1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sunday afternoon NFL Network Pats vrs Dolphins game thread..Anyone else watchin?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, May 16, 2010.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I'am in heaven right now in my hotel room watchin this...Just thought I would post this for some thoughts..

Pat whites#1 play as a dolphin, bout a 30 yard run {his eyes were hilarious at the end of that run, like a deer in headlights, lol} followed it up with a nice inside run for 6, then a nice read and pitch to ricky for 6...Absolutely a gem of an offensive hybrid drive, ABSOLUTELY BAD ***.

Watching JT most of the game in coverage is a little strange to me...See ya Pascoloni macaroni...Man got whacked, lol..

Theres a lot of receivers that are gonna catch themselves a nasty case of VD baby, that boy is nasty good.

Why do I keep thinking to myself " I Wish we were a 43 defense"...Odrick, Starks, Solai, and langford would be immovable no?

Tully banta Cain absolutely beat Jake real bad to force an overthrow by Pat. at least 1 of his incompletions was'nt his fault.

I just watched reggie torbor line up and rush from the dtackle position on 3 strait plays.....huh?...iam not a coach, but if someone could make some logic out of that for me Iam all ears....then wake enters the game for 1 play, forces brady into a bad throw to end the half, and then, we got screwed, that clock was on 0.

Chad Henne is a beautiful passer of the football..long delivery, lack of feel for backside pressure, but what a gun for an arm, the trajectory of a henne pass is unique and gorgeous to watch. Iam fallin for #7..

I must reiterate, ronnie brown is so awesome in the wildcat, however I would like to pose a question to the board? why on earth is Henne on the field and not Pat white when Ronnie is runnin the cat, I really think he can be the jet sweep guy, It would really keep that safety out of the box no?...

Ronnie with a nice pass from the wildcat position...I really think he should be working on his passing mechanics, I actually think he can get a little better, not to much, but I think there are so many options if he can get a little better.

Jamarcus Russell to another position?, what, did they just say that..lol

Anyone else watching?...bueller?:up:

Pandarilla and Bpk like this.
  2. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Omg, another inside rush by Reggie torbor..lol...he's 0 for 4 with 0 pressures in that dept..

Bpk likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sorry Bro, budgetary cutbacks forced a switch from Satellite to Cable, meaning no NFLN...and no DVR's of the 09 games...

So Big Jake let Banta whomever get the best of him causing a White errant pass, and his first pass of the season was an overthrow of Ted Ginn deep down the middle of the field, 3 passes left..

White has to make Defenses respect his passing, until he does he won't have running lanes he can use, and he should work on his speed maybe a bit more than his size...imho.

Bpk likes this.
  4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    What up Pod....and ginn does not dissapoint...check it, 3 mins to go, down by 7, henne drops, fires a 25 yard laser down the middle of the seam, a little high, but a very catchable ball, very catchable, nicely lead, if ginn catches it, he was in a full stride, and he has a solid chance of scoring...Padre..if you trust my eyes then i tell you what I saw with them....His reaction time was slow coming out of his break, didnt get his hands up in time, and he was worried as hell he was gonna get clocked.....

We punt, game over..

Bpk likes this.
  5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hey now, let us be accurate here Deej, on that last drive attempt all 3 Wr's had good chances to make a play and just did not, Hartline, Bess, and Ginn.

Recall the "What Brandon Marshall acquisition means" thread wherein it was speculated that "if" Sparano, Irish and Tuna were rewatching the entire season, they'd have to think that adding Marshall would have equaled 2 or 3 more wins?

The first patsies game was one of those on the list, along with Indy, NOLA, Titans, Steelers..

Recall that Thiggy's second Int was an underthrow to...Mr Ginn..the Beast is much more apt to be a better target..:wink2:

Bpk likes this.
  6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I guess so..for me though, it wasnt about just dropping the ball, it was a reaffirmation of why he was shipped off to San fran....it was a crucial drop..

How bout that Reggie torbor switch to dtackle thing? How do you project him at the nose?

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    We shall see, keep in mind that was what couldn't do, there were several things he could do, and his drop was no worse than the other two drops, yet because he was Ginn things are magnified.

"Davone Bess..great hands!"

"Ted Ginn..poor hands!"

They both dropped the ball on that particular drive, and iirc, Bess also fumbled a punt in that game?

There are reasons why Mike Nolan is now the DefCord, and why Reggie Torbor's old LB coach Bill Sheridan is the only chance he has of sticking on the roster for 3 millie this season.

8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Pat White as our jet sweep guy!? Oh no! :no:

jetssuck likes this.
  9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Oh my yes! :yes:

As I mentioned though, Sparano is talking about White having to prove he is a NFL Qb, to me after studying him, he needs to pick up a step when he runs as NFL quality De's are to quick for some of the stuff he used to do at WVa.

So let's see what a yr in the weight program does for him, as he needs solid 4.4 speed to make it work.

Bpk likes this.
  10. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Sorry to bust ya'lls bubble :shifty:

The wildcat is a smash mouth formation in which Pat White has yet to earn a place on the field. Right now, he's barely a threat to pass and that's about it. He's just too undersized to sell it....

Ronnie Brown has earned the respect of defenses.... he puts them on their heels. Pat White has them licking their chops...

And the reason you leave Henne on the field in the WC is because he is actually a threat to throw the football.

Bpk likes this.
  11. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    That game annoyed the crap out of me. We had chances to make big plays and win the game and everything was just out of reach. Perfect example was already talked about with the drive at the end of the game where the receivers couldn't make the play. So many losses were so close to being wins. Infuriating.

I will have none of that crap this season.

jetssuck likes this.
  12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

That dude would get murdered...not to mention Ricjy has done a very good job out of the formation imo.

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    JS, come on brother, you know darn well he can pass the football for what that position would require in specific play's...

When the game slows down for him, and he gets proper protection, he can throw the football, he does have a talented arm, not the most accurate, but talented enough to get the job done.

The football field is the same size in college as it is in the pros, yes the players are bigger and faster, but if he gets proper time like I said, its the same game.

Please do not take what I said out of context, i know you brother, lol...you know what I'am tryin to say..

jetssuck and Bpk like this.
  14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    lol...YEAH!!!!ME NEITHER!!NONE OF THAT CRAP, NOT GONNA STAND FOR IT!!

lol. that was funny Rock

jetssuck likes this.
  15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Funny thing is, I just rewatched the longer Pat White at WVa videos and he was throwing the ball into tiny windows, as in the Receiver was covered type of windows.

To me, his offseason should have included squats, dead lifts, box jumps and speed training because his key to success at WVa was forcing the defense to respect his speed, then throwing the ball, last yr his speed was not respected so his chances to throw were just not likely to work very well.

In college when he got to the edge the DE was forced to play run or pass, in the pros De's just stay home which reduces White's throwing lanes and they are fast enough that they do not have to guard against White getting outside of their containment.

As White himself said, in the NFL De's run 4'5's too, meaning he'd best work on his explosiveness in what Sparano said was "football playing shape".

Bpk likes this.
  16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    but the safety cannot sell out on the run if Pat can become that player...Iam gonna be patient because I think the payoff is space, space that ronnie does'nt get when ricky is runnin it..dont get me wrong, I love rick on the sweep as well, i just think that payoff will be special if Pat can get bigger and stronger.

That was always the goal for me...compliment Ronnie brown to create space.

I'll tell ya, there was 1 play in this game where Ronnie actually dropped back, and went threw a progression, scrambled around some, kept his mechanic's, set his feet and made a decent throw...

The Revolution, the evolution will continue...

Iam serious, the wildcat, the wildpat, in this game, was fantastic.

17. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    gibril was so bad in this game man...hey bud, how bout that safety rotation in cincy with Gibril and the crock.?lol...ooof.

Bpk likes this.
  18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    got some quotes from belicek during the game..

Belicek to taylor..."your playing good buddy", your going to be in the hall of fame one day" against us".. Their man love was evident...JT was all up in him, almost literally, lol..hugs and ear whispers..JT said something to him after the comments but he made sure noone could hear him..completely perplexing to me why JT is not a Patriot.

Pregame...."were gonna see Pat white in this game alot".........they did, and he played well in the game.he really did.

about davone bess...."when he plays outside, press him"....why a corner has to be told that is pretty funny.

Bpk and padre31 like this.
  19. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Don't forget Traveres "asbestos helmet" Tillman Bro....

Maybe Shula and Jake Scott making nice will lift the curse of the crappy safety this year?

Bpk likes this.
  20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    with the combination of negative dynamics that 2 rookie corners and a gibril wilson can do on Y Bell,its unbelievable the bullfrog got some pro bowl consideration..This poor man has to be the most underrated player on our team...watch his game rise if our corners become as good as they think they will, and clemons pans out.

I know you saw him flash speed last year like i did, there were instances where it was evident, but if we can improve and this guy can settle in and just play football, were looking at a probowl player imo.

21. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I don;t see Pat getting noticably bigger and stronger. He has a petite frame.

22. Bpk

Not to mention, Bell is finally staying healthy so he can build on his performance rather than rehab. That's progress.

djphinfan likes this.
  23. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Agree, I don't get the Bullfrog bashing.

Just relooked at the schedule man it is a killer:

Favre
    Sanchez
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Big Ben
    Palmer
    Flacco

Brother, that secondary had better have it's head screwed on tightly as aside from Sanchez, that is a list full of Pro Bowl caliber Qb's to start the season.

I suspect we will see a heavy running attack just to keep the defense off the field and those cats chillin' on the sideline with their hats on backwards.

24. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I can, especially through his bubble from his upper back to his hamstrings.

Looking at that schedule, man, welcome to the NFL, I bet Sparano is not going to mess around early in the year, hopefully the "Williams Wall" is not up for Game #2 due to the Star Caps suspensions, and we miss Santonio Holmes in that Jets game and Wes Welker in the first pats game.

25. Bpk

Do you watch the O-line and D-line a lot during the game?

How were Jake Grove and Randy Starks?

26. Bpk

Pat White's metabolism is gonna make it very hard to keep on any weight he tries to put on. You're talking about a very high set point on that metabolism.

The flip side to that is, fast metabolism dudes put on muscle much faster when they DO get enough calories and resistance training, Their bodies are like little factories. lol.

I just can;t see him keeping any weight on, especially during TC and the season when his calorie expenditure will be super high.

27. Bpk

I've been rewatching my DVR'd games. I've gottent through the Bills game (where we won), both Jets games, and most of the Saints game.

Bell has looked very very good.

I can;t beleive how well he plays at the LOS when defeating blockers. he blows up screens, chucks blockers off him with his strength and squares up on running backs. Just a really really good SS.

Haven;t seen enough of him in coverage yet. Seems he was always near the line when I saw him!

28. Bpk

Just stumbled across this quote on nfl.com while looking for Pat's weight:

29. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Dude...it's the NFL..I've never heard of a player who had a problem adding pounds the question always was whether or not they lost their speed when they did add weight..and of course if they have an effective masking program in place..

Did I just say that?

:shifty:

Half kidding aside, he lists anywhere from 190 to 197, he can add 5 to 8 pds or so without losing his quicks.

Heck I used to lift with a stone ectomorph and even he put on about 5 pds of muscle in a summer.

30. Bpk

Yeah, he can add 5 pounds, but that ain't gonna make a huge diff in his game. If he could add 15 it might. But he won't. And it won't.

I'm a very high-metab guy who worked at a modybuilding/nutrition company called Muscletech for awhile. All we did was obsess about how to put on and maintain weight, and in that perfect environment, with all the supplemenets known to man free for me (nothing illegal, won;t do that to myself) I put on about 15 pounds over six months... but the second I stopped WAY overdoing the supplements the weight went away again. I just couldn;t maintain it naturally and sustainably without a ****load of effort.

I think an offseason Pat White could carry 10 extra pounds, but no way he can keep it through a season. Either way, though, he WILL try to put on weight because he needs to.

And, Padre, I don't understand how wearing a mask would help him?

31. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    this is where Cam wake can make or break our season, also check it...What did we have? a top 5 run game in the NFL last year, even with 8 in the box, moreso then most teams?...brandon marshall [great blocker} and a Big Baby J AUTOMATICALLY improve the hell out of the chances that your last statement projects....

Is it just me, or are you as well a little worried for opposing defenses this year when it comes to them being pounded?lol

I honestly am starting to believe that we are trying to become the most dominant running team in the league..

Since they have been miami dolphins, Ronnie and Ricky have never played against a fair, honest defense.now they get to.....very very dangerous Pod..no bs.

Bpk likes this.
  32. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I agree, this is not an elongated body {like ginn} were talking about here BK, he's got some room to grow...

33. Bpk

I guess we'll see. Pray I'm wrong!!!

34. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Randy was active as hell in this game, triggering the comments from dierdorf that he was the unquestioned defensive mvp, rips, power moves, good hand usage and constant hustle.One thing I find interesting is how his type of game at the nose will match up against the run, relative to a player like wilfork, starks play an athletic nose, while wilfork does'nt budge out of his space..

Didnt watch one snap of grove, but it's amazing how this team with a qb in his first year, competed with the pats, saints, and colts...now, were the youngest team {top 3} in the league, and were better. and more experienced at key positions, qb, corner, middle linebacker. wide receiver...were younger but more experienced...I like that kinda party.

35. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I swear Cam wake affected the play every time he was on the field..which was about 5 plays, lol...

Not using Wake on all obvious pass rushing situations? head scratcher of the year, and it never got itched....what the hell Pascoloni....putz...bet it had something to do with him getting whacked.that and having torbor consistently look like Zach thomas rushing the passer from the dtackle position.

36. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hmm, let me ask you, were you bodybuilding?

I ask as that would be sorta counterproductive, White doesn't need to bodybuild, he needs to power lift, fewer reps, more weight, shorter duration.

As I pointed out earlier, White needs to pick up that .5 of a second in quickness, his game right now is based on having that quickness and it just wasn't there this season.

One of the secrets that Chris Johnson has is he is a champion power lifter for his weight class, that adds explosion and quickness to a player as well as toughness in fiber (imho).

37. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Porter was blowing up when he was called off the field, Taylor didn't want to leave either, so who was the loser early in the year?

Cam Wake and to a lesser extent Charlie Anderson.

Bpk likes this.
  38. Bpk

Totally agree. The major compound lifts are excellent for explosion. Cleans, squat, snatch etc.

And it depends on your definition of bodybuilding. But, yes, his program would be very different than the ones I was on. I've cycled through olympic lift and 'mass building' programs, but only for 6-10 week periods.

padre31 likes this.
  39. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    where was moses and why did he not see the field as often as he should have in rotation?
    the LB's in 2009 were bad
    moses needs to step up to stick imo
    i've read it is his time and anderson too
    i need to see it

40. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Exactly, one of the points that I'm thinking White can improve on is at WVa they may not have worked on his explosion as much as he has worked on it this offseason, his first in the NFL.

A strength coach in college would have to have balls of steel to have the star Qb doing dead lifts at 90% of his max during the season, Sparano and Crew have no such qualms..I hope..

10-12 reps, 4 sets until failure for 45 minutes up to literal hours.