1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need A New Diet

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by slickj101, Dec 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I've come to the conclusion that my diet is probably holding me back a little bit with lifting and my health in general.

I'll be the first to say that my current diet is pretty close to ****. I basically eat whatever I want and can somewhat get away with it because I'm relatively young and I workout quite a bit. I don't have a very consistent diet but I'll do my best to describe it.

Current diet:

Breakfast: Big bowl of cereal in the morning

Lunch: Anything from pasta, steak, hot dogs, pizza, pork chops, potatoes, rice, etc.

Dinner: Repeat lunch

Snacks: Chips, ice cream, candy here and there, whatever other crap I come across

I eat snacks pretty much whenever throughout the day.

One of my big problems is if I miss a meal or I'm just really hungry, I'll sit down and destroy a huge steak and a few lbs of mashed potatoes or a monster bowl of spaghetti and then be so full I won't eat again for quite awhile. From what I read, I would be much better served eating smaller portions more often.

My other problem is that I barely eat fruits and vegetables. I'll have a salad every once in awhile when I'm at my gf's house (didn't realize how that sounded til I read it again) but aside from that, the closest I get is potatoes.

So basically I'm looking for any suggestions as to what I should do to switch up my diet. Make that in depth suggestions, I've seen a food pyramid, etc.

I also hear that eggs are really good for body builders if anyone has some info on that. Maybe I should consider taking a multi-vitamin as well. I'm not a body builder but I do lift quite a bit. I'm 5"10 and usually 195-200lbs.

O yea, the few things that I actually do right are drink a ton of water and a good amount of milk. That and I don't booze very much anymore and gave up the ganj awhile back.

Thanks in advance.

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I drink a decent amount of coffee too which I hear just does wonders.

3. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    I'll get back to you later on today after I come up w/ something comprehensive.:up:

slickj101 likes this.
  4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Thanks man. If you need any info let me know. Keep in mind, I'm a poor college student who uses the majority of his grocery money on steak.

5. JCowScot

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    :lol: I'll keep that in mind. Although, you might want to start switching to more pink fish(salmon, tuna, etc). Still loads of protein, but with loads of omega-3 fatty acids, which are good stuff for your heart and circulatory system.:up:

slickj101 likes this.
  6. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I'm in your boat too. Except I don't eat tons of steak I eat tons of ground beef.

I started taking these fish pills. "Omega-3 Fish Oil 2400 MG". They're even mercury free! :lol: You can get them at wal-mart. Are these things worth it? I mean I know real fish is better but is this good for those of us that don't like the taste of fish?

7. JCowScot

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    Yes, it's worth it. But pairing them up with a L-Carnatine supplement will make them even more effective -it's all about preventative maintenance.:yes: