1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Combine Results

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ckparrothead, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Lemonier matched Jordan's best time.

2. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Floyd looked real good in the open field drill.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Floyd always looks good. He could flip hamburgers at Wendys and look good.

Boomer likes this.
  4. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    They did that a lot with Andrew Hawkins; not sure they'd be interested.

5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Excited to see Arthur Brown today.

6. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Can someone give me a quick run down of the top 5-10 pass rushers that would fit our defense to put opposite of Wake? I havent looked into them yet. Just need their names in order you feel they should be prioritized by the Fins. Any additional info would hurt either... thanks!

7. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Ansah, Datone Jones, William Gholston, Kruger, Carradine.

I really am just guessing who might fit.

8. ItsDFresh

ItsDFresh Beast Mode

Feb 21, 2013
    New Jersey
    I just looked at the combine tracker and I have two observations. #1 Tyler Eifert dominated in every drill that he ran today in the TE class. Dude looks like he is going to be a stud. Also just now Ziggy Ansah just ran a 4.62 40.....very interesting.

9. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Wow, 10'8" broad jump for Mingo. And a 37" vertical.

Moore had some pretty good #'s there top. I think like 10' and 35.5".

10. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    That's my view. I'm not really knocking him as a player when I say he is a niche player, or a specialty player. For a team like Miami, he is a luxury pick when they need guys who are bread and butter receivers so to speak.

11. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Mingo with a 4.53 just like Jordan and Lemonier.

12. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Should note that Dion Jordan is 6'6" and 248 lbs, Cory Lemonier 6'3" and 255 lbs. Barkevious Mingo is 6'4" and 241 lbs.

djphinfan likes this.
  13. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Damontre Moore isn't dong himself any favors- 4.87 1st time iirc, showed little explosion. Pulled up lame 2nd run, or did he- it almost looked as if he just quit at the 30 yard mark or so.

Werner underwhelmed, 4.79 and 4.81. Mingo, Lemoniere, Ansah, Jordan, Hunt and Buchanan all looked very fast. Datone Jones ran a 4.84 iirc- not a great time, but he's 280 or so and looked very athletic to me- good speed, and he looks very athletic running to me.

Ansah looked outstanding, Hunt looked very good as well, very fast for such a big guy and quick feet. Sharrif Floyd sure looked fast, 4.87 iirc, looked faster than Sheldon Richardson.

Based on what I saw I could see Mingo, Jordan, Buchanon playing OLB. No to Brandon Jenkins or Lemoniere at OLB, even though Lemoniere ran well, not so smooth in the position drills. He sure looks jacked up, though. Sam Montgomery really didn't impress with his movement. Gholston looked fast.

ps Brandon Jenkins might not be healthy yet with that foot injury, he sure didn't loo fast or exlosive, or smooth for that matter.

Trevardo Williams was very fast and muscular, looked all jacked up.

MrClean likes this.
  14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think I could make a case that for a scheme to be successful his skillset would be the first that I would want to build with..all under the simple theory of space created for your run game, and space created for your other skillset payers to play in.

15. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Damontre Moore killing his draft stock.

16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    in the context of the 2nd round and our options there, I think Woods presents very good value, and would probably prefer his skillset over other receivers that will be available..

17. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Bang biscuit..

18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    It's what happens when you know your going to highly touted and you don't taken your training in college seriously, big mistake that some make..

19. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Their unofficials are all 4.53. The simulcast showed them all exactly the same crossing the 40. If the official times are even a couple hundredths difference, it will give further credence to your belief that the unofficials are more accurate.

20. MrClean

Welker isn't coming back to the Pats. They'll take him at 29, and Austin will go on to be a thorn in our side for the next 10 years.

21. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    So uh apparently there are steroids in the water in Estonia because how are you going to be 6'8 277 lbs while running a 4.60 40, benching 38 reps, 35 inch vert, and a 10 foot 1 inch broad jump?

22. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    Who are these guys? And how do they fall in line with the list you provided of "Ansah, Datone Jones, William Gholston, Kruger, Carradine"?

Thanks in advance!

(sorry for the ignorance... I literally dont even know who the available pass rushers are in this draft yet)

23. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I would not take Robert Woods over:

Cordarrelle Patterson
    Stedman Bailey
    Markus Wheaton
    Tavon Austin
    Terrance Williams
    Keenan Allen
    Quinton Patton
    Justin Hunter

And that's just at the wide receiver position. And truthfully when push comes to shove I would TARGET Marquess Wilson before I would be inclined to take Robert Woods. I say target with the understanding that because of the history you're probably not looking at Marquess Wilson as high as you'd be looking at Robert Woods. But that doesn't mean he's not a priority. For the Seahawks, Russell Wilson was a top level target. They had the mindset that they were not leaving that Draft without him. But they knew he was unlikely to be taken before the 3rd round. So that's what I mean by I would target Marquess Wilson before Robert Woods, even if that doesn't ultimately mean that I'm taking Wilson in the 2nd round.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Swope is an animal, covers a lot of distance after his initial cut, explosive actually..This is how he will create all that beautiful separation, all day long.

