need advice, workplace sitation. (HR/legal?)

48 replies

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jan 11, 2014, 09:13 AM

"Sethdaddy8 wrote:

That doesn't compute. Who can be late 24 times? I am assuming there are other infractions here. Maybe he got like 8 points once for showing up late AND drunk.

How many points does pooping in the copier tray get you?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

McLovinMcLovinForum Veteran
Jan 11, 2014, 09:23 AM

"Sethdaddy8 wrote:

That doesn't compute. Who can be late 24 times? I am assuming there are other infractions here. Maybe he got like 8 points once for showing up late AND drunk.

how many points for forgetting to take off the strap on?

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 11, 2014, 02:18 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

He said he used a "pass" those days you ignorant tool.

:pity:

OOOOH Look at the big brains on SituationJr

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jan 11, 2014, 02:54 PM

"phinsational wrote:

OOOOH Look at the big brains on SituationJr

My abs are better..

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 11, 2014, 03:58 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

My abs are better..

especially when they're filled with pumpkin pie poptarts.

McLovinMcLovinForum Veteran
Jan 11, 2014, 05:39 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

My abs are better..

a healthy shade of orange

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Jan 12, 2014, 09:03 AM

Holy **** this thread went from zero to pants-on-head re****** really quick. Bomb threats... poptarts.... pooping in the copier... strapons...Wouldnt expect much less. I love you guys lol. I'll answer a few questions that were asked... Just to kind of clear the air here i was not late 24 times and I'm sorry for not being descriptive enough.. I've been very unlucky and late a few times but I've also gotten pretty major hits for stuff beyond my control. For examples sake I've had 3 family members pass in which i left early on the days i found out to go comfort the rest of my family. I've had to leave early to take my gf to the hospital a few times for random incidents. Each one of those occurrences was 2-3 points a pop. There is a lot more to it then i listed in the OP because that wasnt my point (lol) so I just said " late related".. It sucks but it is what it is...... A few of you asked about getting the points back down. If you're flawless for 30 days then it goes down 4 points. I've just been unfortunate enough lately to go perfect for 2-3 weeks at a time and then something happens.... I'm going to do everything I can for the next 30 to at least get me out of a final warning... also.. I'm in Florida. ... I appreciate the responses guys...... Most of them. :lol:


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Jan 12, 2014, 09:09 AM

"Ronnie Bass wrote:

I hate to say this but it sounds like they are just looking for a reason to fire you. Do you get along with your bosses or are they unhappy with you for something?

Basically... we are a team of 4 people in a remote site under a pretty verbally abusive supervisor who gets away with murder because there is nothing we can do. Our corporate office is 2 hours away. Whenever a problem comes up who is HR going to believe? Not us. We were a team of 10 people. Multiple people went head to head with him and thus there were 4 of us left. It puts us all in a really bad situation but we do what we can. I love my job. I'd do it forever under any other boss sadly. But a lot of times it does seem like they are doing anything they can to get us fired to close down this site and save the money. In that scenario my scum bag of a boss would get to work from home. I'm not a bad employee, my production has always been top tier in this company. I took the promotion offered to me to move 2 hours away in the middle of no where and take this job in the first place. That was 2 years ago. Sadly I didn't heed the warnings of others about this site and the boss.. and there Is no room for any kind of advancement now.. not even laterally. I regret it. I would have stayed home in broward for less money AND higher cost of living, had I knew.


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jan 12, 2014, 09:49 AM

"dcafiero wrote:

Basically... we are a team of 4 people in a remote site under a pretty verbally abusive supervisor who gets away with murder because there is nothing we can do. Our corporate office is 2 hours away. Whenever a problem comes up who is HR going to believe? Not us. We were a team of 10 people. Multiple people went head to head with him and thus there were 4 of us left. It puts us all in a really bad situation but we do what we can. I love my job. I'd do it forever under any other boss sadly. But a lot of times it does seem like they are doing anything they can to get us fired to close down this site and save the money. In that scenario my scum bag of a boss would get to work from home. I'm not a bad employee, my production has always been top tier in this company. I took the promotion offered to me to move 2 hours away in the middle of no where and take this job in the first place. That was 2 years ago. Sadly I didn't heed the warnings of others about this site and the boss.. and there Is no room for any kind of advancement now.. not even laterally. I regret it. I would have stayed home in broward for less money AND higher cost of living, had I knew.

Solution sounds simple to me....Got to get rid of your boss.

A lot of bad things happen to people everyday, maybe a little muratic acid accidentally finds it's way Into to his coffee, perhaps pay a hooker to seduce him off hours...video tape it and threaten to show his wife, loosening up some lug nuts on his tires sounds nice also.

Take control, take control of your destiny.

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Jan 12, 2014, 10:03 AM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Solution sounds simple to me....Got to get rid of your boss.A lot of bad things happen to people everyday, maybe a little muratic acid accidentally finds it's way Into to his coffee, perhaps pay a hooker to seduce him off hours...video tape it and threaten to show his wife, loosening up some lug nuts on his tires sounds nice also.Take control, take control of your destiny.

Its simple.... We kill the batman.


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

shula_guyshula_guyNew Member
Jan 12, 2014, 10:16 AM

"dcafiero wrote:

Its simple.... We kill the batman.

What are you... Some kind of a Joker

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

Frederic Bastiat

Jan 12, 2014, 01:47 PM

While I can not condone murder, (even if I do understand it :wink2:) that may be your only call. There may be a more pro management state in the United States than Florida but I am not aware of it. Florida labor law doesn't let the employer draw AND quarter you but I think they have the choice of one or the other!

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Jan 12, 2014, 06:12 PM

As maddening as this is going to sound...

If you really like this job Id be perfect. As in first there and last to leave. Even douchebag bosses recognize effort. I would constantly ask the boss for more work and make it so impossible for them to get rid of you that they had no choice but to promote you. There was an employee like that in my company where he was on his final warning and he flipped it around on them. If you really like your job suck it up and fight for it. And hopefully the life will quit dealing you BS :)

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jan 12, 2014, 07:08 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

As maddening as this is going to sound...

If you really like this job Id be perfect. As in first there and last to leave. Even douchebag bosses recognize effort. I would constantly ask the boss for more work and make it so impossible for them to get rid of you that they had no choice but to promote you. There was an employee like that in my company where he was on his final warning and he flipped it around on them. If you really like your job suck it up and fight for it. And hopefully the life will quit dealing you BS :)

I should've consulted you before voluntarily leaving a $30 an hour job. :pity:

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Jan 12, 2014, 08:15 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

I should've consulted you before voluntarily leaving a $30 an hour job. :pity:

Apparently. Never knew I was a guidance counselor here at TP as well as chief mod. :lol:

shula_guyshula_guyNew Member
Jan 12, 2014, 08:44 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

Apparently. Never knew I was a guidance counselor here at TP as well as chief mod. :lol:

Can you recommend a good school

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

Frederic Bastiat

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jan 12, 2014, 08:45 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

Apparently. Never knew I was a guidance counselor here at TP as well as chief mod. :lol:

Your an all purpose message board contributor.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Jan 13, 2014, 12:01 AM

"shula_guy wrote:

Can you recommend a good school

School of Hard Knocks? :nutkicker:

Jan 13, 2014, 06:23 AM

You should give yourself a badge "Chief cat herder"

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jan 13, 2014, 11:21 AM

Hey Boik, my boss has skewed my schedule and know I have to work with an annoying know it all.

How should I handle this?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

McLovinMcLovinForum Veteran
Jan 13, 2014, 11:44 AM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Hey Boik, my boss has skewed my schedule and know I have to work with an annoying know it all.

How should I handle this?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Stop talking to FinD and log out. :shifty:

Jan 13, 2014, 01:45 PM

Hey folks, this is a good joke but there is a serious problem in this thread. Let's stay on the topic at hand, OK?

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Jan 13, 2014, 02:14 PM

"shula_guy wrote:

Can you recommend a good school

B.S. University?

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Jan 13, 2014, 02:15 PM

on point, yeah if you like the job, you should probably just suck it up. Unless you can go through your employee handbook and find something there that shows they f-ed up, that you could bring to their attention, you probably can't do much about it.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.