1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC Miami: Double-Crossing Crowder: I Like Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Read the rest: HERE

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    What's worse right now: liking Rex Ryan or liking Joey Porter?

jetssuck likes this.
  3. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Sheesh, can't anybody take a joke anymore???
    Sarcasm shields must be up I guess.

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

C'mon man, Rex is a players' coach. Most players will like him. Crowder is right though, he's really funny. If the press could have heard some of the things that Jimmie Johnson used to say in the locker room....It would make Rex look tame... That brashness is just a show to take pressure off his players...there's a line, and he tends to cross it sometimes. He hasn't figured out he's a HC just yet as far as the press is concerned. He'll learn. In the mean time, he is fun to follow...

That in no way indicates that I like the jests or every will...but Rexy is fun to listen to either way...

5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Whessh...I thought you said "looking like Rex" instead of liking Rex....

6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I liken Rex Ryan to that relative that nobody pays attention too, and is always yapping about how everything he has is better than everything you have. Honestly he act is old, he yaps when his team beats somebody, anybody, like they are the all-world team, and they are going to crush every team in the league. The Jets are a nice team, but they are not as good as people make them out to be, and their flaws were clearly apparent against Indy...Their defense while good, isn't this amazing defense, and must keep them in the game because their offense simpy doesn't score enough or possess the quick play ability.

Ohh and Crowder can go play for Rex, trade us a draft pick Rex!!!!

7. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    If I was an employee and got to work for Sparano or Rex Ryan I would probably rather work for Rex Ryan. He is an idiot and cocky but he obviously puts a lot of effort into allowing his players to have fun.

8. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    This doesn't surprise me. They're the same mentality and personality. They both write checks that their *** can't cash.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  9. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Obviously I 'hate' Rex Ryan because he's the loudmouth coach of the Jets and everything. But this kind of stuff is hilarious. I like it.

What I don't like is when he doesn't give the opponent credit or respect. Nobody is going to like that. But the rest of it is funny and I actually enjoy it.

The stuff on Strikeforce the other night......it rubbed me raw that they gave him a mic and a national TV platform in Miami. But I didn't have any problem with what he actually said, or flipping the bird. :lol:

10. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    An employee yes, but to be a player under him, no. I've had coaches who were the coolest guys in the world, but that hindered their ability. Rex's arrogance cost his team some games this year, even if the end result was the conference title game.

11. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Rex brought his team to the playoffs with a rookie quarterback... in his first year. You can't downplay making the conference title game like that.

MrClean likes this.
  12. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    i just want porter and crowder out...just not worth the headaches

13. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I'm not downplaying it completely, but let's be real here. Rex said it himself when he stated that they were out of the playoffs after that loss to Atlanta. The last two games were a joke.

But as long we we're discussing what he did, how about his arrogance in the first Miami game when he refused to use his timeouts because "he knew the Dolphins wouldnt score". Not to mention he let Sanchez throw the ball all over the place after their three game win streak to start the season.

It was only after he told Sanchez to do his best Trent Dilfer impersonation that the Jets started winning again, and even that didn't matter until the Colts and Bengals decided they didn't care about winning.

muscle979 and Frumundah Finnatic like this.
  14. phinagan

phinagan New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Respect is earned period, and credit for accomplishing something from one such as Ryan is shallow at best.

15. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Channing is always good for a funny.

16. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    On sirius yesterday Channing said he would love to kick his *** in a fight. So, in the end... he might like him, but he'd also love to beat the hell out of him.

17. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    This is the classic, "you wouldn't of won if this or that didn't" happen mentality. But a win is a win no matter what this or that is said. Just like that fact where I would of traded the Jets sweeping us but we winning the division & playing for the AFC title game against the Colts instead.

18. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    :crapstrom:

19. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Eh if we played the Colts week 16 we would have beat them as well. Sure it's "If this" and "If that" but I dont see a problem with that if they are legitimate ifs.

late again likes this.
  20. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    To be honest, he inherited a pretty good team. You could see it back then.

The great OL was there. The running game was there. Hell, Thomas Jones led the AFC in rushing in 2008. Same OC and same special teams coach.

The defensive personnel was largely in place. Jenkins and Revis and Kerry Rhodes were all there, along with the other linebackers. To reiterate, he had best NT, the best corner and a Top 5 safety already in place.

He brought in Bart Scott, Jim Leonhard and Lito Sheppard via trade. That's pretty much it. Scott and Leonhard weren't going anywhere else.

Rex is a fantastic defensive coach. And I give him credit for getting where he got them. But he didn't inherit the 2007 Dolphins or Falcons (post-Vick). So my enthusiasm is tempered a bit.

21. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Naturally, I hate Rex Ryan because he's the head coach of the New York Jets. But keeping it real as a FOOTBALL fan in general, I think he's ****ing awesome and I'd love to have him as my head coach!

22. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Without Rex Ryan, the Jets wouldn't have been in the playoffs. He made that defense into something very scary! He made the playoffs without Jenkins too.