1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Owner's Meeting Cancelled Tomorrow (due to Coronavirus)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KeyFin, Mar 13, 2020.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Not going to link to the story since the title says it all, but if the owners are afraid to get together due to Coronavirus today, then it makes me wonder what's going to happen for the draft in a month and OTA's shortly after that. So far, there's not going to be March Madness this year, plus the NBA, NHL and MLB have all postponed indefinitely.

Folks, I think there's a decent chance we might not have a full NFL season....the viewpoints have gone from a nothing event to full panic mode in 48 hours time.

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    That depends on where you live. We have been way beyond nothing up here in Seattle.

3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    LOL, go to Walmart or CVS and try to buy some toilet paper and hand sanitizer. In South Carolina we have 10 total potential Coronavirus cases state-wide, yet you won't find digital thermometers, Lysol, antibacterial wipes or anything like that in stores. The crazed panic is a lot worse than the actual reality of the virus.

resnor likes this.
  4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I haven't been able to buy hand sanitizer for two weeks.

I was shocked today because I found 1 packet of antibacterial wipes and there were a whole 3 4-packs of toilet paper at the QFC.

Reading about what the hospital I am working at, not being able to buy hand sanitizer is a lot better than what the people there are going through.

5. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    The XFL cancelled the rest of their season. Oregon State government asking any gatherings of 250+ people to be cancelled. Like 249 would be safe? :confused1:

It's going to be a crazy year. They can always handle an owners meeting, free agency, and the draft online and with cellphones. Although players will need to get physicals at some point too. Plus the owners might not want to risk talking online if they need to conspire against certain players or teams.

KeyFin likes this.