NFL Ticket to be priced at $399 next year

51 replies

2socks2socksForum VeteranOP
Dec 19, 2010, 10:17 PM

after today's game and the planned increase who will be renewing next year.

I didn't this year and the rep gave me 6 months credit of $20 and a one time credit of 1 payment which I think was 65.99........making this years price reasonable.....I believe around $140.

Direct Tv is out of there mind

I will do the computer streaming before I give Direct TV anymore of my money. I got a buddy who has ATT u-verse.....140 HD channels and he can record 4 shows at one time......pretty cool deal

Winning isn't everything - it's the only thing
In Our Business there is no second place
Either your first or your last

Vince Lombardi

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Dec 19, 2010, 10:19 PM

Yeah, at that price I will be canceling my DirecTV ... the only reason I have it is for the Ticket, and considering the current product I've been debating on renewing.

I'll just go to Hulu and Netflix ... I don't watch TV otherwise.

400 bucks is insanity.

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Dec 19, 2010, 10:27 PM

I go to the bars anyway to watch the games... I like to watch it in my own home but if i cant thats a good alternative

DaFishDaFishForum Veteran
Dec 19, 2010, 10:28 PM

If anything I thought they would lower it. Oh well.

MarcoMarcoForum Veteran
Dec 19, 2010, 10:38 PM

Would they scale up that number even higher if the league goes to 18 games?

I love having the Ticket, but if Ross is going to blow up the franchise and start all over it's not worth it next year. I'll go to the radio package.

Roman529Roman529New Member
Dec 19, 2010, 11:29 PM

I hope their is no NFL next year and DirecTV can stick it up their azz.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Dec 20, 2010, 12:07 AM

$400 / 16 = $25 per game

I'll take spending 3 hours in a sports bar for each game, I can spend $8 for a burger, fries, and unlimited Pepsi while watching the game... at least I get good food out of the deal this way.

CashInFistCashInFistForum Veteran
Dec 20, 2010, 12:09 AM

Kinda stupid to pay for Sunday Ticket when you can watch the games on the internet for free...

DolfanJakeDolfanJakeNew Member
Dec 20, 2010, 12:12 AM

If they do this, I will go to Comcrap and get the Triple Play for $ 99 and get a higher speed internet. F*ck Sunday Ticket at that price.

The home of The English Rugby Club - http://www.rfu.com/

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Dec 20, 2010, 12:26 AM

"CashInFist wrote:

Kinda stupid to pay for Sunday Ticket when you can watch the games on the internet for free...


In HD and Dolby Digital Surround?

Do tell.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Dec 20, 2010, 12:32 AM

"CashInFist wrote:

Kinda stupid to pay for Sunday Ticket when you can watch the games on the internet for free...


Why do people even bother paying for HD channels then? It's not like you can even notice a difference... tsk tsk.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Dec 20, 2010, 12:33 AM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

I don't know, man, being stuck with the Seahawks as the only late game when I get home is ****ing torture. :lol: I buy the ticket for the Dolphins, but the ammentity of having every other game sure is nice. That said, $400 is freakin insane.


Lately I've been so pissed when coming home that I don't even bother watching football after the 1:00pm game...

CashInFistCashInFistForum Veteran
Dec 20, 2010, 12:49 AM

"Muck wrote:

In HD and Dolby Digital Surround?

Do tell.

I actually got 6-7 Dolphins games on cable this year already, yes HD, and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings a few times and watched the rest on the internet. I'll keep my $400 thank you. :)

TETepop84New Member
Dec 20, 2010, 12:54 AM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

$400 / 16 = $25 per game

I'll take spending 3 hours in a sports bar for each game, I can spend $8 for a burger, fries, and unlimited Pepsi while watching the game... at least I get good food out of the deal this way.

It's actually a lot more considering how many prime time and national games they get. Atleast $50 a game.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Dec 20, 2010, 12:57 AM

"CashInFist wrote:

I actually got 6-7 Dolphins games on cable this year already, yes HD, and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings a few times and watched the rest on the internet. I'll keep my $400 thank you. :)

But that's not what I was asking. ;)

I was asking whether you get the games in HD and Surround on the internet?

I'm one that super cares about picture and sound quality. So I'm not gonna bother unless it's as good as my big plasma. My HR24 is mighty convenient. And there's no risk of it being shutdown (which happens) because it's, well.....not legal. :tongue:

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

CashInFistCashInFistForum Veteran
Dec 20, 2010, 01:37 AM

"Muck wrote:

But that's not what I was asking. ;)

I was asking whether you get the games in HD and Surround on the internet?

I'm one that super cares about picture and sound quality. So I'm not gonna bother unless it's as good as my big plasma. My HR24 is mighty convenient. And there's no risk of it being shutdown (which happens) because it's, well.....not legal. :tongue:

I'm not sure I want to see Chad Henne suck in HD and surround anymore. :lol:

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Dec 20, 2010, 02:21 AM

"Tepop84 wrote:

It's actually a lot more considering how many prime time and national games they get. Atleast $50 a game.


$50 a game? How many national games do you think we get? We got two in my book... three if you want to count the NFLN game.

RunRickyRunRunRickyRunNew Member
Dec 20, 2010, 02:30 AM

Whats HR24?

Ted Ginn makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcom X.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Dec 20, 2010, 08:02 AM

"RunRickyRun wrote:

Whats HR24?

A model DirecTV receiver that's actually worth a damn. :lol:

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Dec 20, 2010, 08:31 AM

Couple things to consider. The price of Sunday Ticket is negotiable. Those of you paying full price aren't doing your homework. If you call, complain, threaten to cancel, you can always get it cheaper. I paid $180 this year, and got the internet access for free thrown in. I've heard of others getting it for free! You just have to work the system a little.

That said, if they told me $400 was the price, no haggling allowed, I'd tell them to stuff it and take my money to the local pub for the games.

THtheWeaselNew Member
Dec 20, 2010, 08:35 AM

I will not renew at this price! - I'll listen to the game on Sirius radio.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Dec 20, 2010, 10:39 AM

Wow, thats ridiculous. I love being able to watch every game, but for that price, they can shove it probably.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

MerauderMerauderNew Member
Dec 20, 2010, 11:18 AM

Don't count on watching football next year. If they pass the 18 game schedule, I might boycott watching the game entirely.

MIm inoNew Member
Dec 20, 2010, 11:22 AM

if you told me i could watch the game for free but i had to waer a tin foil hat and stand on my roof with a pair of rabbit ears or i could watch it in hd for even at 200 dollars i would be on my roof in a heartbeat.the streams while not hd picture perfect are good enough for me.i can still see the plays for the most part and hear the announcers.

so did you not watch football till this whole hd thing came out?

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Dec 20, 2010, 11:23 AM

"Merauder wrote:

Don't count on watching football next year. If they pass the 18 game schedule, I might boycott watching the game entirely.


Both sides have too much to lose. I highly doubt there is no NFL next year.