1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Training Camp edition

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by alen1, Jul 22, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2008&week=0

baboo72 and Crunkcore like this.
  2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Coming in with the worst record from last year, and losing some impact players like Zach, Taylor and Chambers, I cant disagree with that ranking really. I think we were better than our record, and I think we got some good people and good depth in the offseason, but it still needs to come together. Once we play a few games I think it will pick up a little, but I still dont see us better than 6-10. What I want are solid games with few mistakes, and improvement over the course of the season.

*EDIT* Umm, at what point can we say the Bills are not a "surprise playoff contender?" I mean, everyone and their mom have been saying this for like three years now, I expect them to go 7-9 maybe. And I still cant help but wonder why the Jags didnt go after JT.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  3. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I'm just glad we went 1-15 and we're always ranked above ATL. Lol.

4. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

30 — Miami: The Dolphins aren't doing anything this year, but they won't go 1-15 either. Miami will be a fun team to watch, both young and hard-working, under the watchful eye of first year coach Tony Sparano. Though it's tough to see Jason Taylor leave, he and Bill Parcells were never going to work and the trade to Washington netted a few solid future draft picks. One intriguing player to watch? Our old friend Ricky Williams. What's he have left? And is he going to make it through the year? Camp: Davie, Fla.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8366366/Super-Bowl-foes-top-offseason-Power-Rankings

TiP54 and alen1 like this.
  5. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

respect will come, just give us some time. what more can you expect from a 1-15 team with all the changes were going through.

Bpk likes this.
  6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

1) I think Jacksonville could have made a Superbowl push with Taylor's help. Now they will fall short, imo.

2) Losing Zach and Jason should not be underestimated... we are talking about two players who will merit hall of Fame discussion at the ed of their careers. You subtract two players of that caliber, your defense has certainly not improved. That said, our lame play at NT last year made it a moot point, so if Ferguson can play well this year, and we actually have a real head coach, the defensive stats will be better than last year. That still won;t mean this is a better defense without those guys.

3) When you lose a lot you get no Monday or sunday night games. You play in the early slot every week. Sometimes, you aren;t even worth an HD broadcast. It's been truly humiliating to see how scorned we are by broadcasters. I look forward to the day when we are a desirable broadcast game again. Then I can look forward to having a beer on a Monday night and watching my Dolphins play on a national stage in meaningful games once again. That will probably be in 2010. This season's games are set. This year we will be mediocre, which is not enough to change the existing perception that we are bad, so we will AGAIN be bypassed for choice television-broadcast games in 2009. Once we have a good 2009 (above .500) we will begin to see the Dolphins get more national broadcasts again in 2010.

It'll help speed things up if Ted Ginn can make lots of highlight reel plays.

Bpk

7. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Essentially the same thing said about us every season since Marino left. Sounds like a broken record right about now.

8. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Can someone find a time machine that can transport us to September 1, 2009 so we can totally bypass this already lost season?

9. femalefinfan

femalefinfan Phillies fan Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    So I guess the fun of sitting on the couch in from of the flat screen, yelling at the tv, drinking beers and eating wings is lost on you? I look foward to this season if for only that reason. I'll keep the "ceremony" of the game. Last year it was more fun then the games themselves.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
    ATLFINFAN likes this.
  10. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    No thank you.
    I'm looking forward to see what the new coaching staff can do with these players, which players will break out (or not), and any upsets we can pull off along the way.

11. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    If I came across a time machine, the LAST thing I'd do is fast forward.
    Life does that just fine on it's own.

Lets go back to 85' ad force a GM onto Shula to handle drafts.

At the least go back to 99' and save us from the effects of Dave Wannstedt.

12. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    :lol:

13. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    how do you think we got Marino? :yes:

14. Mr772

Mr772 New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Amen to that, the agony of Dave's drafts were as bad as it gets, if his crew were still around we probably would have traded the 1st overall pick this year for Kyle Orton.

15. femalefinfan

femalefinfan Phillies fan Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    Just realized my type o.

What ever it takes to motivate Sporano I guess...

16. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Jacksonville should be ahead of SD and DAL.

With the addition of Greg Williams as DC, they are going to be much better than last year.

17. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Anyone thinking PIT is going to be a top-10 team this year is in for a surprise.