NFL Ticket
29 replies
Hey, just woundering if anyone has called DTV yet to talk them down in price? It is that time again.
thanks to gish
Quite a few of us have. There was a thread in the mains awhile back about it and recently the thread in Club Level titled Preseason TV Schedule/ NFLN. Call DTV and mention cancel or the retention department. It helps to mention that new subscribers are getting it for free and longtime members get nothing.
Thanks for the heads up. I tried looking to see if the thread had been started, but I missed it.
thanks to gish
"byroan wrote:
Quite a few of us have. There was a thread in the mains awhile back about it and recently the thread in Club Level titled Preseason TV Schedule/ NFLN. Call DTV and mention cancel or the retention department. It helps to mention that new subscribers are getting it for free and longtime members get nothing.
This is what I did and ended up getting an extra $60 off my early renewal (total) price plus the NFL Sunday Ticket To Go for free (normally $50). Had to get transferred to the sunday ticket "specialist" first though. Just kept telling them I was ready to cancel it if my early renewal price was all they would do for me while they are giving it away for free to new customers. I probably couldve gotten more if I had pushed more, but I already think ~$20 per game is a good deal for out of towners with HD.
I heard Directv was giving it for free to all subscribers...not true?
You can also get Sunday Ticket on your ps3 this year...$50 for current Directv customers, and $350 for non-customers...
I had just negotiated $30 off my monthly bill, so they were hesitant to give me additional breaks, but I found a nice talking point:
Canceling your subscription costs $20 a month (or $240 a year).
The Sunday Ticket costs $325.
So it is actually cheaper to cancel your subscription and have your wife sign back up to get the Ticket for free. When I did the math for them they suddenly were able to find a bunch of discounts and knocked the price of my Sunday Ticket down to a total of $200.
It's not perfect and I know others have done better, but since they had just knocked my monthly price down $30 ($360 annual) and dropped another $20 off for the Ticket, I thought the nearly $500 was good enough!
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1188517p1.html
NFL Sunday ticket is coming to PS3
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
I got them to drop it to 20/month. im excited.
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

The ticket is free if you have a premium package on your subscription.
I got them to throw in Togo by upgrading to the top tier package.
---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Sethdaddy8 wrote:
The ticket is free if you have a premium package on your subscription.
---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Que? I have the premier package and they are charging me.
RE-up your contract. they are giving it away to people who move and re-up, tell them you will go in another two years, same as what they do when you move.
"PhiNomina wrote:
I had just negotiated $30 off my monthly bill, so they were hesitant to give me additional breaks, but I found a nice talking point:
Canceling your subscription costs $20 a month (or $240 a year).
The Sunday Ticket costs $325.
So it is actually cheaper to cancel your subscription and have your wife sign back up to get the Ticket for free. When I did the math for them they suddenly were able to find a bunch of discounts and knocked the price of my Sunday Ticket down to a total of $200.
It's not perfect and I know others have done better, but since they had just knocked my monthly price down $30 ($360 annual) and dropped another $20 off for the Ticket, I thought the nearly $500 was good enough!
I threatened to cancel and got it knocked down 200/month. no additional negotiating required. little weird how they made you work harder
testing
"Ohio Fanatic wrote:
I threatened to cancel and got it knocked down 200/month. no additional negotiating required. little weird how they made you work harder
I made the mistake of re-negotiating in June before they were able to offer anything off the Ticket due to the lockout. So when they pulled up my account they saw I had already pulled this stunt once and wasn't serious about canceling. That's why I had to find some addition tricks.
"resnor wrote:
I heard Directv was giving it for free to all subscribers...not true?
You can also get Sunday Ticket on your ps3 this year...$50 for current Directv customers, and $350 for non-customers...
wrong on all accounts. Only new DTV subscribers can get sunday ticket for free. Although, depending on your account you could qualify for free. If you buy lots of PPV shows, I've heard you can get it for free.
The PS3 is an additional $50 (?) if you already are a Sunday Ticket subsriber. $339 if not.
EDIT: Apparently that is incorrect, If you are a DTV subsciber, the PS3 service is an additional $50. So I could have saved some money here... hmmm...
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
this is cool:
Also this season, fans can tune to a new Mix Channel format for late afternoon games. DIRECTV will continue to display its innovative eight-channel Mix when there is a full schedule of Sunday games, but when there are four or fewer games in the afternoon TV window, DIRECTV will display a new four-channel mix featuring larger video cells for enhanced viewing. For more information on NFL SUNDAY TICKET visit
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
"Paul 13 wrote:
wrong on all accounts. Only new DTV subscribers can get sunday ticket for free. Although, depending on your account you could qualify for free. If you buy lots of PPV shows, I've heard you can get it for free.
The PS3 is an additional $50 (?) if you already are a Sunday Ticket subsriber. $339 if not.
EDIT: Apparently that is incorrect, If you are a DTV subsciber, the PS3 service is an additional $50. So I could have saved some money here... hmmm...
If only it was so easy. You have to already have sunday ticket. Then it is $50 more to watch on your PS3
Playstation Blog wrote:
How do you get in the game? At the start of the season, viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL SUNDAY TICKET at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver for your home.
That says nothing about having to subscribe to Sunday Ticket...just that you have to be an existing Directv customer...
So if my sister has the ticket i can give her 50$ and get it for my PS3?
"Jt0323 wrote:
So if my sister has the ticket i can give her 50$ and get it for my PS3?
If she doesn't use the "to go" feature that should work. Only one person can be logged into a "to go" platform at a time, or at least that was the case last year.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
Wait, so does anyone have Sunday Ticket that wouldn't be using this that would be willing to let me use the PS3 option? It would save me $300, that would be amazing if someone would help me out! I'd cover the cost obviously, and I'd be willing to pay a little more for the opportunity.
"2k5 wrote:
Wait, so does anyone have Sunday Ticket that wouldn't be using this that would be willing to let me use the PS3 option? It would save me $300, that would be amazing if someone would help me out! I'd cover the cost obviously, and I'd be willing to pay a little more for the opportunity.
heh, I don't have or pay for the mobile / to go platform. Another $50 wasn't worth it for me. First year they threw it in for free. This year, and last too, they gave you an option if you were calling in to bicker about the price (and get a reduced rate), they were giving you cash (amount depends on some different factors, although most people get $120, plus $20 off or mobile for free.
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
"Paul 13 wrote:
heh, I don't have or pay for the mobile / to go platform. Another $50 wasn't worth it for me. First year they threw it in for free. This year, and last too, they gave you an option if you were calling in to bicker about the price (and get a reduced rate), they were giving you cash (amount depends on some different factors, although most people get $120, plus $20 off or mobile for free.
Would you be willing to get that option and let me use it?
Called last week and told them I was upset about new customers getting NFLST free and here I am an 11 year loyal customer, and have had NFLST for 7 seasons and paid full price every year (and I have). Told them I already have Comcast internet (which I do) and that it would be easy to call up and get Comcast TV). At the Retention Dept they melted immediately....gave me NFLST for free, Super Fan for free and also came and set up my DVR's all on a "Home Network" and because I own one of my boxes and am not using that one, when I get a computer with an HDMI they set the box up for me to just plug it into the computer and VOILA ! I have TV on not only my TV but PC. Great way to have two games on at the same time ! WOO HOO ! I am jacked. :up:
The home of The English Rugby Club - http://www.rfu.com/
"DolfanJake wrote:
Called last week and told them I was upset about new customers getting NFLST free and here I am an 11 year loyal customer, and have had NFLST for 7 seasons and paid full price every year (and I have). Told them I already have Comcast internet (which I do) and that it would be easy to call up and get Comcast TV). At the Retention Dept they melted immediately....gave me NFLST for free, Super Fan for free and also came and set up my DVR's all on a "Home Network" and because I own one of my boxes and am not using that one, when I get a computer with an HDMI they set the box up for me to just plug it into the computer and VOILA ! I have TV on not only my TV but PC. Great way to have two games on at the same time ! WOO HOO ! I am jacked. :up:
I wonder how many people have called them about the deal they're offering new customers on Sunday Ticket. Maybe they just figured the new customers they brought in would be worth the existing ones they'd have to comp. I haven't called them yet but I plan to soon.
"DolfanJake wrote:
Called last week and told them I was upset about new customers getting NFLST free and here I am an 11 year loyal customer, and have had NFLST for 7 seasons and paid full price every year (and I have). Told them I already have Comcast internet (which I do) and that it would be easy to call up and get Comcast TV). At the Retention Dept they melted immediately....gave me NFLST for free, Super Fan for free and also came and set up my DVR's all on a "Home Network" and because I own one of my boxes and am not using that one, when I get a computer with an HDMI they set the box up for me to just plug it into the computer and VOILA ! I have TV on not only my TV but PC. Great way to have two games on at the same time ! WOO HOO ! I am jacked. :up:
You're the first one I know to get it for free this year, congrats.
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
