1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New TV Shows Out Right Now

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Fin D, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Boik14

Boik14 Admin Staff Member Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Looks like we arent getting season 2 of the punisher til early 2019. But we may get season 4 of Narcos in a month or 2. Money Heist season 3 looks to be early 2019 as well and is now the most watched non english speaking show on Netflix passing Narcos.

Looks like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones reruns for another month.

2. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    Who Is America?

This is the best show out right now...this isn't up for debate, lol.

Yes, this idiot from the House of Representatives had to resign after this interview, lmao.

invid, Fin D and Unlucky 13 like this.
  3. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
  4. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I'm watching Sharp Objects and Venture Brothers. Both are awesome.

5. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I love these types of comedies. Have you watched any, "Nathan For You", PWR? It's this same style, but in a marketing scenario. Nathan plays a master marketer that tries to flip the fortunes of businesses by suggesting ridiculous ideas. Hilarity ensues.

6. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I watched the first couple episodes of "I Am A Killer" on Netflix. Pretty engaging, if just a little dry so far.

ToddPhin likes this.
  7. ToddPhin

ToddPhin RIP Phinsational Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Thanks for the head’s up. I’ll have to check it out.

8. phinswolverinesrockets

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    Thanks for the recommendation. I have not seen that show yet, but after reading this I just watched a few youtube clips of it. It seems right up my alley. I, too, love this type of comedy. Sascha Baron Cohen (Borat, Bruno, Ali G, Who Is America) may be the greatest troll comedian of all time. Hell, he is in my personal top 5 comedians, period.

9. danmarino

danmarino Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I got turned on to a show that's been out for a few years on the History Channel. It's not for everyone, but I do a lot of backpacking/hiking/camping so it's right up my alley.

The show is called Alone. I just finished season 3. Basically, it's a reality show, without any of the scripted "reality". The premise is, 10 people are literally dropped off in the middle of nowhere with 10 items of their choosing plus a medical kit and lifejacket provided by the show. They are given camera equipment, gopro's etc...and film all their own daily activities. However, these are people that have to prove themselves to be true survivalists. They go through a "boot camp" type scenario where 20+ people are chosen to show the experts on the show that they can hunt, make fire, build traps, build shelters, etc etc...This is no Survivor. This is a grueling, sometimes painful show to watch, and it's 100% real with no added drama. Some of these people literally starve themselves to near death and don't give up. They are dropped off in places like Patagonia and the wilderness of Vancouver. And, and this is the kicker, they are all alone. They are separated and because they are filming themselves, they are truly all alone.

Anyhow, and like I mentioned before, I like to be outdoors so I have an interest in what these people are doing. I was lucky enough to attend SERE training while in the Marine Corps, and I have to admit, these people are equaling or bettering the training I had. (In regards to the survival parts...not the evasion, resist, and escape part.) However, I think even if you hate everything about the outdoors most people would find this show fascinating.

ToddPhin and Paul 13 like this.
  10. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm going to totally check that out. I love these survivalist shows and I hadn't heard of this one. And I watch the History channel from time to time, so they must do a poor job of promoting it on their own channel. The Curse of Oak Island intrigues the hell out of me. And I need to get going on Vikings, heard that is great.

danmarino likes this.
  11. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    So I know someone working on True Detective Season 3. If you loved S1 and wasn't impressed with S2... you're gonna love S3. You've been warned.

Ludacris, Den54 and ToddPhin like this.
  12. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I had not heard of it either. I was actually on YouTube looking for reviews of some backpacking gear and I saw a channel from a guy talking about how to build a fire and keep it going for 50 straight days. I watched it and in the video he mentioned that this was what he did on the show Alone. He seemed like a really likeable guy and I was curious so I looked up the show on Hulu. It's a great show.

Here is the before and after photos of one of the contestants:

upload_2018-8-24_10-26-22.png
    upload_2018-8-24_10-27-1.png

Dude lost like 35% of his body weight.

Paul 13 likes this.
  13. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I watched the seasons where it was based on Vancouver Island as I have lived there and spend parts of the year there. Been to the area where they filmed it quite a bit, and it is as depicted.

Paul 13 and danmarino like this.
  14. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    not a doctor, but it's not healthy to lose that much weight that quickly. damaging some organs there.

15. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    True. This guy said it took him about 6 months to get back to feeling normal again.

16. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Burned through 6 or 7 episodes of Jack Ryan. Meeting expectations thus far.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  17. phinswolverinesrockets

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    "Ozark" Season 2 is out today on Netflix. Im going to be binge watching it this week. I really liked Season 1.

18. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    You best be right! If it sucks you have to wear a Tom Brady Jersey everyday for a month.

19. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Ironfist season 2 out on sept 9 for netflix

20. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Just saw the new Magnum PI commercial.
    Guess they decided to do away with a proper casting director. That kid's nothing like the original iconic character that Tom Selleck brought to life! It's like they didn't spend so much as a minute watching Selleck in the role. The original Magnum is a magnetic 6'4 alpha-male ladies-man who exudes confidence & swagger. He's got an edge to him. Jay Hernandez OTOH is a short soft-looking nerdy-ish dude who looks like he should be working for Internal Affairs or something unexciting like that. Total dichotomy here.

21. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Just a Guy Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Excited that The Witcher is actually in production by Netflix as a show, and I like the casting as Henry Cavill as Geralt. Hopefully they're at least trying to cast Eva Green as Yennifer.