1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL draftsite 7rd mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by padre31, Jan 8, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/2010mock.htm

Dolphins:

#12 CJ Spiller
    #43 Brandon Spikes
    #74 Eric Norwood
    #108 Vince Ogohbaase
    #170 Nathan Overbay
    #197 Barry Church
    #204 Tony Washington

Hmm...not sure I like this version, their earlier one had us taking Carlos Dunlap at #12.

And BTW, Demaryous Thomas has a press conference later today.

Zanno likes this.
  2. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area

hope BeBe comes out...:up:

3. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    I would quite literally die a happy man. Spiller, Spikes, Norwood, big Vince and Barry Church? Wowzers!

4. Lane1974

Lane1974 New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    did anyone post about the new Walter football 3 rd mock? http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

for the Fins, they have

rd 1. Dan Williams (NT, Tenn) with McClain going 1 pick ahead of us
    2. Arrelious Benn (WR, Illinois)
    3. Aaron Hernandez (TE, Florida)

skippysphins and padre31 like this.
  5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Other than Spiller, I could see most of that happening Boom, Seattle has 2 picks in the top 15, they may pass on LT at #5 and take CJ.

Which magnifies how badly Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller whiffed in 07, we were #9 in the rotation and we only have 3 players left from that draft class.

6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    If they take Spiller I will puke all over myself man......this was the samething last year, when some of the mocks had them taking Percy Harvin......Spiller is this years Harvin for Miami.....

skippysphins likes this.
  7. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    The same Harvin that was OROY this season?

8. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    No McClain in the mock?!?

If the draft fell like that, we'd have to go McClain or Bryant. If we swap out Bryant for Spiller... that draft is sick...

9. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    oh the same Harvin who got barely 700 yards on 53 receptions with Favre throwing to him (I could care less that he had 6 TD's, thats all Favre).....Harvin was the 3rd option in that offense, possibly the 4th when u consider the TE) he would have been the 1st option in Miami, and he wouldn't have even got that much. He is there because A) of his KO yards (which you cant complain with he did well), and B) honestly it was a weak year offensive wise for rookies, dude Oher came in second place......Cushing now that's a guy I would have liked....

10. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I would be willing to bet ALOT the Miami will not go a skilled in the 1st round, save this, may I eat crow if they do...By skill I mean RB/WR only.....I could see them taking Thomas, who is considered skill....

11. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Dude, that's a pretty naïve way of looking at Harvin.

12. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    For a rookie WR? Thats pretty impressive bro...

I'm not a fan of drafting Spiller either, but Harvin is everything we were hoping Ginn would be...

13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Good morning Boomer!! I packed in about 3 hours sleep last night too....hey maybe its me, I'm in this "I dont believe in any WR coming out of the draft that Miami takes is going to help us..." rut....

gunn34 likes this.
  14. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    Why do you think its such a lock that we wont take a WR in the first? Especially if Bryant is on the board?

Parcells history? We've discussed it on here before in another forum, but Parcells history got thrown out of the window last hear with CBs high and Pat White. Maybe Ireland is running the show?

And in that case, I dont think WR is off the board at all...

But I do hope RB is...

15. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I just don't think he does that in Miami this year, if they had him....it is irrelevant anyways....VD will be a fine CB....

16. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    Oh, I love me some VD...

And he definitely wouldnt have put up those numbers in Miami w/ no other receiving threats to worry about, and with a first year starter at QB...

But that wouldnt change his talent level. He may not have won OROY in Miami, but he would still be a talented player for us...

17. SJ2100

SJ2100 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    No way Spikes lasts until the 2nd round. But if we think he will still be there @ 20 or so, AND D. Bryant and McClain are both off the board, I'd drop down and pick up an extra 2nd rounder. I think Houston would trade up to get Spiller. Seattle too, depending what they do with their first pick.

And a question for the gurus: does Vince O. project to play NT for us in a 3-4?

gunn34 likes this.
  18. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Does Spikes last until 43? I thought he wa a projected First Rounder?

19. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Sorry for the lengthy pause in between trying to sneak this at work lol....Just watch brother, honestly what are they looking at if they go Dez at 12, or Spiller at 12, they are good players.....You have a bottom 5 rated pass defense who couldn't stop anybody this year, especially at safety, a secondary that time and time again got burnt for huge plays multiple times a game ....and a run d that was above avg until Fergie got hurt, then they tanked....a LB core that honestly might be the worst in the league.....The defense was AWFUL for the last 4 games, they finished soft, now take into account JT might be gone, Porter might be gone, Fergie (even though I believe he signs back) could be gone.....I would question Ireland/Parcells judgment at that point to lead this FO, if they pull some ad hoc move like that in the 1st.....

of course everything could change via FA, they could go spend a boat load of cash and get guys, however it isn't their style...maybe they sign Dumerviel, Morrison, Howard, Ryans (provided any of these make it to FA), then at that point I say, "hey maybe they go skill at 12".....but as it stands right now I cant see it....

believe me if they do, I will come right back here and start the "Finyank is a boob, who eats crow" thread.....

djphinfan likes this.
  20. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Lmao, I'm not onr that wants Spiller at 12 but by god this would be an amazing draft...

21. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Amen!:up:

22. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I remember something about that.

FinNasty likes this.
  23. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    The secondary should be better with the 2 rooks having more experience. Also, remember we will be getting Will Allen back as well.

And I know we all are down on Crowder for good reason, but you could clearly see how much we missed him when he missed the last couple of games.

But I do agree with you. We absolutely need to upgrade over Ayodele. And we absolutely need a FS.

But we also absolutely need a WR. And I'd actually rank WR higher, not necessarily in terms of winning... but from the standpoint of developing our potential franchise QB. If we dont surround this kid with some talent soon, we will stunt his growth, and possibly ruin him. And securing that franchise QB is priority #1, with #2 not even close IMO.

For the benefit of Henne, we need to add 1 or 2 stud WR talents to this team... (and that can include a seam stretching TE as well)

skippysphins and finyank13 like this.
  24. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I believe VD is a baller, Smith I'm not sold on but am definitely willing to give a pass on (not even one pick this year), he doesnt play the ball very well in mid-long range passes, his head never seems to get around, he is good on the short cover stuff though, but you're right a second year will do these guys good hopefully.....agreed on Allen, he should help, I'm worried about the knee ops affect his cuts, and sudden breaks he needs to make, and what a dissappointment Wilson is, and to think Miami has him for 4 more years ugh!! Maybe he bounces back, a little competition in the form of Thomas would help for both Bell, and Wilson........Crowder it is weird, cuz you are so correct, when that dude is out, their run d suffers greatly, can u imagine McClain and him together?? would be like Zack and him a few years ago....Akin is overmatched in anything other than tackling somebody every now and then...

You bring up an awesome point with the WR, because I think the offense is an easier fix than the defense is...the defense is a multi-year project, the offense needs a stud 1st, and I think they are a, call me crazy now, championship winning offense...they could get it done....however when I say stud, I mean stud, 12-1400 10 TD guy....DON'T KILL ME BOOMER RIGHT NOW...but I would rather them trade a pick away for a BM or V-Jax (provided any of these guys make it) V-Jax could be a UFA depending on the years, BM is a RFA.....WR has to be instant production at this point, they waste too many picks and signings trying to find "the guy", that simply just isnt coming.....Miami has a very very nice 2-3-4-5, if they had that stud u know?? Remember this exact group brought in TO in Dallas, maybe they make a splash and bring some veteran in....

Lastly What good is a good defense if their offense consistently keeps them on the field with 3 and out, which we saw alot....so I can see where they try and get that stud.....guys I love this stuff, love the fact we are all here before the first playoff game yucking it up man this is great, glad to be a part of it....so much better than finhell.....I left when some guy told me over there "we got to trade this year 1st and next years 1st and 2nd for Calvin Johnson..." yeah okay....

25. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'd take CJ Spiller gladly, the way I see it the #12 is a rare chance to grab a player who can be special, not some NT (blech), if that means a E Thomas, D Bryant or CJ Spiller or McClain , then by all means you take that shot.

The good news is, when Tuna has had a hig draft pick, he rarely misses on the player Demarcus Ware was the last #12 he had a chance at, with the #1 pick in 08 and the #12 pick and rotation in 2010, we should be able to load up this draft especially with as deep as this OLB class is.

Is there a world of difference between Dunlap, Graham, Hughes, Morgan, Pierre Paul?

