1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My off-season moves

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyBobby, Mar 11, 2010.

1. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    This is what I feel the dolphins should do to have a sucessful off-season that will leave them the best prepared for the long term future...

1. Dansby-I loved this mov, we desperatly needed an upgrade in speed and instinct in the middle and that is exactly what we get..plus I think this will push crowder, as he is not the top dawg in the middle this year. I just hope he doesnt turn Bart Scott on us

2. Do NOT sign a FA safty. Their is no value this year, all the FS this year are trying to make bank this year bc of the unusual circumstances...I would take Shaper to a 1-2 yr deal but i think he wants too much.

3. Acquire a DT in the draft and free agency...Before Ferg and Mcdaniels messed up I would have just drafted a DT in 2nd or 3rd round

4. this one pisses me off bc i cant believe they let Nate Jones go but we need a nickel corner. #29 is ok but doesnt quite meet the standard.

Draft 2010
    1. Dez Bryant....PLEASE
    2.OLB/NT whichever position has better player on the board
    3. Arron Hernandez... bryant and hernandez to go with the rest of the O...EXPLOSIVE
    4. OLB/NT/DB/RB....To far to guess

Now Im sure i left some things off but with us making smart $ decisions like they r we could be a very good team for a long time to come. The future is great for the dolphins

SICK likes this.
  2. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Atogwe could be had for around 6 mil and a poison pill. He's a great player. Soliai is a solid player, there are no good NT's availiable in FA. Williams is gone and the FO won't want to pick up Shaun Roger's contract. Will Allen could play nickel if need be. It's not a pressing need. You really have bad priorities.

Draft 2010
    1. Dez Bryant is baggage. I will reiterate, if we go offense, WR, in the first round we may as well sign Marshall.
    2. OLB/NT....we will most likely have gone OLB with top pick. If we do it'll be traded down and used to pick up a second 2nd round pick which gives us both OLB and NT.
    3. Hell, if he's here that'll be pretty amazing. Jimmy Graham is our best bet if we go TE. Hernandez is top grade TE and him falling to the third round is pretty shocking.
    4. I'm pretty sure we still don't have a FS according to your plans. Are we gonna play man down and hope no one notices or is Reggie Torbor gonna switch positions?

3. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Ok well let me start be saying that that list was not in order of priority.

so to respond, i will REITERATE...

I wasnt aware that u were so close to Atogwes agent but, like i said there is no value this year. If you need my help Slowmotion i will explain value to you later.
    And I was under the impression that will allen got released but obviously that is not the case.

As far as DEZ and his baggage....I have a feeling and a real fear that the baggage that we would sign over to Marshall might put this team in crutches for future years
    Now I agree with trading the pick but thats not what i was working with but if we traded I would trade down and pick up golden Tate and OLB
    there is a lot of talent at TE this yr so to see someone who is rated out of the top 5 TEs I dont think it is too much of a reach...And let me just say this now Grahm is an athlete BUT hernandez is a PLAYER

Now Im sure i left some things off is what i wrote last time but since u r such a smartass i will explain. I am one of the few that belives Clemons would be a servicable FS this year after a full off-season. also now that im aware I like the idea of Will Allen playing back there ooorrrr Sean Smith.So I guess i didnt leave this team w/o a FS...ppwww

4. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Lmao, I remember when I thought I was relevant.

5. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    really need to re-sign our starters
    the draft needs: FS & NT
    would be nice: give Dez a shot if he falls to 12, TE & LB

6. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Draft two or three linebackers, a nose tackle and a tight end. Thats all we need for this season. next year we can get our receiver. 2011 is loaded with them

7. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I am okay with picking up Marshall or drafting Dez Bryant but I thought Marshall had a whole bunch of baggage compared to Bryant?
    Marshall would bring a lot of skill and talent to the WR position but it would be nice to have our own home grown WR who can progress with our young QB. Bryant is the best WR in this draft and if he slips to 12 you have to look at him.

8. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    I really dont want Dez at the 12th. I hope we trade and take Tate or Thomas then one of the many OLBs Bowman/With/Kindle

After tyhat we just start taking the best players available at the combined positions of need.

We may have some holes but the rest of the team is Solid