1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help From My Atlanta Friends

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The Rev, May 5, 2010.

1. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

I am heading into Atlanta this summer to see the Georgia Aquarium with my wife and son. Turns out that the only places in the world that house whale sharks (my son's favorite animal) is either in Okinawa, Japan or Atlanta.

We are planning to stay there for a week in July and need places to stay near the Georgia Aquarium. If anyone can offer affordable hotels in the area, please let me know.

I've tried Google but I just don't know what is good and what is bad.

Please help. Thanks.

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Atlanta
    Rev, there are plenty of choices depending on how close you would like to be and your price range. I work downtown, sometimes at a hotel in the area and depending on the weekend you can get pretty good deals. PM me with some choices and I will let you know what I think is the best and the most bang for your buck.. The aquarium is pretty cool, your son will love it..

3. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I just googled the Georgia Acquarium and I am amazed!! That looks like a great trip and I'm sure your son will enjoy it.

I am thinking of finding my way to Georgia to see it myself.

4. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Rev, try this;

Orbitz has a great search feature where you can enter a specific address and it gives you a list of hotels within the area. You can then sort by distance, price, or star rating.

I did a search for July 12 - 16 and entered the exact address for the GA Acquarium.

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewHotel...z=c8a7&r=cy&z=c8a9&r=d0&lastPage=interstitial

You can now find the right hotel for your taste and budget. This great search feature helps you (and me when I travel frequently) find nice hotels a great prices. You can even get full information on the hotels with pictures of rooms, whether a breakfast is included, if any parking fees are present, etc.

Good luck and have fun, looks like a nice trip! :up:

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Just saw an Animal Planet show featuring the place, looks insane. Keeping 2 whale sharks must be some kind of crazy. Have fun man, should be awesome!