1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My soggy notes on the Dolphins-49er's game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Regan21286, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    What sucks most about having a bunch of Nor Cal friends is that they only watch the 49er's and/or Raiders. Unfortunately, they're one of the few that I know with DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Sure they're all rooting for the 49er's but hey, free food and beer with the Dolphins on the TV and the gf on my lap? I'll endure.

The Good:
    - We won and are still in the mix.
    - The TE's on this team are the best receivers sans Davone Bess. Even Haynos got in the mix. Martin's come a long way but Fasano's still not meeting my expectations after a great start.
    - Chad Pennington was efficient and for all the talk about his arm, he connected on a pretty long one to David Martin, who made it a bit longer with a TD for dessert. He can run pretty quickly for someone his size.
    - 5 sacks and incalculable pressure on Shaun Hill. They said earlier that Miami has not allowed a TD in 3 straight games. Porter's a big reason for it. Starks may not stuff the run as well as other NT's but he can collapse the pocket.
    - It was good to see UCLA alum Foster do well. He's no Gore but he's no pushover.
    - When Crowder out-tackles Patrick Willis, you know you're doing fine.
    - Ronnie had some good runs. Since most of us here go to UCLA, we're used to Wildcat plays.
    - Putting Satele at guard worked a bit. Frankly, I think there's should be a competition this offseason and loser plays guard.
    - This is the first Dolphins game I can watch in weeks.
    - I'm more full than buzzed. I swear I gained 5 pounds today.
    - Today's tally: 2 cups of imported Spanish sangria, 1 can of Bud Light, 1 shot of Johnnie Walker Black Label, and 1 shot of Red Label (is there really a difference?).
    - Looks like tanking a few games in one fantasy league is helping me out. Currently winning 90-81 as the #2 seed (only Westbrook hasn't started). #4 is killing #1 with a 117-42 and #4's QB Romo hasn't even started. #4's players' matchup in the championship round is awful (Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, and Carolina).
    - Being the only happy person in the room when the clock struck 0:00? Priceless.

The Bad
    - We got dominated in time of possession in another close game against an inferior opponent. We can't win close games against weak opponents and expect to do well in the playoffs.
    - Will Allen looks like he's on a slip-n-slide. When an aging WR makes you look silly, something's wrong.
    - Frank Gore wasn't starting so you gotta wonder if he could've turned the tide here.
    - For the most part, if our pressure didn't get to the QB, Shaun Hill could've gone for 300 yards. WR's were pretty open. The only time Hill had was to make short throws.
    - Our WR's weren't a factor. True, Clements is a good CB but still, I think we really need that 6'2-6'3 and up #1 guy. Kenny Britt could start immediately if he declared. Just saying.
    - Chad looked a bit off and on. Some near picks but some great throws. I wonder if the pressure really got to him.
    - Not a lot of emphasis on the run game. I didn't like that.
    - Lots of conservative calls fielded the question from my friends of whether Karl Dorrell was calling the plays for us. Sure seemed like it.
    - I'm more full than buzzed. I swear I gained 5 pounds today.
    - I wrote down a few things but then someone spilled beer on it.
    - My fantasy teams might come down to the wire.
    - The guy who drank the most, Nick I think, probably drive better than the DD. If I didn't already have a heart attack from the game alone.
    - Girlfriend is from Nor Cal and is a 49er's fan. I'm not getting any tonight and I don't have the keys to the chemical stockroom with me. Yet. :shifty:

Lookin forward to KC next time. We oughta fare a little better.

evz, cnc66, siciliansith and 4 others like this.
  2. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007

Red label is pure crap and Black label is slightly less crappy. Green label is very good and good value for money. Blue, Swing and Gold are pretty good but way overpriced. White label is pure poison but hasn't been seen for many years.

Regan21286 likes this.
  3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Free crap is better than no crap I guess. :lol: