1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*My Madden 2009 dynasty with the Miami Dophins*

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Straz, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    So I was very board today and was on a madden site and I saw that all these member would post about their dynasty in a thread, so I figured I would do one here and maybe other people would post theirs. So here are the details of my dynasty-

I will be playing 8 minuet quarters (X-Box360) ** Check that, I will be playing 5 minute quarters becuase 8 is wayy to long.
    I will play with the Miami Dolphins of this year and I will make no trades
    I will play our schedule this year

I will post the first game details when I'm done.

2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    How about Tecmo Super Bowl?

Dan Marino had 4,300 yards passing and 49 touchdowns as he lead the Miami Dolphins over the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl!

3. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    My Madden IQ to start is 785, and that is the difficulty I will play.

4. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Week 1- Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets.

I enter this game and it is raining, so I automatically think to myself, Ronnie has to have a big day and I should also try to get Ricky some touches.

I start off by losing the coin toss, and the Jets chose to receive. So I was like of no big deal, I am fine with that. Little did I know the Jets, led by Brett Favre (who is a 99 becuase I dont have online so i dont have the roster updates) leads the Jets down to the red zone and then my defense stiffins and I hold them to a 28 yard field goal. 3-0 NYJ.
    -The ensuing kickoff after the Jets scored I take the kick with Ginn and I start out straight up the middle and then spin to the left hash, and i go 97 yards untouched. Carpenter knocks through the extra point and the score is 7-3 MIA.
    - After an interception by Channing Crowder I go on a 4:07 drive where Pennington hooks up with Ronnie Brown in the flats and Brown dashes 17 yards up the sideline for a touchdown. The score is 14-3 MIA.
    -Right before the first half comes to a close, I go to a prevent defense and Favre lobs the ball up to Wright who was uncovered in the middle of the field, and the Jets scored as time ran out in the first half. The score is 14-10 MIA.
    -The only scoring in the third quarter came on a 20 yard Mike Nugent FG, which was the result of a Chad Pennington interception when he threw a curl route to Ted Ginn, and Ginn didn't get his head around in time and Revis picked it off. the score is 14-13 MIA.
    -In the fourth quarter Pennington threw another INT when I tried to go long to Wilford :pity: and Rhoads picked it off. Favre led the Jets all the way down to the one yard line, where he found Baker in the corner of the end zone on third and goal which put the Jets up 19-13 becuase the Jets failed the 2-point conversion attempt.
    -I turn the ball over on downs and Favre hooked up with Coles for a couple of key first downs which led to a Mike Nugent FG, from 29 yards out which put the Jets up 22-14.
    -I had no time outs, and less than a minute to score and make a 2-point conversion. Bess took the kickoff back to the 40 yard line. Three plays later Bess cathes a pass from Pennington which put me almost in FG range. The ensuing play Pennington goes to throw to Fasano who is on a fly route where it gets intercepted again, which made the final score to be Jets 22 Miami 14.

I had a terrible day on offense and defense, I just couldn't put together a drive. I haven't played with the dolphins in a very long time so I need to get used to the play book. Hopefully, I can rebound against Arizona.

Record thus far- 0-1

anlgp likes this.
  5. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Player stats-

Passing Leaders

NYJ- Brett Favre- 26-31, 313 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT
    MIA- Chad Pennington- 9-23, 78 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT

Rushing Leaders-
    NYJ- Thomas Jones- 13 attempts, 29 yards
    MIA- Ronnie Brown- 9 attempts, 54 yards

Receiving Leaders-
    NYJ- Laveranues Coles- 8 receptions, 117 yards
    MIA- Anthony Fasano- 3 receptions, 39 yards

Defensive Leaders-
    NYJ- Vernon Gholston- 4 tackles, 1 sack
    NYJ- Shaun Ellis- 3 tackles, 1 sack
    NYJ- Eric Barton- 2 tackles, 1 INT
    NYJ- Kerry Rhoads- 5 Tackles, 1 INT
    NYJ- Darrelle Revis- 2 tackles, 1 INT
    MIA- Channing Crowder- 11 tackles, 1 INT
    MIA- Yerimiah Bell- 7 tackles, 2 passes defended.

:pity:

6. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    My Madden IQ also dropped from 785 to 755.

7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I guess I'll add what I did in Madden too.

Playing 6 minute quarters on all Madden I finished 4 seasons as the Miami Dolphins.

First year I went 11-5 and made it to the AFC championship game.
    Second year I went 16-0 and made it to the AFC championship game again.
    Third year I went 15-1 and won the superbowl.
    Fourth year I went 16-0 and won the superbowl.

Ronnie Brown rushed for over 2000 yards the final two seasons and caught over 1000 yards in the third as well.

8. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Week 2- Miami Dolphins at Arizona Cardinals

THIS WAS AN AMAZING GAME!!!! :up:

Scoring Summary-
    1Q:
    - I won the coin toss and elected to receive. Bess got the kick and took it out to about mid field, and that's where Pennington and Co. took over. My opening drive ate up 2:35 of clock, and the drive was capped by a 2 yard quarterback sneak by Chad Pennington who put the Dolphins up 7-0.
    2Q:
    -The Cardinals take over after a Pennington INT and get into FG range where Neil Rackers hits a 37 yarder to make the game 7-3 Miami.
    3Q:
    At the end of the third, Warner was on fire on the last drive of the quarter and hooked up with Fitzgerald three times on this drive, the last one being a 29 yard touchdown reception which made the game 10-7 Arizona.

At this point heading into the fourth quarter I was thinking that I could not afford to go to 0-2 at this point in the season and I needed a win.
    4Q: :yes:
    - Channing Crowder (the guy I control on defense) gets an interception at mid feild which gave me terrific field position early in the fourth. Ronnie Brown had a few keys first downs on this drive, and then capped the drive off with a 1 yard plunge into the end zone to make the score 14-10 Miami.
    - After another Pennigton INT, Arizona marches down the field and with :21 seconds left scored on a 3 and goal play from the ten yard line with a pass for Larry Fitzgerald to make the Cardinals go up 17-14.

at this point I was ready to just scream, losing again was just something I have never done before, but I didn't give up.
    -Bess took the ensuing kickoff back and had a decent return. I came out throwing on 1st down but Pennington over threw Wilford on a fly route. My next play was a sack which left me with :7 seconds left on the clock after the timeout. The next play I line up in I right and hot route to Ginn on a go route becuase usually when I line up in a running formation, secdonary players usually go man, and thats just what Arizona did: I threw a 78 yard pass to Ginn as time expired to beat the Cards 21-17! :yes:

Record- 1-1 :up:

9. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Player stats:

Passing Leaders:

ARI- Kurt Warner- 19-24, 218 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT
    MIA- Chad Pennington- 12-21, 219 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT's

Rushing Leaders-
    ARI- Edgerin James- 10 attempts, 57 yards
    MIA- Ronnie Brown- 13 attempts, 73 yards, 1 TD

Receiving Leaders-
    ARI- Larry Fitzgerald- 6 receptions, 103 yards, 2 TD's
    MIA- Anthony Fasano- 3 receptions, 38 yards
    MIA- Ted Ginn Jr.- 2 receptions, 98 yards, 1 TD (Game-Winner as time expired) :up:

Defensive Leaders-
    ARI- Karlos Dansby- 8 Tackles
    ARI- Roderick Hood- 7 Tackles, 1 Sack, 1 Pass deflection, 1 INT
    ARI- Antonio Smith- 5 tackles, 2 sacks
    MIA- Channing Crowder- 7 tackles, 1 INT
    MIA- Yerimiah Bell- 6 tackles, 1 TFL
    MIA- Joey Porter- 6 tackles

10. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Week 3- Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots.

Scoring Summary-
    1Q-
    -After Channing Chowders 3rd INT of the year which was retuned to N.E. 30, Ronnie Brown makes a big reception to put Miami on New England's own 1 yard, where Brown scores to put Miami up early 7-0.
    -The Patriots then answered back by going on a 1:48 yard drive, where Gostowski barely made a 44 yard FG.
    2Q:
    -Things started to get ugly when Tom Brady lofted up a 68 yard pass to Randy Moss, and Will Allen missed timed his jumped which led to the Pats taking a 10-7 lead.
    -Randy Moss was a man among boys in the Dolphins weak secondary and caught a 28 yard pass in-between Will Allen and Renaldo Hill in the end zone, which game the Pats a 17-7 lead.
    - The Dolphins however managed to get a little drive going before half time and settled for a 46 yard FG attempt which Carpenter nailed to trim the Pats lead to 17-10.
    3Q:
    -I started out the third quarter by getting the ball, and I went on a 3:36 drive only to have to settle for a FG from 40 yards out, which Carpenter nailed again to trim the lead even further to 17-13.
    -After a Carpenter missed FG, and then a defensive stand, Back-up Q.B. Chad Henne came in for the injured Chad Pennington and came in with a bang. Henne completed a 64 yard pass to Davonne Bess as time expired in the 3rd quarter to make it a 20-17 Miami lead going into the 4th.
    4Q:
    -The only scoring of this entire quarter came by the Patriots early in the quarter when Maroney scored from 1 yard out to give the Pats a 24-20 lead.
    -I had a chance to win it with a little over a minute left and the ball but my drive stalled near mid field, and on 4th and 17 with :46 left, I tried to do what I did against Arizona and lob the ball to Ginn, and Henne dropped back heaved the ball down filed to Ginn, Ginn had the ball and then Ellis Hobbs hit forced it lose to preserve the Pats victory. :pity:

Record- 1-2

11. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Player Stats-

Passing Leaders-
    NE- Tom Brady- 18-26, 301 yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT's
    MIA- Chad Henne- 5-11, 99 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    MIA- Chad Pennington, 8-16, 127 yards, 2 INT's

Rushing Leaders-
    NE- Laurence Maroney- 10 attempts, 19 yards, 1 TD
    MIA- Ronnie Brown- 11 attempts, 31 yards, 1 TD