Not imho, and as that class is drafted the second and thid tier prospects like Sapp and Kindle and Wooten's then move into our sights, this is a great year to have a high draft pick rotation. The Top 15 players are not very different from the next 15 players, the Jr's coming out will flood the market with quality.

Draft 2011, will suck, the Sr's have left as Jr's.

26. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I love the defensive depth in the draft this year and at 12, come on that doesn't come around that often....Miami is poised to do very well defensively picking at 12 this year, and lets face I dont wanna see them at 12 again, so the pick coupled with the defensive depth, man you got to take advantage of that....RB's can be found all over the draft, whats the difference between the top RB taken last year and a guy who was say in the 3-5 round?? say a shonn greene who had less than 1/2 the carries of Kowshon but over half the yardage.....your right, you have to look at it as this, can this RB at 12 be very very special, like 1200 yards special, like 7-10 Td's special regardless of the cat...given Miami's RB situation, your number 12 RB (Spiller) will split time, it is a waste pick, he may not even beat out Hillard, if RB/RW come back and play healthy all year.....like you said Thomas, McClain they do have a chance to be special....forget NT I read ya, although I see mocks with us taking dude from Tenn..

padre31 likes this.
  27. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly, you take Spiller only if one is 100% certain he is hand grenade explosive and also are 100% convinced he will avoid missing significant time due to injuries.

Honestly, If I were GM I probably could not guarentee the healthy part, even Percy Harvin missed games with migraine headaches this year, and he is alot tougher than people may give him credit for being.

finyank13 likes this.
  28. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    A lot of the time its better to draft based off best player available and not need. I bet the Raiders wished they did that in 2007 when they drafted Russel over Megatron, Joe Thomas, and Peterson.

And CJ Spiller could help Henne along...Just having a threat like that changes the whole game. Does Vince Young improve like he did this year if it wasn't for Chris Johnson being an absolute monster?

29. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Agreed, picks 2-6 I like a lot. Well not sold on Overbay, but for a 6th...

30. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Top 15 money for a part time player....not wise, not happening...if McClain isnt there, Thomas will be....hopefully lol....

31. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I'm with Simon. Spiller, Spikes, Norwood (at OLB) and Oghobaase?

That's a draft for the ages. Has zero chance of happening of course, but I guess it's cool to dream.

32. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Morning mate. I'm pretty tired now! Dez Bryant makes me happy. Golden Tate does too. In the right place so does Bebe Thomas. And Mike Williams.

It'll work itself out!

33. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't mean to pick particularly on you because really I've seen this sentiment expressed elsewhere and I would just like to clarify for anyone what the #12 pick means contract-wise, and why all positions should be open at that spot in the draft.

It's really not a lot of money. It really isn't. We're talking about $3.3 million a year with $2.6 million per year in guarantees.

See this thread.

http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?p=979839#post979839

So I don't think the argument that C.J. Spiller will only take between 15 and 20 touches per game...is relevant where it concerns his contract value and whether he would be worth it.

Stitches likes this.
  34. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    I just dont see Spiller as any better than Bryant or McClain. Spiller is good, but so are they.

And if they are equal in talent, then need has to be the tiebreaker IMO. And Spiller doesnt win that tiebreaker...

Mile High Fin and PeaTearGriffin like this.
  35. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I see Spiller as much better than McClain. I haven't seen much of Bryant.

Spiller has best back in the league potential. I do not see that potential in McClain and Bryant.

36. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    One would think Spikes doesn't have a very good shot at lasting to that pick, but Mel Kiper had this to say in his chat yesterday in response to a question about who hurt their draft position in the bowl games.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/30195/football-guru-mel-kiper

37. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Yikes. Surprised Mel went that much out on a limb.

38. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I would love to see us get Spikes in the 2nd or 3rd. IMO he's better than Crowder. I think he can be a good to very good pro, but I don't see Spikes as a special player. He's not a guy I would draft over someone at a core position that I had rated as good to very good.

djphinfan likes this.
  39. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I don't like spiller

40. skippysphins

skippysphins Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    the poconos
    could you guys imagine spiller and brown in the back field. ricky contact ends at the end of 2010. but i would much rather see ingram in next years draft brown and ingram ! yeah baby !