1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with a class project. Please watch this video.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by finsincebirth, Oct 1, 2012.

1. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
  2. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Those girls were horrible actors lol and same with the raider fan.

But the dancing to "call me maybe" was kinda hot :lol: (I'm guessin' that was you)

3. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    I wasn't in the video at all, I shot the whole thing. The girls were just some sorority girls who were asked to be obnoxious. All the "actors" were basically friends who didn't mind embarrassing themselves 9n camera.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Another Tom Brady touchdown?

5. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    You could have at least gotten hot ones.

Killer Bees likes this.
  6. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    That's not my fault. The girl in my group picked them, so I blame her. I think she was going for sloppy party girls instead of hot party girls. It's a shame.

Bpk likes this.
  7. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Viral video is as elusive as candy mountain.

8. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

btw Rhett and Link combined Viral Video with promoting businesses better than anyone. I spent four years creating a small web comedy biz that explored various monetizing strategies, including marketing for local businesses. I think Rhett and Link did this model the best though.

Check out their "Red House" ad.
    [video=youtube;vnOyMSEWNTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs[/video]

Their business model: http://ilovelocalcommercials.com/

9. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Honest feedback:

First problem - Call Me Maybe YouTube vids are like apple pie at this point. Everyone is doing it, so if you're going to do it, you better knock it out of the park, and this isn't up to par IMHO.

2nd problem with this video is that too drunk sorority girls are exactly who guys want to meet at sports bars. So that just doesn't make any sense.

3rd premise is a good one, but that needs to be acted out better. I'd suggest filming it in a sports bar. Have a guy trying to just enjoy a beer watching the game and obnoxious sports guy spouting fantasy football nonsense in his ear, clearly annoying him. To really add to it, have obnoxious sports guy checking an iPad for his fantasy scores. And try and get someone with more screen presence if you can.

Since the whole idea of your video is people you don't want to meet at a sports bar, I'd suggest filming all your scenarios in a sports bar. How about the bar you're advertising for? It doesn't really make much sense to have all these people outside of sports bars when you're trying to demonstrate why you wouldn't want to meet them in one. Show why they are obnoxious in the Sports Bar setting. Have these characters annoying someone trying to have a beer and watch a game. Although, once again if you have a guy watching a game who is annoyed at a drunk sorority girl, people are just going to assume he's gay. (not that there's anything wrong with that - Seinfeld).

How about the chatty bartender for a new category? I've been there before. Focused on the game and you have some chatty Cathy bartender chewing your ear off.

BPK is right about viral videos. They can't be manufactured. They happen on accident, but if your project is to try and make one, that can't be helped.

10. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Wasn't going watch until I saw

Was that Mark Cuban?

11. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    I agree about everything you said and about what BPK said about viral videos. The class I was taking was Web Marketing class and there were two folds to this project. Part 1 was executing a google adwords campaign and part two was making a "viral video". The downside to the class is that it only lasted from mid August until this week so there wasn't a lot of time to fit both projects in that short time frame while worrying about other classes. As a result we had about 2 weeks to shoot and edit this video. As I said before the actors were friends who volunteered or could be begged into being into the video. As for the Sorority girls, that's not why people go to this bar. It's basically a craft beer bar with 40 different craft beers on tap. You won't find things like bud, coors or miller but instead cigar city, sweetwater, weinstephaner, southern tier etc. Their target market is a bit of a sophisticated crowd. They don't want the party people. That was supposed to be the point of the video, avoid the obnoxious crowd like these folks in the video and come here. In hindsight the message could have been presented better, but I think most people in Gainesville get it.

Looking back, I would really like to redo this video. I wish I could have more time in the shooting and editing process and also get better actors. Better equipment than my DSLR camera for shooting video would have been nice also. Better locations like you said would also have been nice. In the end, the video is pretty sub par and bad. However I did learn quite a bit about the whole process that goes into making a video like this as well as how to seed it into the community, which I think was the biggest intent of this project. I would like to thank all of you for watching though. We are at 700 views and the next highest group barely has 100.

Bpk likes this.