25. MrClean

I agree except for Hunter. That guy seems boom/bust to me among the top 10 WRs.

26. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I agree with you, but one thing to keep in mind is that the simulcast relies on a human eye to tell what frame on which to "start" the simulcast for each player. Since I've actually done that in my own crude way, I can tell you that it's actually kind of difficult. There's all kinds of movement going on that COULD constitute a "start".

But yeah the simulcam really provides a lot of evidence most of the time for how stupidly inaccurate the "official" times actually are. The one that comes to mind is Taylor Mays running against I believe it was C.J. Spiller. The two were neck and neck on the simulcam, but the "official" times had them different by something ludicrous like 2 tenths of a second.

27. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Werner looked better during position drills than running the 40- athletic and nice, quick feet. Mingo has some serious wheels on him, looks more like OLB than DE, pretty thin at 6-4 240

25 reps for Werner on the bench, 30 for Datone Jones- heck of an athlete.

28. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    He is. But so to me is Robert Woods. At least with Justin Hunter at 6'4" and running a 4.41, jumping 39.5" with an absurd 11'4" broad jump, he's going to scare the bajesus out of defenses vertically.

The 4.47 shuttle on Robert Woods and the 4.50 shuttle on DeAndre Hopkins kind of show something that I've identified on their film that I don't really like in them as receivers. They're not explosive or quick with the ball in their hands.

MrClean likes this.
  29. MrClean

He was top 4 in vertical and broad jump. That means as much IMO as forty times.

30. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Mingo is a 6'4" 240 "DE" from LSU, but OLB may be his position in the NFL.
    Jordan is a 6'6" 248 DE from Oregon. He reminds me of Jason Taylor build-wise.
    Lemonier is like a 6'4" 255 DE from Auburn. He is extremely fit, but not sure how much more good weight he can put on. He's a DE IMO, but not the best pass rusher. He's a 2nd/3rd rd guy to me.

31. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    I'd actually like to touch on Hunter. What are the big knocks on him... b/c he doesnt seem to get near the attention as other WRs in this class, his teammate included. However, Hunter had the furthest broad jump of all WRs and ran a 4.44 official (only 0.02 slower than Patterson).

My limited understanding was that while Hunter was the more polished and better tactiction between him and Patterson, Patterson had far greater physical ability where as Hunter was limited physically. Now, Patterson may still be superior physically... but it didnt appear that Hunter had a ton of physical limitations that I was under the impression he had. So, what is the big knock on Hunter that is keeping him out of the conversation?

32. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    He only repped 12 on the bench. That's also a red flag.

Boomer likes this.
  33. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    LOL @ DaMontre Moore pulling up so no one has to watch him trying to run drills. :lol:

34. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Been reading about Brandon Coleman (WR Rutgers), who's getting some comparisons to Megatron. Is he is this draft class? Or, did he decide to stay in school?

35. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Those are nice, but I really wish that he ran better, he didn't run well at all. There was something fishy about how he pulled up lame in the 2nd 40- just a guess on my part of course, but he just glided to a stop more than pulled up quickly with an injury- it looked a bit off. maybe he was trying to save face and not lay an egg on that 2nd 40, even worse than the 1st go around, who knows.

36. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    In a lot of ways he did exactly what was expected.

If you've watched a lot of tape on Damontre Moore you know he's physically weak in matchups with offensive tackles. Hence, 12 bench reps. You also know he doesn't have the pure speed to threaten the outside shoulder consistently, hence the 4.87 in the 40. I don't know exactly how much you can trust the 10 yard splits, but a 1.69 there is also unsurprising in that regard. It's not terrible, also not great.

But one thing you know about Damontre Moore is that man can move in space. He changes directions really well and can accelerate from a standing position playing in space. That's how he gets so much production. That's how he won the Quicken Loans All-Star Football Challenge. So what you would expect on him is good jump metrics, and sure enough he puts on good jump metrics.

The problem with all this? All of this fits within a set of expectations that recognize that Damontre Moore is not a 1st round player. If you expected Damontre Moore to be a 1st round or especially top 10 pick type of player, then the above results are TERRIBLY disappointing IMO.

Boomer and djphinfan like this.
  37. MrClean

I think we need at least one of Bailey, Patton, or Allen out of that top group.

ToddPhin likes this.
  38. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I've never understood the temptation to put Lemonier at OLB. He is a Ferrari of a DE. Use him that way. Train him that way. It will be worth it.

39. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    No Swope or Stills before Woods?

40. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I looked at him as closely as I could in the 40 and drills- he's not an OLB. Mingo is, Jordan is, Buchanan can be imo, but Lemoniere is not as smooth a runner as I expected nor is he terribly smooth in changing direction. Big guy, muscular and fast- his size dwarfs Mingo, who I'm guessing is going to OLB- very fast, very thin. Buchanan looks like he put on some weight, I think 6-5 255. I wasn't expecting that size form Lemoniere- powerful, muscular build.

Anyway, yeah- Lemoniere should be a DE and I think that he;ll do pretty well there.