1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Draft: Rating the Quarterback Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by NorFlaFin, Jan 14, 2011.

1. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

First time I've seen this rating system. It dependent of data rather then game tape which bothers me.

I'm ignoring the site name.

2. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    It's an interesting system, and I agree with him for the most part. I'd downgrade Christian Ponder a little due to his injury history, but he definitely has some NFL ability. I've been saying for a while that my three favorite quarterbacks in this draft are Pat Devlin, TJ Yates, and Ricky Stanzi. Another guy that I absolutely love watching him play the position is Kellen Moore, but he's coming back for his senior season likely. Kellen Moore is another Drew Brees.

3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I'd like to see previous years to see how their grading system works.

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This is apparently the grading criteria used:

The author places heavy weight on a large sample size (playing in as many college games as possible) and in his own subjective determination of what constitutes good or bad competition. And he’s missed on quite a few players:

My takeaway from this is thread is that someone’s arbitrary principles of quarterback evaluation sometimes hit and sometimes miss. In other news, flipping a coin gives you a 50% chance of landing heads, water is wet, the sun rises in the east, and Jets fans are dirtbags.

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Unfortunately an elaborate exercise in futility.

But at least there's SOME metric out there that recognizes T.J. Yates as a very underrated senior QB.

Starry31 likes this.
  6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO the concept of "NFL ready" is ridiculous. There is an adjustment for all QBs going from the shotgun to under center so spread QBs have that additional hurdle, but beyond that the biggest determiner for how much early NFL success a young QB may have is the system they end up in and the surrounding talent they luck into.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Iam just really excited about the the all around skillsets of the QB's in this years draft... The QB athleticism is real good.