My Phillies just got Cliff Lee

7 replies

Roman529Roman529New MemberOP
Dec 14, 2010, 12:59 AM

I am totally speechless. This is unreal. Christmas came early!!!!!!!! :yes:

HALLADAY
LEE
OSWALT
HAMELS
(??????)

Could be the greatest pitching lineup ever. Now we just need a righty bat in Right Field.

unifiedtheoryunifiedtheoryLuxury Box
Dec 14, 2010, 02:12 AM

You need a bat? Dude, in the playoffs you are rolling THAT out there, you don't need any runs.

I'm on Twitter @ut_pez

Roman529Roman529New Member
Dec 14, 2010, 03:41 AM

"unifiedtheory wrote:

You need a bat? Dude, in the playoffs you are rolling THAT out there, you don't need any runs.

Yeah 3 or 4 runs might be enough. Damn I just can't believe we got him and the Yankees didn't. This would be like Dan Marino getting Jerry Rice, T.O in his prime, Barry Sanders, and you can throw in whoever else you want.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Dec 14, 2010, 06:21 AM

muscle979muscle979Forum Veteran
Dec 14, 2010, 06:25 AM

They'll find a way to blow it just like they did last year.

PeaTearGriffinPeaTearGriffinNew Member
Dec 14, 2010, 09:32 AM

As a Phils fan I'm happy to have Lee back in Philly. However, this signing makes zero sense to me unless they plan on trading Cole or Oswalt in the next few days. Pitching is not why we lost in the playoffs(Or even why we were behind the Braves for most of the season).

Halladay, Lee, Hamels VS. Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels? Is it really that much of an upgrade?

In October, our heavy left handed, wrong side of 30, injury prone hitters went cold. And our inconsistent bullpen failed us. Why wasn't this money put into these areas? Yippie we signed Dennys Reyes.

I LOVE pitching so I'm really going to enjoy watching every Phils game this year. But when October comes and we start losing games again 3-2 or 2-1 and everyone is asking where the runs are. I'll be the sad little Phillies fan shaking his head because I saw it from a mile away.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Dec 14, 2010, 09:38 AM

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Dec 14, 2010, 01:42 PM

"unifiedtheory wrote:

You need a bat? Dude, in the playoffs you are rolling THAT out there, you don't need any runs.


The Red Sox if healthy are going to light up the Phillies if they ever play...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod