1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Take on our AFC East Rivals

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by NoCalFinFan, Jan 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. NoCalFinFan

NoCalFinFan ALLLLRIGHT MIAMI!!!

Dec 27, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Nothing warms my cockles more than seeing the Cheatriots get what they deserve. Their fair weather fans bailing after the first quarter, and Bellicheat proving he can't win without cheating. The Cheater's implosion has begun and I'm gonna love seeing the Boston media slowly rip apart that arrogant JackAs that make that team what it is. While they will still remain a dangerous team (as opposed to a doormat), I just don't see them being a lock for anything in years to come.

As much as I hate to say it, the Jest are doing it the right way - building through defense, and relying on the talent they have on offense to get by. However, as long as there are Jest fans and that overweight blowhard that personifies them coaching that team, I just can't bring myself to respect the Jest. They got into playoffs through the back door, and I'm comforted in the knowledge that they aren't as good as a any of the other teams left. Bonus for us is that they just screwed the pooch by beating Cincy - in the coming uncapped year as they now have a bunch of FA restrictions they wouldn't have if they lost. IMO, this is the best they are going to be for a while, and we'll be seeing a lot more of Rex Ryan's red face crying.

The Bills. They have a whole new cast of coaches next year. They will let go their best play - TO, which isn't saying much. They seem like a potential doormat for years to come.

I think we have a good shot at winning the East for years to come.:up:

MikeHoncho likes this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Amen

3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Say what you want about Ryan, but the players love him and love playing for him. He takes all the heat and deflects it from his players.

I can't help but think that if he was are coach we would love his talking.

Regarding the Pats, they are in decline, but they also have a bunch of high round draft picks the next two years, they are retooling.

I look at it this way, I can't worry about what my division rivals are doing, we need to focus on our team. Can't worry about what the Jets, Bills and Pats are doing. we need to follow the plan that was laid out by Parcells and Ireland.

gafinfan and Frumundah Finnatic like this.
  4. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    AFC East is wide open. Next year will be very interesting. I love where our are team is, and where the division is. If we weren't ridiculously plagued by injury, we;d have won the division again. next year, i'll be a bit surprised if we dont. this year, i wasnt expecting much, considering we still need key players and had a brutal schedule.

5. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    The thing is I'm not sure this is correct or maybe I should say will effect them very much. Here is a report from Bleacher Report that states:

Full story here.

So they can sign one large contract and as many small ones as they want. Not a big deal really.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  6. NoCalFinFan

NoCalFinFan ALLLLRIGHT MIAMI!!!

Dec 27, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Why is that not a big deal? Its an uncapped year, and the entire FA market will be inflated. The Jest can only out bit other teams on one only player. After that, their hands are tied. That is huge.

7. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Hopefully the pats dont hit good on the draft now. Their record shows that they will more than likely nail it.:sad:

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    It was a thing of beauty so see them get beat!

dolphindebby likes this.
  9. Caps

Caps Movimiento Juvenil

Mar 23, 2008
    Their last few drafts have been average.

10. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    They've been below average. Their recent players simply turn out to be decent starters outside of Mayo. The Patriots have serious problems, more than the Jets at the moment. I really hope Sanchez doesn't turn out to be a good quarterback. That defense is tough.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  11. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    A common misconception really. They arent terrible, but they certainly arent incredible either. They are average drafters.e

12. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Even Mayo hasnt been great this year considering what he was last. Sanchez overall I see being a good, solid QB, but not elite on the level of Rivers, Manning or Brady. Maybe a Hasselbeck type QB.

13. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    You may love sore losers, I do not. Fat Rex is a horse's *ss. It was probably the crying in team meetings that got the players playing so hard.