1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Playbook: Phins vs Jets breakdown

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mbmonk, Nov 5, 2009.

1. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    linky: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d813f3606/WK-8-Playbook-Dolphins-vs-Jets-recap

They touch on the Dolphins game winning stop on 4th and Goal. The unemployed coach gloats over how the Jets 'stopped' the WC, and they break that down.

The Jet's put "9 in the box" ( basically sending the corners ) and keeping the safeties back.. We still have the number's though right? Don't we have ten guys at the LOS blocking 9 in the box? As I watched it I saw our blocking getting exposed not the scheme.

EDIT: I love that turd of an ex coach. He had his notecard ready "7 WC plays for 6 yards". That sounds damning in terms of the WC. That is unless you actually watched the game and got some perspective on it. We have 104 yards total on 51 plays, so lets look at how the rest shaped up. 104 yards - 6 yards (WC yardage) = 98 non WC yards. 51 plays - 7 (WC plays) = 44 non WC plays. So on NON WC plays we averaged 2.2 yards. They shut our entire offense down. The WC isn't magic. You don't block on a WC play you don't get yards.. you don't block on a regular play you don't get yards.

It not as if we were gaining huge chucks of yards in our regular offense and then when we ran the WC the Jets shut it down.

The Aqua Crush and rafael like this.
  2. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    The numbers should be even, meaning that the defense has a +1 or that our runner is left one on one if every block is executed.

3. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    The Jets did squeeze their safeties down closer to the LOS. Makes sense. Ronnie isn't going to throw a 40+ bomb so covering 10 - 15 yards deep should handle most WC plays.

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Billick is a tool.