1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL | Favre considering a return?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, Apr 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    NFL | Favre considering a return?
    Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:42:17 -0700

Sam Farmer, of the Los Angeles Times, reports retired QB Brett Favre (Packers) may be considering a comeback with another team. According to NFL sources, Favre's agent has quietly inquired with teams about their interest in trading for Favre. Favre has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the NFL or the player's union, although it is not required. James "Bus" Cook, Favre's agent, said that he was not aware of Favre's interest to play again. "That's news to me," Cook said. "I don't think that has anything to do with anything. He's retired, period, point blank." The Green Bay Packers still own the rights to Favre and could trade him to another team. The league sources said Favre's decision to retire related to the team's decision to not go after New England Patriots WR Randy Moss. Tim Dipiero, the agent who handles Moss' contracts, denied that the signing of Moss had anything to do with Favre's decision to retire.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

NOT AGAIN :no:

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Oh god just sign the papers!

Motion likes this.
  3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    3.....2.......1...... waiting for the first Farve to Miami rumor.

4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Favre's agent shoots down report of comeback

Brett Favre's agent has shot down a published report that the Green Bay Packers quarterback, who announced his retirement last month, could be weighing a comeback with another team.

The Los Angeles Times, citing unnamed NFL sources, reported that Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, had quietly inquired with teams about their interest in trading for the 38-year-old veteran.

But Cook, asked about the report, told ESPN, "That is absolutely false. Absolutely false, and you can quote me on that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3327555&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

5. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Chris Mortenson is talking about this on Sportscenter. Interesting. I don't think Brett wanted to retire.

6. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Brett Favre told SI's Peter King that he is not considering coming out of retirement.

"That's the last thing I'm thinking about," Favre said. "I have no idea where that came from, but it certainly didn't come from me. I'm happy about my decision and I haven't once said, 'I wonder if I made the wrong decision.' I know it's the right one." Favre added that he thinks he has a hernia, suffered late in the season, and he was going to look into surgery.
    Source: SI.com
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

7. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    The NFL Network and Profootballtalk.com have confirmed that it was Brett Favre's agent, Bus Cook, who spread rumors about his client possibly coming out of retirement.
    Cook initially denied an L.A. Times report that he approached teams about trading for Favre. The writer of the report, Sam Farmer, said Cook was the "source" he cited. Cook would stand to make money if Favre continued to play. Cook also said at the time of Favre's retirement that the Packers did little to try to convince him to play. Favre denied all that in his final presser.
    Source: Profootballtalk.com
    http://rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    You would think that after he retires, you wouldn't have to hear about him anymore.

9. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    UPDATE...
    Brett Favre told Biloxi Sun Herald writer and close friend Al Jones that he would consider returning to the Packers if they needed him due to injury.

"If that opportunity presented itself and they did call, it would be tempting. And I very well could be enticed to do it... I'm sure mentally, I would be refreshed. I'd be away from it for a long time. But mentally vs. physically, the last thing I'd want to do is go up and it's 'Oh this is great and all that stuff and me be excited and then just flop," Favre said.
    Source: Biloxi Sun Herald
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx