1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My opinion we dont have a bigtime coach or Qb

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pumpdogs, Nov 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Several times a game Tua forces throws to Tyreek. He must feel pressure to keep him happy and get him the 2k yards everyone knows he covets. Take Hill out and he's free to pick the open man regardless of who it is.

KeyFin and resnor like this.
  2. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I'm not worried about Tua. He's staying healthy, he's throwing for 300 yards or more basically every week, he's either winning games or keeping us competitive with a chance to win them. We're 7-3 on the year and first in our division. We're also in a four way tie for the top overall spot in the AFC and a first round Bye. There should be no complaining.

Ryan, resnor and Tuanon4Life like this.
  3. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I'm not saying that they would have success, at least not team success. You would see more of their individual ability on those teams, bit their overall stats would decline...other than rushing yards increasing lol.

Anyway, yeah man, that's all I'm saying. I've had the past 25 years of ****ty FO, and I've seen the teams they assembled around much more flawed QBs (Henne, Beck, Tannehill, etc) so yeah I'm concerned about things off the FO craps the bed again. I'm really not trying to argue that scrambling QBs are better than Tua... cause I really prefer a QB who isn't a runner.

I agree, if Tua has weapons, his individual abilities allow him to be an elite QB. You don't give Mario Andretti a 1963 Peugot to drive in the Grand Prix.

FinFaninBuffalo likes this.
  4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I have. Just cause you don't agree with them , or didn't truly understand the intent of my posts, doesn't mean I haven't.

Anyway, I'm sick of arguing about me. I don't hate Tua, I don't think he sucks. I don't want him gone. If I make criticisms, they're just criticisms. Also that little dig was because he made an instigating comment about posters like myself.

Let's enjoy the rest of the season.

5. FinFaninBuffalo

FinFaninBuffalo Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Peace. I agree it is time for a truce. Enjoy the season. Have a happy thanksgiving.

KeyFin, resnor and Tuanon4Life like this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan Member

Oct 20, 2023
    I actually agree this thread should get shut down. The thread title alone makes me feel like it should get shut down.

djphinfan likes this.
  7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Agreed, cut me mick cut me

It’s unfounded, lacks any reasoning and has 0 proof, and all evidence points to the opposite

Don’t care if it’s someone’s opinion the opinion is not backed up with any material or context

Ryan likes this.
  8. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Happy Thanksgiving, man.

KeyFin and FinFaninBuffalo like this.
  9. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yup you're right.

Argue with your self Deej.

KeyFin likes this.
  10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    “Hard to argue but so far this QB ,and HC have come up small when we play good.teams.
    These are simple facts and good luck with any argument.”

Keep fighting the good fight lol

Thread titles like that shouldn’t even be allowed to be posted, but apparently you will defend, at least your consistent

Ryan likes this.
  11. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yeah I will defend people to voice their opinions.

When he steps up big in a big game, then people will stop saying he disappears.

12. Ryan

Ryan Member

Oct 20, 2023
    Thanksgiving thankful edition: Thank the lords I’m not a Tennessee fan dealing with some (always) mediocre, overpaid, geriatric-like statue of a QB that can’t perform in games BIG OR SMALL. Dude needs an all-pro OL, RB and WRs and defense just to be the first QB IN NFL HISTORY to ever throw for under 100 yards in his first ever 2 playoff starts. Takes a special kind of mediocrity to pull that off. I’m thankful my QB Tua is miles and miles better then that guy.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
  13. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Yeah they will just move the goal posts to something else

Ryan likes this.
  14. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    DJ, I would agree that the TEAM has come up short this season against “good teams” as you put it, but as far as our quarterback?

It’s been clearly illustrated that Tua’s performances against the “good teams” this season have been no worse than the performances of Mahomes and others against the same opponents. That’s no knock on our quarterback or Mahomes or any others but more of a nod the stout defenses they’ve lined up against.

Football is a team sport…11 men working together as ONE cohesive unit against 11 other men working together as a cohesive unit. When you have a game in which statistically both offensive units were nearly identical, as was the case against KC in Germany, that fault doesn’t lie with a single player as so many are quick to find the convenient scapegoat to point their finger to.

Not making any excuses. Have we lost 3 games? Yes

Have we lost to a stout division rival? Yes, but don’t we usually split that series?

Have we lost to the defending NFC Champions who are railroading thei way through the league this year? Yes, but so have all but one of their opponents this year.

Have we lost to the defending 2 time Super Bowl champions? Yes, but we stood toe to toe with them and just came up a little short.

Thats 3 games in 10. There’s 7 game’s remaining in the season…and the pending post season. I choose not to look at the glass being half empty and what we’re not doing but the glass as half full and what we ARE doing. Are there things the Dolphins as a team could be doing better? Absolutely but this is not the team of mediocrity of years past. I’m truly grateful for what we have and optimistic for what’s yet to come.

Ryan likes this.
  15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Cool keep supporting shallow derogatory opinions that have literally no evidence or content behind them on our favorite teams message forum.

It’s sounds right up your alley.

Ryan likes this.
  16. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    You all keep sniping each other. We’re done with this thread.

Ryan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.