1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Unemployment Numbers for November may not be good at all

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    The Cautious Consumer at The Casone Exchange

I am concerned about Friday’s job number also. My best guess today was pretty negative. When we get unemployment figures for November, it will clock in at 7.3%. A HUGE jump I know, but the pace of layoffs in this country has picked up, and I believe it will be a shock to Washington and a shock to America.

I know that the Brother from RI pointed they are over 9% already, and Cali has to be there as well. I had a 40 minute phone interview for a job in LA. The human resources manager was calling from North Carolina. She asked me at the end of the interview what is you unemployment rate out there. I said 8.2 officially but over 9% for sure now. She said only one applicant was working, everyone else was out of work.:no:

anlgp likes this.
  2. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami

The Human Resource manager where I'm working my piddly hourly job now qouted me an unemployment rate close to 11% here in Tampa FL. very soon.

Many housing construction, mortgage and Personnel companies over here are the leading reason according to her.

Thats pathetic.
    Be interesting to see how close she is on that.