1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mockdraft

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan40, Nov 17, 2019.

1. dolfan40

dolfan40 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Germany
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    If only that mock came true

3. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    If Tua makes a complete recovery before the draft he'll be picked top 5 at worst IMO. Too many QB needy teams. This mock is like so many you often see at this time of year in that they don't anticipate the run on QB's early in the draft.

So if we want Tua we'll probably need to use our first pick on him and I'd be perfectly fine with that, injury risk or not. I'd rather have a QB with less risk on the ability side and higher risk on the injury side than the other way around.

The Guy likes this.
  4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    His injury is a huge wildcard right now. Between that and the fluctuation of other QB's, mocks are going to be a messy messy business right now. I'd probably go for Diggs over a tackle right now though. Okudah would have to be in play at 4 if we aren't taking a QB and Young is off the board as well, though no complaining about Jeudy.

5. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    After what happened to Bo I think teams are going to be scared. Doesn’t matter if it’s true. If he drops, falls to us and we pick him he may have a chip on his shoulder. Or he may have a chip on his hip and it pops out.

KeyFin likes this.
  6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yea i dont see us going full Alabama with our first three picks.. also this is such a heavy talented receiver draft, no reason to get one in the top 5.. not when Derrick Brown may be there..

And no thanks at Jedrick Wills.. maybe if he falls to the second round..

texanphinatic likes this.
  7. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I actually dont mind a WR high, but if a WR goes that high he'd better be Calvin Johnson/Andre Johnson type talent I can count on for a decade plus. Plus have a non diva mentality.

jdallen1222 and resnor like this.
  8. JIGGAJOE

JIGGAJOE Active Member

Sep 28, 2015
    No way I'm taking WR at 5. Simply not a priority for this team.

9. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    No to Wr, Te or Rb in the first 2 rounds.

Tin Indian likes this.
  10. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    The greatest ability.... is availability.

He won't be recovered by the draft, not even close. Teams won't know the long-term affect of his injury either. You'd have to take a HUGE risk with a prime pick to take him that early. The kind of pick that costs you your job if you're wrong. Maybe a team could trade down to the 10-12 range and then take him though.

Miami has the luxury of waiting till their Steeler pick comes up, or maybe jump ahead of any team that trades down from the top five. We can offer the Steeler and Texan picks in exchange for say #10 and a second rounder. Tough to be outbid unless a team is willing to give up a first in 2021 too.

That said, I'd need to debate whether that would be a trade worth making. Tua carries the 'injury prone' label now and won't shed it until he lasts a couple seasons in the NFL with no more than a game missed here or there (with an ankle sprain or similar type injury).

As for that mock draft? I hate the pick of a WR at #4. It's a luxury pick for a team with lots of needs. Grab OT Wirfs and you have a guy that will contribute on every offensive snap. Or CB Okudah and we have a set of stud CBs. THEN Tua if you must at #15 and then CB Diggs at #26.

11. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I wouldn't say WR isn't a priority on this team. There is nobody on this roster that scares opposing cornerbacks.

brandon27 likes this.
  12. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Not a fan of that mock draft. Too many fundamental issues with this team in the trenches and at QB to be thinking WR with the top pick. I’d rather take OLB/DE or Thomas if he’s available.

13. Deus ex dolphin

Dec 2, 2007
    It's about return on investment. Wirfs would be involved in EVERY offensive snap, run or pass blocking. Jeudy would be involved in what? Half the snaps or so (for the pass plays)? Is he a stud blocker at WR? That would help but again, the blocking of Wirfs is going to matter more.

With just the WR corps we've had this season, give the QB another 1-1.5 seconds to throw and we'll have a good passing attack. That said, I'd love to get a speed WR in the second round to stretch the field more.

Puka-head likes this.
  14. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    It's also about how much better than his peers you feel the player is.

Yeah a LT or RT is involved in every play but if you feel its easier for you to acquire a LT or RT of the draftees caliber that changes things.

Honestly you either have an elite WR or you have a JAG corp and there isnt anything between to me. Either way is fine in the end, you can build your offense either way.

15. Deus ex dolphin

Dec 2, 2007
    Fair enough. I'm arguing in another thread we can rebuild the OL for 2020 through free agency and a trade for Trent Williams. That would free up that draft pick otherwise spent on Wirfs. I'm still not feeling Jeudy at #4, but as long as we can protect our QB, I'm not going to freak out if it came to pass. Honestly, DE would be a much bigger need, but even if we end up looking like the defenseless Chiefs, the games would be more fun to watch than what we have now.

