1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Flash: Dolphins in need of major upgrades at WR and DB spots

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Miami - Pro Football Weekly

For as pleased as they’ve been with the grunt work on the line, a WR corps headlined by Greg Camarillo isn’t going to get the job done. “They love Camarillo’s toughness, but it’s obvious they’re going to be looking for a true No. 1 receiver in the offseason,” the source said. He went on to say that unheralded youngsters Davone Bess and Brandon London have staked legitimate claims to roster spots for next year, but more touted veterans such as Derek Hagan and Ernest Wilford could be conceding their spots on the team in favor of pass catchers offering more promise.

2. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    They haven't given up hope on Jason Allen? Could have fooled me.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Interesting. I know that they stress on creating turnovers but Pasqualoni talked about Allen's hands this week and said how he needs to focus more. He said he even considered him as a WR at one point. I think they will be in the market for a number one CB as well as WR. I'm thinking they will throw money at Chris Gamble or Bryant McFadden and then on offense, try to sign Amani Toomer. That's my thinking. Then in the draft, draft an OLB and NT in the first couple rounds or so. Add a couple CB's and a WR on second day (Brooks Foster late rounds? Ramses Barden mid-rounds? Dominique Johnson :D? ). I have to wonder if they will go after Mike Peterson, whose not expected back in JAX, or Karlos Dansby. They flashed the cash on Pace this past off-season but didn't give enough. I know Dansby wants Pace money and you have to wonder if they will go after him. Possible ILB or OLB in our system. I remember reading that he's an ILB in the 34 scheme run by Arizona at times. He's not very strong though and I question if he can shed blocks. Peterson has some injury troubles and I know the staff is big on that so that could scare them away. Another guy that's going to be on the market next year is ILB Bart Scott. Scott is 28 years old, he blitzes well so maybe they consider him. He may come cheaper than Dansby and he's healthier than Peterson. He's only missed three games in seven years. NOTE: I don't mean to go after all these guys lol, just either one of them.

I'm happy that they still have hope with Jason Allen. I think he can be a good player but needs to see consistent playing time, which he doesn't get here. With Lehan gone for the year, his development at CB is important. I hope he gets time because his athleticism is very much helpful.

Great read FFiC.

late again likes this.
  4. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    :woot:

Time to get my Bess jersey!!!!:yes:

padre31 likes this.
  5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

News flash ??? Kinda calling the kettle black, isn't it ??

6. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    That is why I put it there bro, we already knew what we needed as fans.:hi5:

7. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I think we a knew this back even before the draft.:up:

However I do like the fact the the boss is building the team from the big fat uglies first.:wink2:

8. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    There will be rampant speculation between now and the 2009 draft about who they may or may not take. Its refreshing to know though that we have a much better chance now of drafting players who will actually play than players who never will.
    I hope we take a DB, LB, WR, and a NT not necessarily in that order but in the best available at our pick.

9. DatJustHapnd

DatJustHapnd New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Mascot TN
    No more linbackers

We dont need anymore linbackers except for maybe one to come in as a relief but other than that we need WRs and CBs, thats it. When everyone is healthy we have one of the best run stopping defences in the league.

Now if we can get someone to stop the pass once in a while. Everyone says "Well what about Will Allen?" Yes he is fast but look at what Andre Johnson did to him all game.

I say next year Henne will be starting so we will actually have someone that can put the ball downfield. Other than that all we need is a pair of DTs cause Ferguson and Holliday isnt getting any younger.

10. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    We could still use a competent ILB and OLB especially if Crowder and Roth are gone or if Porter/Ayodele starts losing a step. But I personally feel we need to fix CB and WR most important as is NT. But of course, Parcells and Co. have hard-ons for the D's front 7 so our top picks and signings are still going to be in those areas.

Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald used their size against Will Allen to muscle him out of the play. In addition, Allen doesn't have the kind of ball skills anyways to pick it off or make a play on it that would be required against an elite WR.

alen1 and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  11. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    And that's exactly why we'll be looking at LBs. Aside from Porter name one LB on the roster who is a reliable, consistent pass rush threat.....if you keep the QB off balance with a strong pass rush, then you're forcing him to make throws he doesn't want to make. If we could do that on a more consistent basis this year our DBs wouldn't be getting exposed so badly.

alen1 and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  12. Canefinz

Canefinz New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    duh

13. Canefinz

Canefinz New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    i was hoping to hear some lito, anquan talk...

14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Disagree, we need a Stud Inside Linebacker, a playmaker.

15. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I'm telling you--just a feeling I have--I think Will Allen might not have a spot on this team next year. Todd Bowles stresses TOs and Will Allen doesn't do it. I like Will Allen's toughness and his ability to cover a guy, but again I'd rather give up a mistake, if I'm creating a TO. Will Allen doesn't do that. He doesn't force TO's. He's not a shut down guy, he's prone to the big play at times. He just doesn't do it for me.