1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Planets discovered

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by gafinfan, Nov 14, 2008.

1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Well bust my breeches!!:up:

AT&T

We are not alone.:lol:

2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    britches

dang, that looks like Sauron's "eye", I never would have garnered a planet, much less three of them out of that image. Thanks Ron, I love this stuff.

gafinfan likes this.
  3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Great great stuff. Thanks for sharing Brother Ron. When (If) I ever retire, I want to live on a remote Mountain top where I can Ski and look through a really bad-*** telescope to bide my time. :hi5:

Guess we know they are Scientists and not English teachers :lol:

EDIT: I had to re-read this

Didnt realize you are a LOTR fan Marty :up:

gafinfan likes this.
  4. gafinfan

My secret is out. If I hadn't cheated in class I'd never have passed Spelling, don't you know!!:wink2:

I love this stuff too and really do believe that we are not alone.

Themole likes this.
  5. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    [​IMG]

In the name of Dolphins fans everywhere, I hereby name these new worlds..........Huizenga, Parcells, Ireland, and Sparano. :up:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  6. cnc66

Nov 23, 2007
    Lucky.. I can still see your post. You had the right idea, I am pretty sure it is the effects on the near bodies that allow us to know where to begin looking. I am constantly amazed at how we are able to detect such minute differences in orbits and such. I would love to know how the Celts, Egyptians, Incas, and other early humans managed to see those tiny variations way back when.

Kenny, I read that series.. including the Hobbit and Silmarillion about once a year for twenty plus years maybe. In fact, I had a terrible time with the first movie because I knew every time they deviated dialog or story. Where was Tom Bombadil? Not reading them for several years I was able to enjoy parts two and three but I recognize that I have lost something.. I no longer get comfy and fall into the story anymore with my books because of the movies. The same thing happened with the sci fi series Dune. I haven't read that either since the movies.

unluckyluciano and azfinfanmang like this.
  7. gafinfan

OT

Sorry about the OT guys but I have to ask Marty, which version of Dune did you like the most Marty? The Movie or the SiFi version? I read the book back when I was in the Navy, my best buddy turned me onto it.

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The aliens are gonna be pretty damn confused when they find out that we've been coming up with our own names for their planets.

9. cnc66

Nov 23, 2007
    sci fi hands down. I hated the other version.. I have the directors cut, three dvd set and I like it a lot. I haven't seen Children of Dune yet, but I understand it is the same cast, which to me is good.

gafinfan likes this.
  10. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah, I just think YOU are gonna be upset when you find out those Aliens arent calling earth "Frumundahberg" :up:

11. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Best book series of all time. I've read all eight books of the main series and now I'm working on all the prequels. I saw the original movie and it was bad, really bad, but almost comical in a way. I want to watch the mini-series thing but havent because I know there is no way they can encompass everything in the books. It isn't meant to be a movie or show, there's too much plot and subplot.

ANYWAY it's always exciting to me when we discover new planets, because I see new possibility.

12. cnc66

Nov 23, 2007
    I honestly think you will like this version. It is often filmed as a theater set.. colored lights and such to give it the necessary "strange". They really did a good job of following the story. There is missing Bene Gesserit dialog.. the stuff that fully explains the breeding program and the shortening of the way, but again, there is enough. Yours friends won't look at you like you have a third eye when you try to fill in the details that were impossible to convey without the book. The sandworms are AWESOME. I had no trouble believing them real. They left out some of that stuff but DO cover Pauls obiglatory "I'm now a man" ride. Yueh was perfectly cast, as was Jessica of the Wierding.. hot milf there. Chani is STACKED, and the Princess is just right too, so is her little sex spy she sends to wend secrets from Feyd.

some trailers here

gafinfan likes this.
  13. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Hmm the trailer made it look pretty interesting. The sandworms did look pretty cool I have to admit.

I'll have to look into buying and/or renting it.

cnc66 likes this.
  14. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Yay more planets will never explore wooooooooooooooooo.