1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL assistants primed to be head coaches Todd Bowles?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by calphin, Nov 12, 2008.

1. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

The improvement of Miami's secondary — especially cornerbacks Will Allen (pictured) and Jason Allen — and the dip in Dallas since his offseason departure may not be coincidence. Bowles spent two seasons on Parcells' Cowboys coaching staff and followed Sparano to Miami.

Having played defensive back for eight NFL seasons, Bowles does an excellent job interacting with his players. Bowles, who turns 45 next Tuesday, was a finalist for the Cowboys head coaching vacancy that went to Wade Phillips in the 2007 offseason.

Sure would hate to lose Bowles:no:

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - NFL assistants primed to be head coaches - Number 1

2. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Hopefully it doesn't happen, but if they continue to get better, and play well, he may get some looks at seasons end. We just have to ensure we have coaches working with, and learning from other coaches so if we do lose someone, we can promote from within.

gafinfan likes this.
  3. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I hope we don't lose anyone quite yet. We're in the middle of a pretty amazing turn around here; I hope everyone wants to stick around and see it to the end, But it's looking like there may well be a bunch of vacancies after the season. Sparano's success here in Miami gives even more validity to the so -called Parcells coaching tree. So I can see our assts and coordinators garnering some interest.

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I hope that doesnt happen. He's definitely had a huge impact on our secondary this year. Hopefully we can keep him this offseason. It would be nice to have some continuity for once going into next season

5. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    There's quite a couple of assistant coaches that will get a look before Bowles gets one as HC. However, he might garner a lot of interest as DC.

6. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    Just as long as WE aren't looking for a new Head Coach, I really can't get too upset. I'm sure Parcells and Co. will bring in a sufficent replacement for him if he does leave.

7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

It would be nice to keep this group of coaches together...except for perhaps the STs coaches....but that's how things work...they won't try to hold anyone back from advancement in the coaching ranks...

late again likes this.