1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Draft Game

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Bpk, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Fun, because you can also accept offers to trade down or make offers to trade up (I think -- I never traded up):

Play HERE: http://www.first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspx

My most recent draft and reasoning for each pick (fyi, I traded down multiple times):
    Round 2 Pick 15 (BALT): Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa - Can groom him as Safety to compete with Nate Allen, or step in if there's an injury to Allen or Jones.
    Round 2 Pick 22: Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama - Julius Thomas understudy. If Thomas gets hurt, we have Everett. If Everett plays well early, we could let Thomas go next year or trade him this year. If Everett needs time, he learns under Thomas. Win-win-win situation.
    Round 3 Pick 5 (LAR): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State - Because, Guard.. also position flexibility in case Pouncey's health continues to be a problem long term.
    Round 3 Pick 17 (WASH): Ryan Anderson, OLB/DE, Alabama - LB corps help. SAM Backer to complement Alonso and Timmons.
    Round 3 Pick 29 (G.B.): John Johnson, FS, Boston College - Backup Safety and Special Teamer - Hopefully threatens Walt Aikens' spot.
    Round 3 Pick 33 (COMP): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan - Redundancy for Fasano. Either replaces him after this year or allows us to trade Fasano or Butt for a late round pick just before final cutdowns.
    Round 3 Pick 35 (BALT): Alex Anzalone, OLB, Florida - Great upside if he is healthy. Would immediately create depth at all spots on LB corps.
    Round 4 Pick 2 (S.F.): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California - Anquan Boldin comparisons tantalize. Could deep enough WR corps allow us to trade one of our gusy at cutdowns? Could we sneak someone like Grant onto Practice Squad? Even if he fails as a WR there is talk of him being capable of playing Safety. Seriously... could be converted to a backup Safety and will contribute as good Special Teams tackler.
    Round 4 Pick 5 (LAR): Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah - Can compete with Elflein for Guard spot.
    Round 4 Pick 7 (WASH): Anthony Walker Jr., ILB, Northwestern - Kiko understudy.
    Round 4 Pick 36 (S.F.): Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA - If he gets 100% healthy in our strength and conditioning program we have a lot of upside here for a rotational DT with potential starters talent.
    Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): DeAngelo Brown, DT, Louisville - Strong as ****. Can compete and push Vanderdoes. Run stuffer.
    Round 5 Pick 40 (COMP): James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh - We don't have a pure shirt-yardage battering ram guy for 4th and inches or goalline. Conner could be that guy. Remember Lou Polite's usefulness to the team the year we won the AFC East?
    Round 7 Pick 5: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State - Franks needs to be pushed. Gonzalez is known for his high %. Too many games are decided by less than 3 points. We need a reliable kicker. Zane be be that guy.

My goal: I wanted to have at least two new talented players at each position of need. I am happy so long as ONE of the two pans out. The above draft should bring us:
    - A young pass catching TE or young solid blocking TE with great clutch hands in traffic and redzone.
    - A complete LB corps (adding SAM, plus depth guy)
    - A starting caliber safety, who may step up this year or wait until Allen moves and replace him
    - A rotational DT with starter upside
    - At least one starter-level OG, with a backup level OL guy behind him
    - Talented competition for the Kicker position
    - a couple bonus players in a power short yardage situational back and a WR with WR2 talent that could allow us flexibility with trades/injuries/depth

Would love to see who you end up drafting!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Fin-O likes this.
  2. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Where was round 1?

I've heard of the Butt, but I thought he was injured or something??

It would be nice to know who you did not pick. I would be looking for Taylor somewhere in the 3rd if he is there.

Those types of things are enjoyable