1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by orangefinfan, Apr 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey everyone, I was hoping that I could get some advice regarding my current work. I am a little over 6'2 and way about 245, maybe a little more. Here is what I am currently doing. M Wand F I go to the gym, do 10 minutes on cardio for warmup then complete two sets of all the circuit machines. Then on T and Thurs I go to the gym and do roughly 40 minutes of cardio. I am eating pretty decently and drinking a lot of water. What I am trying to accoumplish is to lose fat and gain muscle and tone up. Like most guys the fat sits in the abdominal region. Should I continue on this routine or should I flip flop the days of circuits and cardio? Thanks for any advice

2. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    I would go to a Mon-Thurs. lifting routine, with only 2 days max of 'cardio' per week. You are getting more cardiovascular benefit from the strength training than any 'cardio' exercise you can possibly do. Unless you really enjoy it, I might even go down to one day a week. Not only that, but I would recommend viewing the Body by Science videos on Youtube. It explains a lot about losing fat and why intense muscular activity is required to really keep it off easily and effectively.

Sorry this is so short, but I have to get to bed. Post again if you have any other questions after watching the vids. :up:

orangefinfan likes this.
  3. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks for the response! I will definitly watch the videos