16. Hooligan

Hooligan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Costa Rica
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Tua stay in school for another year at this point. That's what his family wanted him to do before the injury.
    Now, more so than ever I'm sure.

Irishman likes this.
  17. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Can people not see this guy is a chandelier!
    Behind bamas line he can't stay healthy.
    What do u think going to happen when gets here.He won't last a game.This guy if he recovers is going to have a very short career!
    Some peoples bodies are meant for the Nfl!

18. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    He's missed one game until this happened.

He's a sprained ankle and this freak hip thing.

The only people freaking out and saying he's glass are people who never thought he was good anyway.

19. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    The Miami Crimson Tide? The Alabama Dolphins? That mock draft is VERY unrealistic.

20. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    The facts are this.3 surgeries in 2 years.
    Ankle Ankle, now hip.If this isn't an injury concern I don't know what to tell you.

Tin Indian likes this.
  21. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    The last ankle surgery was an elective surgery, to prevent sprains in the future. That is a fact. That counts as much towards his “injury record” as getting his tonsils out. Fact.

Again, you’re over exaggerating the issues because you likely didn’t like him as a prospect before.

22. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I like Tua just fine, but the fact is he is starting to look like there are some legitimate durability concerns. Unless you get him later, I think I'd take someone else.

23. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Oh yeah, again, I love Jeudy but we don't need a receiver at 4 or wherever we will be picking.

24. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    Honestly your analogy is pretty bad.

He had that surgery due to his ankle injuries. If he felt he was prone enough to it to require preventative surgery that certainly counts against his injury history.

No-one is saying he 100% will be hurt again but the bottom line is it doesnt look good when you play two seasons and have fairly serious injuries in both.

Tin Indian likes this.
  25. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    He had surgery due to a sprained ankle. A. Sprained. Ankle. And it was get this now......to prevent future sprained ankles. Treating that as part of the argument that he is more likely to be injured, is in a word....insane.

26. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Yeah. Exactly. WR has to be a priority at some point. Parker is starting to show something which is nice, but it's not enough that you can rely on him. I want a player at WR that can dictate coverage from the opposing D.

That being said, I dont think taking one at #5 overall is solution either with the holes we have to fill. A guy like Jeudy won't do us any good without someone to throw him the ball. Sure, this mock has us taking Tua later, but I just don't see that scenario as being realistic.

Mexphin likes this.
  27. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    We have so much cap space, why not be bidders for Amari Cooper.. the Cowboys wont be able to sign him unless they make some brutal cuts..

28. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    No...because you are misrepresenting the surgery.

It didnt give him a bionic ankle. It made him less likely, as a person with ankle problems, to have further ankle problems.

It didnt give him less chance than a healthy normal person without any previous issues

Again, he isnt the 6 Million Dollar Man. They didnt rebuild him from titanium.

Irishman likes this.
  29. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    By far the last need on this team is wide receiver.

Tin Indian likes this.
  30. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I misrepresenting nothing. Look into it.

31. tirty8

tirty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Here is the flaw in this draft's logic.

If you think Tua is the answer and he appeased your medical staff, you take him with the first pick. With QBs, you can't get cute. It is no secret that Miami is need. In fact, logic tells you that if anything, we should be aggressive and move up to take him EARLIER. Remember, there is only one Tua in the draft, and all it takes is one team to jump us. If we are going to do it, we need to do it with conviction.

Just a side note. I am not a doctor. I am in now way capable of assessing his current capabilities, and I have no idea what his longevity will be as a QB. This situation is unique because you have to marry the scouting department with the medical staff.

texanphinatic likes this.
  32. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    They passed on Drew Brees for medical issues.

Puka-head likes this.
  33. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Well, he did get another sprained ankle though, so....

34. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I would have went with punter as the least needed position.

35. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Team has so much room for upgrade I didn't even consider punter to be a position worth thinking about

KeyFin likes this.
  36. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    Edit: Self deleted. No reason to say what I did.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Fin D and resnor like this.
  37. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I take it all back. We’re good and I apologize for anything I said or did that caused it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Mexphin and resnor like this.
  38. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    What I said was pretty rude of me and I apologize for that.

resnor, Dol-Fan Dupree and Fin D like this.
  39. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Thank you. I have nothing but respect for that. I’m going to delete what I wrote.

40. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    Same, no reason anyone else needs to read my random BS.

resnor, Dol-Fan Dupree and Fin D like this.