1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Head Coach 09

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by mor911, Aug 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    So, I finally found NFL head coach. It's not on the Madden disc, I had to aquire a whole new disc.

I like it much better than the original Head Coach game. It's a lot easier to control and much easier to make game time decisions. The game isn't pretty, but it's great for a coaching sim. I'm (obviously) the new coach for the Dolphins.

Here are some of the moves I've made so far... Please understand that I have a major hard-on for The U (University of Miami for you morons who don't know real football):

- Traded a 6th in 09 for Ken Dorsey (rated higher than Beck and McCown)
    - Traded (i forget what nothingness) for Sinorice Moss
    - Traded a 6th for Eric Moulds (he's working out well at #3, leave me alone)
    - Picked up a few veteran linebacker (nobody special)

I lost my first preseason game VS Tampa 31-21. One of their TDs was the opening kick off (crud). Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are absolute beasts. I trust Ronnie up the middle on 3rd and 5. Games take FOREVER, but again, it's a coaching sim.

I like it (I've only played 2 games due to time). Might play this over Madden.

Questions?

2. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Questions!

Is this available for console only or PC as well?
    Is this a stand-alone game or as a bonus and/or add on to Madden?
    Is the offseason a little less clunky to operate?

I loved the original (but its many warts made it difficult to sit through more than 2 or 3 seasons) and have high hopes the follow up will be much improved.

3. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    PS3 and 360 only (from what I can tell)

It comes with the collector's edition of Madden 09 (disc 2), but will be a stand alone game for $49 later in the month.

Haven't made it to off season yet, but so far it's a LOT less clunky to operate. and the real-time decisions seem more effective.

opfinistic likes this.
  4. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I'm pretty sure Head Coach 09 is part of the Madden XX Anniversary package I believe.

Also mor how much is the Anniversary edition versus the standard? I know you didn't pay however. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    $49.99 vs $59.99 :shifty:

6. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I think (emphasis on THINK) it's in the Collector's Edition ($89) not the Anniversary Edition.

7. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    PS3 and 360 only (from what I can tell):tantrum:

It comes with the collector's edition of Madden 09 (disc 2), but will be a stand alone game for $49 later in the month.:up:

Haven't made it to off season yet, but so far it's a LOT less clunky to operate. and the real-time decisions seem more effective.:knucks:

8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    cool! sounds like fun! I got the CE coming to me tomorrow. I decided up "upgrade" to it because last year i found myself simming through seasons, just to get to the draft and stuff. Maybe thats just because it was in March/April around draft time, I dont know. Id like to check it out i guess.

9. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    they're just plain stopping making games for the PC aren't they?

10. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Madden and other EA Sports games will be coming back to the PC next year.

pocoloco likes this.
  11. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Honestly, unless you're WoW (and very few others) there just isn't enough money to be made in the PC market. It doesn't make up for today's development costs. Companies that make PC exclusive games are having a harder and harder time breaking even, much less turning profit.

12. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    I can't really complain too much, EA games for the PC have always been among the easiest to pirate....

I might go honest and get an XBox once that price drops. I only care about the sports games