NFL Combine Results
1120 replies
"MrClean wrote:
He's not as naturally smooth a hands catcher as the Killer Es are. He'll double catch a few. Still well worth taking in the 3rd or early 4th though. I'm guessing he moves into the top 5 and Reed drops to 6th before draft day.
Where he can move past Reed is in blocking. That's what I want to see of Vance. I have to go watch his film. I really can't speak to his ability until then.
for now, I am very very intrigued.
I plan to watch Kelce and McDonald this weekend.
"Bpk wrote:
I find most of the tight ends tend to be more comfortable catching the ball away from their body than inside the frame. It stood out to me with Eifert and Fauria.
I dunno. You can see a lot of instances with some where they are facing the passer, and feel they are wide open where they'll cradle the ball or catch it into their body rather than pluck it. It's not ideal, but it happens enough to notice IMO.
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
"mroz wrote:
I have never ween this guy play... so I will ask the question.... is this guy a football player or a workout warrior?
That's the right question. I intend to find out and I'll let you know what I find.
"Bpk wrote:Where he can move past Reed is in blocking. That's what I want to see of Vance. I have to go watch his film. I really can't speak to his ability until then.
for now, I am very very intrigued.
I plan to watch Kelce and McDonald this weekend.
there are a couple guys on youtube talking about McDonald and they said the one thing you can count on McDonald NOT doing is blocking… having said that, I have no idea who they are or if they are credible.
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w19IAR1mvpo&playnext=1&list=PLGTZNgZXj635op4gFT5t86kwojzdA1TcJ&feature=results_video
3:45 mark
RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18
"Bpk wrote:
That's the right question. I intend to find out and I'll let you know what I find.
you sir, are on the clock… I will be back in 15 minutes for the answer!
RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18
"MrClean wrote:
I was asking yesterday if Tavon would be worthy the 12th pick. Maybe not too ridiculous a notion then, since you are thinking the same...
* I will eat a baby horned owl live on TV if Austin goes before the 25th pick of the first round.
*not really
RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18
How did Dion Jordan gain 20 pounds on a torn labrum? Better question is why did he postpone surgery (and it's lengthy rehabilitation) in favor of spending a few months to gain weight which I'm guessing involved strength training, if this all is indeed the case?
"phinsational wrote:
How did Dion Jordan gain 20 pounds on a torn labrum? Better question is why did he postpone surgery (and it's lengthy rehabilitation) in favor of spending a few months to gain weight which I'm guessing involved strength training, if this all is indeed the case?
Fat or juice. I suspect... Any shirtless pics from combine?
"Clark Kent wrote:
Fat or juice. I suspect... Any shirtless pics from combine?
I tried looking but couldn't find any.
I rewatched every Jordan Reed snap at tight end and I gotta say, go right ahead and doubt the guy. He's a football player. He's 9 lbs lighter than Hernandez was at the combine, same height, shorter arms...
and I'm thinking similar 40 times. Hernandez only ran at his pro day, and he ran a 4.64. I'd be stunned if Reed didn't hit that.
If he falls to the bottom of the 4th I'm laughing, grabbing him, and saying goodbye to the Charles Clay experiment
"mroz wrote:
* I will eat a baby horned owl live on TV if Austin goes before the 25th pick of the first round.
*not really
Tavon Austin is a player you take if you already have your receiving corps established. He's not a player you take as a building block of your receiving corps. He is a luxury pick, similar to the way a Ted Ginn Jr. is more of a luxury pick than a building block and Mike Wallace would be a luxury signing instead of a building block.
"Crazy685 wrote:
I rewatched every Jordan Reed snap at tight end and I gotta say, go right ahead and doubt the guy. He's a football player. He's 9 lbs lighter than Hernandez was at the combine, same height, shorter arms...
and I'm thinking similar 40 times. Hernandez only ran at his pro day, and he ran a 4.64. I'd be stunned if Reed didn't hit that.
If he falls to the bottom of the 4th I'm laughing, grabbing him, and saying goodbye to the Charles Clay experiment
It's possible he added more weight to his body (for the combine) than he is currently strong enough to carry. He seemed really disappointed in himself running those 40's. A season + NFL off season will likely do him some good (like it did for Hernandez). Wouldn't hate it if we drafted him 3b/4.
I don't see Miami going after Reed. With Clay and Egnew, I think we're in need of a true #1 TE. Clay is raw at TE. It's not his natural position. We drafted him as a FB. I think he's clearly versatile enough use much like Hernandez is with NE. He has flashed some real potential. Maybe Reed is overall better. But they're still too similar and I can't see Miami giving up on Clay.
And then there's Egnew. Regardless of what anyone thinks (myself included, I'm not high on him), we drafted him in round 3. He has some great physical tools. Whether anyone likes it or not, I can't see us giving up on him, either. If it's true he's Philbin's pick, I would assume there's a reason why.
To me, guys like Eifert/Ertz/Escobar/Kelce are more of what Miami will be interested in to be our #1.
I agree with you but I'm not drafting Reed as our #1 TE at all. I'm drafting him as the utility man. Hback, Split out, Inline WR... you name it, he can do it.
Reed is just a special talent. I really love watching this kid play. Same feeling I got with Jared Cook, same feeling I got with Ty Hilton, same feeling I get this year from Stedman Bailey.
I just watch them play and I can't see a reason they won't make plays.
"Crazy685 wrote:
I rewatched every Jordan Reed snap at tight end and I gotta say, go right ahead and doubt the guy. He's a football player. He's 9 lbs lighter than Hernandez was at the combine, same height, shorter arms...
and I'm thinking similar 40 times. Hernandez only ran at his pro day, and he ran a 4.64. I'd be stunned if Reed didn't hit that.
If he falls to the bottom of the 4th I'm laughing, grabbing him, and saying goodbye to the Charles Clay experiment
Reed has long arms and big hands for his size. But still less than Hernandez?
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
"mroz wrote:
But but b ut Mr C... Eifert looked great not catching the first two passes thrown to him with the number 1 cb in the draft covering him!
I think there is now a bit of exaggeration gong on, my stance has been simple, and not wanting it to become some big debate, it started as a joke but obviously because Eifert looked the best today, that joke is being twisted around, and because I pointed out those two plays and your now using them against as a good laugh for yourself, chump stuff to me...no one has called him a fu&$ing saint, merely stated he was the best tightend this draft had to offer, and he projects to stay that way at the next level imo, if y'all wanna turn this into a cry baby situation so be it..

"MrClean wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I do like Eifert, just not quite as much. I just don't see why so many Eifert fans cannot build him up without putting down Ertz in the process.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the worst thing I said about Ertz is that he's not on Eiferts level, sorry that pisses you off my friend.jmo.

"phinsational wrote:
How did Dion Jordan gain 20 pounds on a torn labrum? Better question is why did he postpone surgery (and it's lengthy rehabilitation) in favor of spending a few months to gain weight which I'm guessing involved strength training, if this all is indeed the case?
I'm wondering if Chip Kelly's goes Jordan on us..?

"djphinfan wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the worst thing I said about Ertz is that he's not on Eiferts level, sorry that pisses you off my friend.jmo.
No sweat. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Ridiculous run by Austin. Never understood the Twitter wannabees talking about him running a 4.5. Watch the tape. Watch the Oklahoma game. That isn't a man running 4.5 in the forty. I think Ireland has talked about people questioning whether people think the pick at 12 is a reach. I think they get FA on offense right and you take Austin at 12. But you better have the offense right for him to succeed. Given how much he loved Harvin, to me he's absolutely in the mix at 12.
I am the sweat not the swagger.

Marquise goodwin with an unofficial 4.25 as well
Then Marquise Goodwin rips a 4.25
I am the sweat not the swagger.

Goodwin and Austin with extremely fast unofficial times.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"RickyBobby wrote:
FYI Bailey in the 4.5s
Just goes to show you that 40 times don't mean much, because Bailey is the better receiver between the two of he and Tavon Austin.