1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL talks hits, potential rules changes

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Topdawg13, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    -Link-

If they keep trying to remove violent hits from the game, pretty soon the LFL will be a more violent, and interesting league to watch than the NFL. :pointlol:

2. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    What a ****ing joke! Can't hit a QB in the act of throwing? Or a WR in the ace of catching? Neutering ST? God help football....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topdawg13 likes this.
  3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Chill dude. It doesnt say a QB cannot be hit - it is defining a defenseless player, against which hits to the head/neck are now forbidden and suspendable.

I don't understand how anyone can be against limiting vicious head hits.

4. I'm all for the safety of the players. They do not earn enough money to justify taking those kinds of hits out there. I think they should switch the game to two-hand touch and pass rushers should have to count at least 10 elephants before rushing. It should be illegal for offenses to run the ball too, its too damn dangerous. They should also outlaw cleats and make everyone wear slippers in case they step on another. Maybe go from a pigskin to a Nerf football as well.

Anybody else got any ideas on how we can make the game safer for these millionaire's to play it?

Tone_E and Topdawg13 like this.
  5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I was half-expecting:

• A defender may only touch a WR if he has the ball in his possession (two hands secured) in bounds.
    • Any defender attempting to tackle a player with possession who is already in the process of being tackled by another (1) defender will be ejected from the game.
    • The receptor of a lateral pass may not be tackled by any defender and must be allowed to run free to either take a knee or score.
    • 3 Extra downs on offense.
    • Everyone on the offense is an eligible receiver.
    • Any defender in the process of sacking a QB must make sure the QB lands comfortably, or else he will be ejected from the game.
    • Any player with possession attempting to dive forward should not be obstructed and let to dive wherever he may land; he is down by contact when he does.

Topdawg13 likes this.
  6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    <_< I see what you did there.