1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Respect for Tim Tebow - A Man I wish I was.

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Dorfdad, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Im not going to try and justify my new love for Tim Tebow as a Player I do like the guy even being an FSU fan I cant help but root for the Kid with the Solid Gold Heart.. In an era of selfishness and gangster wanna bee's this Man is a shinning example of Humanity for the most part... I am sure he's not a saint, but he does more good than most of us in our lifetime.. Check out this read from ESPN.

Full article here.. God Speed Tebow I'm pulling for you.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455943/believing-tim-tebow

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    that is really cool.

3. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I don't like the media attention tebow gets. But I respect him as a person, even though he's a dirty gator. I've stopped wishing he'd fail and wish rather the broncos fail, I hate the broncos as well lol. I don't know maybe its time someone good gets attention rather then the trash thats running around in the nfl.

dolphindebby, Tone_E and Ronnie Bass like this.
  4. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    My point man someone needs to change the culture of America and maybe just maybe Tebow can help spread positivity. He can start by eliminating the evil Brady and Belicheck this weekend for one!!

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't know what to make of the media frenzy around him. Its annoying, but he doesn't create it himself or doesn't do it intentionally at least it seems. Great person though.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Same stuff I would be doing. If I were the antichrist. :shifty:

7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    No one denies that he is a genuinely good person, its just the hype that annoys me.

Stitches likes this.
  8. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Anyone who beats the steelers in the playoffs is okay in my book.

PSG likes this.
  9. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    He helped send Rapistberger home early so I'm cool with him.

PSG likes this.
  10. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    This is what's wrong with our society:
    Tim Tebow is more hated than a dog killer and a twice accused rapist. :pity:

firedan and Zippy like this.
  11. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO the polarizing effect of Tebow is based on a couple of things. First, you have all the "experts" who don't understand that most of what a QB contributes to winning is what he does when things break down (rather than what he looks like in a timing offense). They kept trying to tell everybody that Tebow couldn't play in the NFL and then that he couldn't win and now that he can't sustain it. Fans could see that Tebow was a big part of those wins though. But most couldn't explain why so the "experts" (who probably wouldn't listen anyways) just called all the Tebow supporters idiots. Second, you add in the religious aspect where something like 40% of the people who can't explain how he's winning just attribute it to divine intervention. That just further emboldens the critics to call everybody who supports Tebow an idiot. Then you add in the realizations by all these "experts" that Tebow drives ratings through the roof and I expect pressure from TV execs to talk Tebow whether they like it or not and you get added resentment from those talking heads. That feeds the "know it all" types who get all of their information from the TV experts and they attack the supporters even more. The supporters, who like everybody else hate to be told what to do attack back and the whole thing feeds itself.

djphinfan likes this.