1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFP Draft Stock Watch: Sliders

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/nfp-draft-stock-watch-sliders/

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That Jairus Byrd one was odd IMO. He ran a poor forty and he may be limited to zone coverage but I don't expect that to affect his draft stock much. I could see him going as early as 36 to Cleveland, a team that adores versatility in the defensive backfield. Jairus Byrd could play free safety and cornerback for them, something they're looking for. Seattle at 37 is an option as well. If they pass on Louis Delmas, which they may, I could see them targeting Jairus Byrd. They've got Babineux (sp?) playing CB and FS for them and with Brian Russell struggling at FS, they could move Babs there and then take Jairus Byrd and play him at CB, or the other way around. They'll be using more zone coverage this year with the hiring of Bradley, Tampa's LB coach. Miami could be an option at 44. Denver at 48. Cleveland again at 50 if they pass on him and he's available there. Tampa may be looking for a CB/FS and could move up to take him. Many scenarios that I think will prevent him from falling out of round two.

3. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    I'm betting heavy Byrd goes no sooner than late Rd 2 or Early round 3. I think we can get him in Round 3.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'd be surprised if he lats to round three. He's a very good player.

5. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I still hope we land Jairus Byrd with our second 2nd round pick. I know he has questionable deep speed, but the guy is just a playmaker. I also wonder if Nate Davis is there in the 6th/7th if we shouldn't pull the trigger on him depending on what we do with Beck.

6. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i don't think we'd take Byrd in rd 3 ... only because - we won't let CB go empty beyond rd 2. but i like Byrd very much in rd 2.