New Phins on the Block - Your 2020 Miami Dolphins

16 replies

GalantGalantForum VeteranOP
Mar 18, 2020, 04:35 PM

As the house begins to be built, here's a summary of your new Miami Dolphins, I'll add to this as things go on...

Left to right, top to bottom:

CB Byron Jones, S Clayton Fejedelem, LB Kyle Van Noy
DE Emmanuel Ogbah, DE Shaq Lawson, LB Kamu Grugier-Hill,
RB Jordan Howard, C Ted Karras, G Ereck Flowers


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
Mar 18, 2020, 05:04 PM

"Galant wrote:

As the house begins to be built, here's a summary of your new Miami Dolphins, I'll add to this as things go on...

Left to right, top to bottom:

CB Byron Jones, S Clayton Fejedelem, LB Kyle Van Noy
DE Emmanuel Ogbah, DE Shaq Lawson, LB Kamu Grugier-Hill,
RB Jordan Howard, C Ted Karras, G Ereck Flowers

Which new player has you the most excited?

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

FinatikFinatikStaff
Mar 18, 2020, 05:05 PM

Tom Brady leaving

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2020, 05:53 PM

Seeing comments from other NFC players claiming Brady won't be a big threat there calling the AFC soft. All I have to say is good luck with that.

That's why they play the games!:yes:

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2020, 06:11 PM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

Which new player has you the most excited?

Lawson, Ogbah and Flowers.

I enjoy good line play, on either side. If either of the DE's can cause some havoc and get some sacks I'll be a happy man, and if Flowers continues his upward trend and we see a solid offensive line I'll be even happier.

Here's to a stalwart Dolphins!


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Mar 18, 2020, 08:43 PM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

Which new player has you the most excited?

Jones. Hes the special, frontline starter. Until proven otherwise, I see the rest all as placeholders until a long term answer can be found.

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2020, 09:51 PM

WE ARE KILLING IT!!!!!!!!!!

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Mar 19, 2020, 01:03 AM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

Which new player has you the most excited?

Byron Jones and Elandon Roberts. I loved Roberts in college and was hoping we'd draft him. The Pats did, and when we played them last year, the announcers talked about how much Flores likes him. Shouldn't be surprised we signed him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=HLbaLVgIb8I;t=194

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Phin McCoolPhin McCoolForum Veteran
Mar 19, 2020, 05:19 AM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

Which new player has you the most excited?

Lawson, Ogbah and Jones... and Van Noy.

We are building a monster D. Really looking forward to putting the O pieces together in the draft.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
Mar 19, 2020, 06:07 AM

"MrClean wrote:

Byron Jones and Elandon Roberts. I loved Roberts in college and was hoping we'd draft him. The Pats did, and when we played them last year, the announcers talked about how much Flores likes him. Shouldn't be surprised we signed him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=HLbaLVgIb8I;t=194

After watching that segment on Roberts I want to run through somebody's face!

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Mar 19, 2020, 09:25 AM

I really like our defensive signings. Offensively, Karras was a good get but at one year hard to be excited. Howard and Flowers are meh to me. I'll wait until they show it on the field.

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
Mar 23, 2020, 07:37 AM

This has been out a while, but in case you haven't seen it here is a nice segment talking about the Dolphins off-season moves. A common theme is Flores has earned respect throughout the league which has attracted quality free agents.

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
Mar 23, 2020, 09:04 PM

Good news.

That's why they play the games!:yes:

Kud_IIKud_IIForum Veteran
Mar 24, 2020, 10:28 PM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

Which new player has you the most excited?

Van Noy

Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.

mlb1399mlb1399Forum Veteran
Mar 25, 2020, 07:58 AM

For the first time in a LONG time, I feel good about what Miami is doing.

I think Flores showed he can coach in spite of talent last year. Grier spent the money wisely and has some team friendly contracts outside of Jones. We addressed several needs and still have some cap space to carry forward.

Now if they can execute on the draft, this team could be very good in the next year or two.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Mar 25, 2020, 02:56 PM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

This has been out a while, but in case you haven't seen it here is a nice segment talking about the Dolphins off-season moves. A common theme is Flores has earned respect throughout the league which has attracted quality free agents.

I think that part of the Dolphins being one of the top underrated teams in the league last year can't be overstated- Flores did an amazing job and finished the year with an exclamation point in New England. In some ways, I still think if NE won that game, they make it to the AFC championship and Brady stays....I credit Flores/Fitzpatrick (and Tannehill!) for that whether it's actually deserved or not.

We still have to have a killer draft but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Mar 25, 2020, 09:57 PM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

Which new player has you the most excited?

really good all around versatile player, really good leader...