1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member from Norfolk, VA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ElNino, Sep 24, 2013.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Hello everybody. i've been posting on here for a few months but figured a formal introduction would be good. My name is Nino, lived up in Hampton Roads VA area since around 1980, originally from the UK. Became a Phins fan when i saw Dan Marino after beating the Bears in 85 on some morning talk show. I was like 8 years old, seemed like a good choice at the time haha. Became a die hard fan ever since...

I remember the fake spike, the Jax playoff game, the Monday nighter vs Jets, Camarillo's season saver, etc. We had an FM99 morning show DJ up here who was a fins fan when Jax killed the fins, the rumor was he went on a bender and ended up in rehab after that game!

Loving this season, and this forum is a great place to talk about it. Lots of folks more knowledgeable than me, good atmosphere, glad to be here!

305 likes this.
  2. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Welcome to the site.That 85 Bears game was my all time favorites .BTW you dot have to be an expert to participate in the discussion.:up:

ElNino likes this.
  3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Thanks Crunchtime, glad to be here. I didn't even see that 85' game, only the talk afterwards. If i'm not mistaken it was good morning america.

I found this post on the web, maybe my memory is not complete jelly after all..
    "This was a huge regular season game, garnering attention from everyone, including Good Morning America. Chicago was mauling everyone in their path, and there was a feeling that if Miami didn’t stop them, nobody could. What made it interesting is that the rifle arm of Marino was protected by a great offensive line, anchored by Dwight Stephenson, and had 2 electrifying receivers in Clayton and Duper. So much fun to watch! Man, NFL football was great in the 80′s,"

CrunchTime likes this.