. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    It's good for owners and Bettman to change the CBA when they want to? It's their damn CBA! If this contract is not legit then there are about a dozen others that are the same. Typical NHL, Mickey ****ing Mouse.

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I agree with the ruling, a 17 year deal is just ridiculous, and the way the salary was structured, especially in the last few years of the deal was just blatantly obvious that they were trying to get around the cap. I have no problem with the ruling really. It does bring into question the other contracts, like Hossa, Zetterberg ect... but they were never challenged as they weren't as blatantly obvious. Rogers Sportsnet here though, was saying there is possibly a chance that they may go back and look at some of these other contracts and reconsider them as well.

6. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

:lol:

**** the devils