Relieving Leaders-
    NE- Randy Moss- 6 receptions, 151 yards, 2 TD's
    MIA- Ronnie Brown- 4 receptions, 48 yards
    MIA- Davonne Bess- 3 receptions 98 yards, 1 TD

Defensive Leaders-
    NE- Jerod Mayo- 7 tackles, 1 INT
    NE- Richard Seymour- 5 tackles, 1 sack
    NE- Fernando Bryant- 3 tackles, 1 INT, 2 Pass deflections
    MIA- Yerimiah Bell- 8 tackles
    MIA- Channing Crowder- 6 tackles, 2 INT's, 1 TFL, 1 pass deflection
    MIA- Phillip Merling- 2 tackles, 1 sack

12. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Hell man I've actually enjoyed reading your games & commentary. You're young finish up the season tonight :lol:

anlgp likes this.
  13. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    :lol:

Well, I'm going to finish the season up before Christmas, I don't know about tonight though becuase I had a sleep over with some of the football players last night so I'm getting tired.

14. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Week 4- Bye Week.

15. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Week 5- Dolphins vs Chargers

Scoring Summary-
    1Q:
    -After another Channing Crowder INT, Pennington hits Fasano on two passes, the second one a 14 yard touchdown to put Miami up 7-0, only 1 minute into the game. :knucks:
    -After forcing a San Diego punt, Pennington leads another drive into San Diego's red zone where this time he finds Ronnie Brown from 14 yards out to put Miami up 14-0 with :31 left in the 1st quarter.
    2Q:
    -San Diego goes on an 8 play 40 yard drive to start the second quarter but my defense holds them to only a FG, to make it a 14-3 Miami lead.
    -San Diego goes on another long drive, but once again my defense holds them to only a short FG, which makes it a 14-6 Miami lead.
    -With only :26 left in the half, I quickly move the ball to mid field, but only have time for one play and I lob it up to Ernest Wilford hoping he can make a play but he can't and my pass falls incomplete. 14-6 Fins at the half.
    3Q:
    -I convert on 2 fourth down attempts on my opening drive, and Pennington caps off the drive with a 37 yard strike to Bess. After making the catch, Bess makes a move on Jammer and then on a safety to put Miami up 21-6. :up:
    4Q:
    -With a mixture of runs and passes I march right into San Diego's red zone and Ronnie Brown punches the ball into the end zone from 2 yards out to add to Miami's total. This puts the game out of reach with Miami 28 San Diego 6.
    -With the Chargers threatening inside my own 20, Yerimiah Bell intercepts a Phillip Rivers pass in the end zone invented for Gates. After the run back I take over on my own 8 yard line. after a couple of Ronnie Brown runs, Pennington completes a 30 yard pass to Fasano to put the ball on the 50 with a minuete left. Which makes the final score Miami 28, San Diego 6:knucks:

Record 2-2 :yes:

16. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Players stats-

Passing Leaders:
    SD- Phillip Rivers 24-31, 234 yards, 2 INT's
    MIA- Chad Pennington- 18-28, 238 yards, 3 TD's, :yes:

Rushing Leaders:
    SD- Ladainian Tomlinson- 6 attempts, 15 yards
    MIA- Ronnie Brown- 18 attempts, 79 yards, 1 TD

Recieving Leaders-
    SD- Ladainian Tomlinson- 7 receptions, 32 yards
    MIA- Anthony Fasano- 6 receptions, 88 yards, 1 TD

Defensive Leaders-
    SD- Stephen Cooper- 7 tackles, 1 TFL
    SD- Quentin Jammer- 7 tackles, 1 Pass defelction
    SD- Luis Castillo- 4 tackles, 2 sacks
    MIA- Channing Crowder (my defensive player)-13 tackles, 1 INT, 1 pass def.
    MIA- Yerimiah Bell- 7 tackles, 1 INT
    MIA- Chirs Crocker- 4 tackles.

17. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Its weird how Madden is reflecting the Fins season this year. I played as Miami and finished the season 11-5 taking the division in a week 17 victory over the Jets after they had been leading me by 2+ games all the way into the final weeks. Hope it holds true and it seems your season is 2-2 after four games which seems a bit familiar doesn't it. :shifty:

anlgp likes this.
  18. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

All ya gotta do is put it on All-Pro and you'll whoop everyone.

Kinda OT but I just started a second franchise and did the fantasy draft..

Briggs, Willis, Tatupu, Merriman (how's that for a young LB corp).

I've got Jay Cutler, Adrian Peterson & Brandon Jacobs. Ted Ginn, Hester as two receivers.

Teams are goin' down!

All my players are younger than 27 years old. The majority of them 25,24.

The OLine is a bunch of no-name guys who I just checked to make sure their strength was really high and they were really young. Sometimes a youth compromise had to be made (wanted youth mainly) but it has been awesome.

No one can stop my run and the defense is on the field very little.

Oh? My regular phins franchise is awesome, too...

(I've got '08 for PS2)