National Do Not Call List...

7 replies

54Fins54FinsForum VeteranOP
Jul 27, 2008, 08:33 AM

For those of you who did'nt know this already.

Cell Numbers Go Public Tomorrow

REMINDER....all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing

companies tomorrow and you will start to receive sale calls.

....YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your

time

It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell

phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different

phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

It takes about 20 seconds, but you must call from the number you want blocked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Jul 27, 2008, 09:12 AM

Isnt this kindve old news bro?

Good thing to pass along..thanks, and good to see you in here :up:

like2godlike2godLuxury Box
Jul 27, 2008, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the info

I always tell them that I'm on the Do Not Call List and listen to them squirm and apologize up and down. :lol:


I love you Mom, you are the greatest woman that I've ever known.

calphincalphinNew Member
Jul 27, 2008, 10:55 AM

ffic...posted this about a month back.:up:


Thanks Gish

STStrazNew Member
Jul 27, 2008, 10:57 AM

That's dumb that you get charged for a telomarketer call.

charlestonphancharlestonphanNew Member
Jul 27, 2008, 11:01 AM

it may be old news, but it is "new" news to me, and i try to follow the news and keep up with current events, but it has been a hectic month.

so, thanks for the heads up.

R.I.P. Scott Knight; Dec. 1968 - Dec. 2007

Colorado DolfanColorado DolfanNew Member
Jul 27, 2008, 11:34 AM

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

False.

I thought it was... Working in Directory Assistance, I'm pretty sure we would've known about this...

Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...

...get happy.

-Cam Wake

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Jul 27, 2008, 12:21 PM

Just in case you want to do this, I highly recommend it for your home phone, and cell phones.

https://www.donotcall.gov/


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!