1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ndamukong Suh

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by my 2 cents, Dec 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    I have not looked specifically at prospects on the games I have taped or watched other than the QB's and have watched more for entertainment than anything ....but can anyone give me one slight small thing to dislike about Suh....this is a monster. Maybe he has a kryptonite allergy or something........................seriously just one small thing..............

2. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    The name.

adamprez2003 and unluckyluciano like this.
  3. huskerfin

huskerfin Season Ticket Holder

Jan 13, 2008
    Well sitting here in Nebraska, the 1 BIG dislike we have, is he only has 1 more game for us. :cry:
    Best part about the guy, from everything Ive read/heard, he seems like hes just as good a guy off the field, as on the field.

gunn34 likes this.
  4. Prime Time

Prime Time New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I don't break down the tape and evaluate the guys skillset but I can tell when a player on the field is better than everyone else. We saw that on a grand stage Saturday Night; this guy just made himself a lot of money.

gunn34 and adamprez2003 like this.
  5. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Suh made himself a lot of money at the start of last season. This didn't happen overnight. I was talking about him last season and was writing about him in the Sentinel in January. I've been doing this draft thing a long time and the memory is going a little, but I think he's the best defensive lineman I've ever seen in college football and at the moment I'm struggling to think of a better defensive player fullstop.

gunn34 and my 2 cents like this.
  6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    On the field, he's a pain in the ***, so he's one off the field as well? :pointlol:

huskerfin likes this.
  7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Iam on the record saying he's the best dlineman prospect ever.

Boomer called it first.made a thread i believe

Boomer and my 2 cents like this.
  8. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    You want a criticism? That's easy!

He's too good.

Boomer, Stitches and my 2 cents like this.
  9. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Spelling his first name is a disaster. On the field not much criticism. my only problem is we couldn't clone him to play safety and ilb.

10. Prime Time

Prime Time New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Boomer, I fully agree with you. He reminds me of Charles Woodson coming out of Michigan

11. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Wikipedia says that he practices his footwork by stepping on baby rabbits..... and then he feeds them a pork sword sandwich. :shifty:

adamprez2003 likes this.
  12. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

With a guy like this...anyone make the trade up to get him at 1?
    Posted via Mobile Device

ToddsPhins and djphinfan like this.
  13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    He will be a top 3 pick.

How much would Detroit like to have him as part of their young core..

Cleveland? Rogers issues? Hope not I hate that sh-thole

St.Louis? Chris Long has been average as has Adam Carriker will they take another DL?

Tampa Bay? Defensive coach think they have their QB?? Could be a nice fit

14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I have one complaint/unflattering observation about Suh:

He maybe relies on his Athleticism/Burst a bit too much, he was knocking over Texas Olineman like bowling pins that was more a case of physical mismatches than technique.

As for his NFL future, #1 overall, unless a team is just starved for a Qb, and imho the coach who puts him at NT is a moron, Suh imvho is the rarest of beasts, a 3-4 DE who can dominate against the run and pass from Day 1.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  15. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    I hope he goes to the Bucs or Lions.

djphinfan likes this.
  16. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I hope the Patsies trade their entire draft for him to replace Seymour & help restore their defensive line to dominance. Wait.... What???
    Posted via Mobile Device

17. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I have a problem with him. He has no forced fumbles! Guy is a bum and always dropping into coverage to get int's. Oh wait never mind

18. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Does 'pork sword' have the same meaning there as it does here?

19. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    High praise indeed. I'm kind of surprised to hear you say that, but after reflecting upon that comment Suh has to be up there, he's flat out dominant. Not that we have to worry about it, but I wonder if a 3/4 team would put him at the nose, move him to DE or actually convert to a 4/3 to accomodate his talent. Maybe I'm reaching here, but I have to wonder about a guy going 305 playing the nose. He's a special player and I wonder if putting him at 3/4 NT would be a mistake in terms of maximizing his talent.

That being said, dude is a great player. My hunch is that any team drafting at the top who needs a QB will be making a huge mistake if they drafted Jimmy Claussen over Suh. It's just one of my hunches , but I think that Claussen has huge bust potential. My opinion of him is tainted by previous years, but even as good as his stats are this year, I look at him and wonder if his game will translate well into the NFL. There's just something about him that doesn't sit well with me.

20. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    I think Suh could play all three positions. Clearly he can be a DT in a 4-3 and clearly he has the speed and ability to play the run to be a DE in a 3-4 but I think he has the leverage and power to be a NT in a 3-4 although I think it's a mistake to play him there because whilst he's tremendously disciplind anyway, you're taking away something from his game by asking him to be a full time oak in the middle.

I think Clausen gets a rough gig. The more I watch, the more I like. This is a kid that has familial pressure to succeed from the start and he's dealt with it. High school number 1 and he's dealt with it. Going to Notre Dame and he's dealt with it. Every single collegiate game on National TV and he's dealt with it. Working under the man responsible for Tom Brady and he's dealt with it. Got better every year, worked in a pro style offense for three years, eliminates issues from his game season upon season. Does he still have some questions? Yep, for sure. But to me he's the best of the bunch.

21. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    If 'over there' it means forging Miss Piggy into Excalibur and then slappin her between 2 slices of hearty Texas Toast while dousing her with yummy Carolina BBQ sauce......... then no, it doesnt have the same meaning.

'Here' there's usually a fly involved..... which someone may or may not hear going down..... hence, consequently, is the same reason Scottsmen wear kilts. :shifty:

Boomer likes this.
  22. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Some of the most excellent points that could be made in favor of Clausen, although I couldn't draft anyone who sounds like my favorite pickle. LOL

QB is about talent, but IMO it's equally (if not more so) about mentality, which Mr. Pickle seems to have. Since he's only a Junior, I'm looking at how much he's improved to this point like you stated, Boom. If he's been steadily improving, then there's no reason to assess him as if he's a plateau'd, finished product. <adding to what you said>
    Posted via Mobile Device

23. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I don't know. I'd take Bradford or McCoy over Claussen. Personally, and take it for what it's worth because I've only seen a bit of him while taking a look at Gilyard, I'd rather draft Pike in the 3rd or wherever than give Claussen some ridiculous money as a high 1st. He's playing in a pass happy Charlie Weiss offense with Tate, that other stud underclassmen WR, and at least one good TE, maybe two. Did you see that one ND TE track down that guy going for the endzone on the blocked kick a week or 2 ago? Wow.

Claussen has size and he looks accurate, I'll give him that. But unless he in fact made a massive quantum leap from previous years I'd look at him from his entire Notre Dame body of work and factor in the enviable weapons that he's working with and the fact that's he's been coached up to a ridiculous extent since high school. In all likelihood he won't have a situation in the pros as he enjoys now where his receivers are dominating the opposing DBs. He just rubs me the wrong way, and personally I'd shy away from him in the first round. Just my opinion.

Locker- I've only seen bits and pieces and his arm looks very good and his athleticism stands out immediately. But QB one year wonders give me pause. The template that comes to mind for athletic one year wonders, PAC 10 included, is Akili Smith. That didn't work out so well. McCoy, Bradford- I like them, don't love them. But if I was the GM of a crappy team in need of a QB I'd go for one of those two or hope to land Ponder next year.

Claussen vs Suh- not even close in my book to the dilemma facing the Dolphins last year with Ryan v Long. Go with Suh and don't look back.

djphinfan likes this.
  24. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Todd, I don't think he's close to the finished product and what I like about him in 2009 is that he's made improvement THROUGH the year. He's a better QB down the stretch against Pitt and UCONN and Stanford than he was at the outset.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  25. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    I think you're being a tad unfair to Clausen. If you sat down and watched 5 or 6 games from this year, you'd be impressed.

And Locker isn't a one year wonder. Despite his atrocious team a year ago, he looked like a future high pick.

26. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Clausen has impressed me the times Ive seen him play. Reports saying Locker is staying.

27. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Pennington's Rocket Arm New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    it's probably just that he's an arrogant SOB who plays for Notre Dame. talent-wise, he's one of the best.

28. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Locker's applied to the Advisory Committee so we'll see.

29. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'd take Claussen, to me he is the most NFL ready Qb, he "thinks" NFL when he ran the offense at ND, McCoy and Bradford will have to be coached up to play in the NFL after playing Spread in college.

30. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    That could be. I'm not saying that Claussen isn't good, just that I don't see him as a top ten pick. I watch him and I see an accurate QB with a good not great arm who has probably maxed out his ability more than most. I look at him and wonder how much of a better prospect he is than Danny Kanell was at FSU. Speaking of FSU, I'd take Ponder over Claussen in a heartbeat.

Locker- hard to argue with you. He looked so damn quick and athletic when I saw him, nice arm, too. I never saw him play last year, so I'll stand corrected if he played well last year.

Jevan Snead- a guy who I have been giving the benefit of the doubt, I know that you're not a big fan. He's got a nice compact delivery, but one thing that I noticed recently is that he kind of pushes the ball as opposed to snapping off a nice throw. There's a little Wuerfell in that delivery but not nearly as bad. Wuerfell's delivery was attrocious.

The bottom line is that I wouldn't take Claussen in the top ten and throw big money at him. He's a well schooled, efficient player who has some serious weapons that he's throwing to who do a lot to help make him look good. Just my opinion, we'll see how he does in the pros.

31. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    He met Sarkesian on Monday and Sark told him that if he stayed, they would focus on the fundamentals so that he would be the #1 pick in 2011.

32. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yep, I've read/heard about that. Should be interesting. I believe Sarkisian came out saying he was "optimistic" about Locker coming back.

33. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Well he'd better make a decision soon. I'm not going to do three more games of Locker's unless he's coming out.

34. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Clausen's arm is legit. The measuring stick is the out to the wide side of the field and Claussen throws it better than any high ranking draft eligible QB because not only is it smoking when it arrives, it's also accurate.

35. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I can't let the image of Clausen go from last year where he grew his hair out long but he had a receding hair line up top. Looked like a mullet. Very disturbing.

Suh is making himself a lot of money eh. I like this time of year when we get to start focusing on the top prospects, and we're in the playoff hunt.

36. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    One thing to dislike about Suh? He's so awesome that when he steps into the room, he makes you feel irrelevant.

......Dang Suh!

37. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Honestly, he could be the best all round prospect - on field and off field of the past decade.

38. Prime Time

Prime Time New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I'd trade our whole draft for Suh. Call me crazy but that is the type of difference maker that makes good teams great.

39. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Pennington's Rocket Arm New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    it's he and Calvin Johnson in a footrace.

the Lions could wind up with both. that'd be impressive.