1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL: Chris Henry - another guy who 'gets it'/ Gets Cut!

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Muck, Apr 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Dude is just trying to get himself thrown out of the league.

Now he's been charged with assault.

http://www.local12.com/content/brea...ntent_id=722753fa-5212-4749-8edb-554e5f3d167b

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Supreme waste of talent. Just like Pacman.

2. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    this guy is a joke....get him out of the league

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    One of my fav. qoutes ever...

"People who dont get it..dont get that they dont get it"

Case in point moron Chris Henry.

Makes you wonder where his parents are in all of this, my son is a model citizen.

4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I think he will be suspended for the year.

5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
  6. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Bengals waived WR Chris Henry.

"Chris Henry has forfeited his opportunity to pursue a career with the Bengals," said president Mike Brown. "His conduct can no longer be tolerated." Henry, charged with assault earlier this week, was probably given too many chances. It would be no surprise if commissioner Roger Goodell banishes him from the league. At the minimum, he figures to receive a one-year suspension.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

7. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    And with both Ocho Cinco and Housh not happy in Cincy, an area of strength may be rapidly eroding.

Smart move by the Bungees in dumping this guy, he's not going to be in the league much longer.

8. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I think he is done in this league. I am interested what team looks at him tho. Cowboys?

9. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I think the commish makes him sit and reconsider his life choices some.

late again likes this.
  10. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
  11. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    The Bengals were told by the Commish that if they continued to keep thugs on their roster that there would be consequences. Henry has been given at least three chances to clean up his act. It will be interesting to see how this effects Whosyourmama and Chad Johnson, who are both unhappy.

12. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Good for them, I hope this kid sits a couple years and ponders what he has thrown away. Makes me sick how little regard punks like this have for the incredible opportunity they have, and just throw it away.

13. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    The Bengals' aerial attack is in DEEP trouble. The only other receivers on the roster right now (other than the crazy one and the disgruntled one) are:
    Marcus Maxwell

Antonio Chatman

Glenn Holt

Bennie Brazell

IMO, CJ will be gone before the season starts. Housh could get happy with an extension, but the rest of the guys on the roster have a COMBINED stat line of 36rec. 297yds. 2td. from last year. Chatman ist he best of the bunch, but he's a #3 at best. At 5'8'' and 180lbs he would need to have Steve Smith-level speed and quicks to move up the depth chart and be effective- neither of which he possesses. All of which add up to an interesting scenario on draft day if a Caldwell, Hardy, Kelly or Swede drop to pick 32 . I don't think the Bengals' will go after a WR in the first, as their defense front 7 is in serious need and the DL prospects are pretty deep talent-wise this year. I could see a trade happening for their 2nd(46) and 4th(112) or 5th(145).

Chris Henry has (unfortunately) 'thugged' his way right out of the league. Next stop: Nate Newtonville. All Aboard!:pity:

14. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Any takers on how long till we start seeing:

"Dolphins should really consider picking this guy up! Wont cost a pick, and guy has MAD talent".....

What a POS. Couldnt have happened to a more deserving thing...

15. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I was thinking the same thing.

16. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Maybe we can trade down with the Bengals and pick up Chad Johnson. He clearly is not happy in Cincy and I can't really blame him, although I think Chad does need to stop running his mouth at times. I would trade down our first overall for Cincy's first pick, which I believe is the 8th overall pick, and we could probably get a second rounder from them and maybe a third or some type of combination like that...maybe an additional pick next year from them? A guy like Sedric Ellis would still likely be on the board, we would have a pro bowl receiver in CJ with Ginn on the other side, and maybe have THREE 2nd round picks. :up:

17. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    Except how long would it be before he becomes upset here?? We aren't going to be very good any time soon and our QB position is still rather unsettled. We are rapidly becoming a younger team and right now there are no veteran leaders on Offense. Do you really want CJ coming in to a situation like that?? I sure don't. It's a good idea in theory, but I think it would work out terribly for us in reality.

18. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Or even worse, somebody suggest that we take CJ the loud-mouth mal-content..

Sorry Roman, it was ripe for the pickin :up:

19. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Good for the bengals. Its about time. Such a shame though for Henry. All that potential, gone out the window. Stupidity at its best...

20. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Dallas was my first thought also..........for obvious reasons.

21. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

See!!!! All that and now look at them......

They might aswell just trade us Palmer and go back to being the punchline for yet ANOTHER decade.:up:

22. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Nothing worse than unrealized potential...the guy just doesn't get it...put him up there next to Michael Vick and Ricky Williams...guys that could have had or did have the world by the tail and then go and screw it up...

23. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

http://www.timeswv.com/wvu_sports/local_story_097003328.html

A sad commentary on everyone who had a chance to turn this kid around and failed. To late for him to change now and the same goes for PacMan. Jail time and/or a bullet, what a waste of God given talent. I don't want any of them on the Dolphins including Chad. You can't help but get a little on you if you lay with them and that is where Chad is in my mind.

alen1 likes this.
  24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    University of West Virginia Thugs is coming to a team near you.....

25. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That article reveals a lot about Chris Henry. It shows that he was never a good person to begin with. Punching kids in a food line? Cursing out your coach? Revolting against running in practice? I thought he just turned into a self destruction figure when he got the money. The guy deserves to be out of this league. He thinks he can succeed messing around like he is now? The guy should be banned and I aim a fan of his game but not his actions.

26. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Just like a few have already posted; I think he gets a suspension for this year. I also believe he stands a chance to serve some jail time.